Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:23:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Meet - York - Saturday May 14th

Started by shoulders, April 23, 2022, 08:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiftwork2

I'm sure it was just a peck on the cheek.

If it happened to be tongues intimate then the meet will have to relocate to Norwich, for example.

Ferris

A few months later I had a flaming row with the same girl by one of the pubs a bit further down by the river so you could always give that a shout.

Otherwise I'm out of ideas, sorry. You're on your own.

shiftwork2

Tempestuous.

Venue integrity is restored.

shoulders

http://minsterinn.co.uk/

Pub website

(seems to have an up to date food menu on i)

I was looking into booking a table, just a little tricky with it being an all day thing and potentially people coming and going

madhair60

shoulders

Pdf, I think.

iamcoop

Joe Qunt

Is anyone allowed to come? I might be available that day and I'd quite like to get a drink with some like-minded lads/lasses.

shoulders

If you have a CaB account you can attend if your name isn't Jonathan King.

willbo

I feel like turning up even though it would be a 3 hour journey or so

shoulders

Quote from: willbo on May 04, 2022, 07:48:53 PMI feel like turning up even though it would be a 3 hour journey or so

Done worse

madhair60

Quote from: shoulders on May 04, 2022, 07:13:15 PMIf you have a CaB account you can attend if your name isn't Jonathan King.

I don't have a CaB account can I come?

Icehaven

It's Eurovision night you fucking heathens.

shoulders

Quote from: Icehaven on May 04, 2022, 09:05:07 PMIt's Eurovision night you fucking heathens.

Come for the afternoon then (and stay for the presumably gaudy debauched Eurovision coverage)

paddy72

Damn, I have a gig on the 14th.

If there's another one up north, I'm there.

shoulders

There is (also on the 14th)
Check mate sucka

madhair60

eurovision is almost impossibly shit

Icehaven

Quote from: shoulders on May 04, 2022, 09:18:04 PMCome for the afternoon then (and stay for the presumably gaudy debauched Eurovision coverage)

It's a birrova hike for me I'm afraid, but I'll be thinking of you all while watching Ukraine get all the points.

Paul Calf

Quote from: madhair60 on April 28, 2022, 09:26:26 PMPaul Calf can come if they promise not to hit me

Well, I can promise to try not to.

shoulders

Quick update as we aren't far away from the meet date. RetroRobot and Dr Greggles have been in touch to say they can't make it.

However for the rest of us, it's this Saturday at the Minster Inn from about 1.30pm onwards.

If you haven't attended one before and undecided, they're generally very good fun, you'll find people are friendly and really welcoming.

Flouncer

It's also worth saying that the customary radishing of newcomers isn't as painful as one might imagine, especially if you go to the trouble of lubing yourself up beforehand.

madhair60

just want to echo how friendly, warm and welcoming the CaB meets are. I was so nervous the first time I went and now I go to every single one that I can. :)

DrGreggles

They're genuinely great fun, and I'm gutted to miss out.
I can recommend them to anyone who is unsure about whether to go, and the CaBbers are not as cunty as you'd think an absolute delight.

Mr_Simnock

Yes they are great, always fun. Might come to this with biniput, depends on how arsed I am on the day and also if paul calf finally answers my PM to him about having an afair together

The Lurker

Lovely weather in York this Saturday. Sun's out, CaB's out.

shoulders

I gave Minster Inn a call and we have a table for 8 from 2pm on Saturday.

I know there are at least 4-5 definites so with people turning up at different times across the day that gives us a bit of slack. There'll be space out the back and normally to mill around if it gets any busier than that.

Twit 2

Where are the cocks in pints pics? Call this a meet?

Flouncer

Currently on the train from Sheffield to Scarborough; packed in like sardines at Hull. I'm having a weekend in Scarborough with my girlfriend; plan is to check into the hotel then I'll jump on the train to York and pop in for an hour or so. If I make it I'll be there around 5, I think.

bakabaka

I won't be able to make it as I'm buying a house in Sheffield this afternoon.

So it looks like the meet is on.