Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:52:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Alan Resnik and Conor O'Malley collaboration with Negativland

Started by Petey Pate, April 19, 2022, 10:34:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Petey Pate

No idea what exactly this is, but looks intriguing.

Should have read the description:

QuoteIn celebration/memory of Negativland co-founder Richard Lyons' April 19th birthday/death anniversary, here is a new short film made for the Negativland track "I Didn't Know I Was Dead." It stars Conner O'Malley and Robby Rackleff, and was produced by James Trevor.

The vocals for this track were recorded by Lyons as he was dying from nodular melanoma, and were discovered posthumously by his bandmates. Since the cancer affected his ability to speak, there was take after take of him reading his text as he tried to get through each sentence without slurring the words. The vocals were edited together by Negativland after his death, and blended with their electronic sounds and The Weatherman's stomach noises. The words are from the point of view of a frightened Christian boy having a terrible dream, and reflect both Richard's own upbringing, his typically darker than dark sense of humor, and that he knew that he didn't have much longer to live. He died on his birthday, April 19, 2016.

Premiers in 5 hours.

Brundle-Fly