Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:28:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Gilbert Gottfried

Started by Ham Bap, April 12, 2022, 08:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

George White

She was also in A View to a Kill as one of May Day's hench-babes, the other being Alison Doody (whose presence gives me another excuse to recommend RRR, but that's O/T).

Keebleman

Let's start a conspiracy theory!

up_the_hampipe

Stern's tribute:

Forgot about that segment with Beetlejuice where he didn't like Gilbert at all for no particular reason. So funny. "Goo for you pal"

Goldentony

"what about my Ralph Kramden? NORTON!"

Keebleman

Gilbert's funeral took place today and paid-up Patreon fans of his podcast were able to watch it live.

It was emotional of course, but with lots of laughs.  Jeff Ross and Susie Essmann were particularly funny, I was shocked at how tall Gilbert's daughter is (I thought she was only about ten!), and it was I think the only funeral I have ever seen where the phrase "skull-fucking a dead person" was used.  (It might have been included in the pre-Vatican II liturgy, but in Latin.)

www.legacycelebrated.com/gilbert-gottfried/

zomgmouse

Gottfried on Celebrity Wife Swap: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3neo1q
Haven't watched the full video yet myself but the bits I saw were great. Very funny to see him showing up such a bland programme for what it is.

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: zomgmouse on April 15, 2022, 02:35:13 AMGottfried on Celebrity Wife Swap: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3neo1q
Haven't watched the full video yet myself but the bits I saw were great. Very funny to see him showing up such a bland programme for what it is.

I remember watching this, it was great! Even just on a surface level, it's incredibly funny watching him be such a cheapskate and make no effort whatsoever to impress Thicke's wife (or the audience) when that's precisely what's expected of you. As you say, it shows up the format, since it's pretty clear he's living the best life out of all of them.

George White

AH, Alan Thicke
Google 'Australian interview', where he boasts about being mates with Rolf, and the reporter has to break the news to him that he's a nonce. And what's even funnier that he seems to have modelled himself on the Aussie entertainer.

Jumblegraws

Quote from: Keebleman on April 15, 2022, 12:57:19 AMGilbert's funeral took place today and paid-up Patreon fans of his podcast were able to watch it live.

It was emotional of course, but with lots of laughs.  Jeff Ross and Susie Essmann were particularly funny, I was shocked at how tall Gilbert's daughter is (I thought she was only about ten!), and it was I think the only funeral I have ever seen where the phrase "skull-fucking a dead person" was used.  (It might have been included in the pre-Vatican II liturgy, but in Latin.)

www.legacycelebrated.com/gilbert-gottfried/
That whole thing was beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Goldentony

that cavalcade of impressions at Beetlejuice in the clip above is ridiculous. I remember hearing that on CAB Radio about ten years ago maybe, probably longer, and when he gets to TURN YOUR CARS!!!

Love it.

Goldentony

never seen the Wifeswap episode before, first thing he does when he meets Alan Thicke's wife is his say Alan Thicke fired him and then does his impression of him. Excellent work, well done all.

up_the_hampipe

He was great on Celebrity Apprentice too if you can stand to look at the host:

Noodle Lizard

Quote from: Goldentony on April 16, 2022, 09:22:54 PMnever seen the Wifeswap episode before, first thing he does when he meets Alan Thicke's wife is his say Alan Thicke fired him and then does his impression of him. Excellent work, well done all.

It's been a while since I've seen it, but isn't he constantly intimating that he thought sex would be involved?

These two clips are well-known, but wonderful:

Gilbert Gottfried Reads 50 Shades of Grey: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkLqAlIETkA

I Didn't Know I was Gilbert Gottfried: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNPk0sxmTr0

Mobbd

I'm gonna say it:

Too Soon.

Keebleman

Gilbert's grave (the marker is just temporary).  Fans have been leaving tributes of hotel shampoos and shower gels.

Ferris

Looks like he's trump ex wife

Keebleman

A couple of months ago there was a final gathering of Amazing Colossal Podcast guests and personnel in New York, and a video of the show has been released. 

Bit of an odd set up.  It's only available for another day or so, costs about £15 to download, and once you have downloaded it you only have a week to watch it.

https://www.moment.co/ggacp

TheMonk

Nice for them but the whole show revolved around Gilbert. Funny thing to charge for.

Ferris

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on April 14, 2022, 01:33:32 AMStern's tribute:

Forgot about that segment with Beetlejuice where he didn't like Gilbert at all for no particular reason. So funny. "Goo for you pal"

Just watched this. The section from 1m49s absolutely slayed me.

Keebleman

One year gone.  Still miss him.  I regularly listen to episodes of the podcast and they're terrific, I laugh a lot, but there's an inevitable undercurrent of melancholy to them now which can never be wholly ignored.

Rolf Lundgren

Quote from: Keebleman on April 12, 2023, 06:49:07 PMOne year gone.  Still miss him.  I regularly listen to episodes of the podcast and they're terrific, I laugh a lot, but there's an inevitable undercurrent of melancholy to them now which can never be wholly ignored.

Me too and have that same bittersweet feeling. I didn't realise it's the year anniversary but was listening to some of his Stern videos the other day then  had to go back to the Bob Einstein Colossal Podcast episode and then the Artie Lange ones. Both favourite guests of mine who totally get Gilbert.

Always impressed at how bulletproof he is. Watching one of the Stern's where they all give him a particularly hard time and he doesn't flinch for a second, laughing harder than anyone else.

Curious to know what's happening with the podcast and why they still release episodes. I guess it's hard for Frank or Dara to leave alone. Sad that they never did get to interview Papillon Soo Soo.

Rolf Lundgren

George White

I've heard that they might have approached Ms. Soo Soo, but she turned it down.

Keebleman

His headstone.  Love the epitaph!

Bennett Brauer

Quote from: George White on April 12, 2023, 08:38:08 PMI've heard that they might have approached Ms. Soo Soo, but she turned it down.

Two Soo.