Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 02:15:09 AM

Login with username, password and session length

CaB Meet - York - Saturday May 14th

Started by shoulders, April 23, 2022, 08:01:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

Good luck!

Right, we are setting off, official proceedings commence from 2pm, might be there a little earlier, eg. 1.30 depending how our lunch goes.

Nice day for it by the look of things... See you all later.

pancreas

my mother is making me go to whitley bay :(

shoulders

Fr.Bigley

Have fun today gents and gentiles, I'm currently boarding the car to go listen to inane shit at this wedding do. I'd rather be in York sipping pints on this fine hot day.

Kankurette

If there are any Mancs attending, trains go from Piccadilly and it takes about an hour and a half.

The Lurker

Trains full of people going to York Races* and I can't help but feel seriously underdressed.

*Well, either that or the CaB meet is going to have record numbers

Mr_Simnock

Me and biniput already in York having lunch.

phes

Quote from: The Lurker on May 14, 2022, 12:17:14 PMYork Races*

Welcome to York, Streets of Vomit

Fortunately I think it's actually a festival and not the races. I would have come today but only spotted the thread this morning and I'm working. Curse the updated topics link. Hope you all have a splendid day!

Kankurette

Just booked my train ticket and heading to Piccadilly. I'm wearing a Space shirt. Thought I should wear something that makes it obvious who I am.

shoulders

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on May 14, 2022, 12:18:43 PMMe and biniput already in York having lunch.

Ah great, relieved I got the table for 8 now!

We'll be over ter Minster Inn around 1.45ish I imagine. If you get there before me just ask if there's a table for 8 reserved under the name Jack.

The Lurker

Apparently I'm nine minutes away. But my sense of direction is terrible. And I've taken up some time typing this out.

shoulders

Ok, we are here in the room left of the entrance and bar. Looks like plenty of space available.

A bald man and not bald (yet) woman are in the corner.

monkfromhavana

Will there be pics? Or can't they be taken due to on-going legal issues.

I'm about a hundred and fifty miles away but think I'll pop out for a couple at the Beacon in Sedgley. In solidarity with York meet attendees I'll be wearing a bald cap and slipping a tight rubber band on the end of Mr Winky.

shoulders

Huzzah

Here with Madhair, Kankurette, The Lurker, Biniput, Simnock, Shiftwork

Cmon down and join us, there's space!

GoblinAhFuckScary

Flouncer

I'm on the train. Should be there in half an hour or so.

Fambo Number Mive

I wish I was with you in York. Stressful day at work instead. You could probably fill a cup from all the sweat on my brow.

selectivememory

Flouncer

Fuck's sake, there's been a track circuit failure and the train is waiting outside York station. I'll have racked up five hours on the train by the end of the day.

Twit 2

I'll be spending the night here and having a better time than all you loosers:

Flouncer

shoulders

Quote from: Flouncer on May 14, 2022, 05:06:37 PMWhereabouts are you cunts sat?

First room on the left as you walk in the front entrance.

shoulders

Quote from: Twit 2 on May 14, 2022, 04:52:13 PMI'll be spending the night here and having a better time than all you loosers:

Don't message me

Flouncer

I've fucked off now but it was really lovely to see everyone. Shifty is a prince among men (he bought me a mineral water).

Mr_Simnock

Top meet up that, I WANTS MORRRE OF THEEZ

Flouncer

Yes, I'd love to do it again. I was under a bit of time pressure today but it would be great to spend the day. Can we organise one in Sheffield soon?

Kankurette

Nice meeting you motherfuckers. On train home now. And yes, I'd be well up for a Sheffield meet.

The Lurker

Enjoyed that. Hope everyone's else journey back was better than mine, the trains have been a right pain in the arse

Flouncer

If we have a meet in Sheffield next month I'd be happy to coordinate stuff and organise a place to have it.