Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 04:18:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Comedians at the boxing

Started by Spongo McChongo, April 23, 2022, 09:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Alan Davies Harty Hill and Tim Vine all sat ringside at the Tyson Fury fight.

Alan Davies Tim Vine and Harry Hill all sat ringside at the Tyson Fury fight.
What are the chances of that

thenoise

Alan Davies likes to attack the homeless, and we all know about Harry Hill goading people into having a FIGHT. Not sure about Tim Vine, though I have seen disturbing footage of him tormenting his next door neighbour's cat.

petril

but if Alan Davies and Tim Vine are here, who's grooming the badgers for the badger parade?

Quote from: thenoise on April 23, 2022, 09:16:30 PMAlan Davies likes to attack the homeless, and we all know about Harry Hill goading people into having a FIGHT. Not sure about Tim Vine, though I have seen disturbing footage of him tormenting his next door neighbour's cat.
Alan Davies has left now he must be outside battering a tramp again.

Aw, disappointed at Tim Vine.
I can well believe it of the other two.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Yeah wasn't Hill a doctor? He should know better than to support such a brutal "sport"...Anyway i really, really hope Whyte flattens Fury. Come on Dillian, batter the racist, homophobic, gangster befriending cunt!!

DrGreggles

Disappointed at people liking sport...

Twilkes

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 23, 2022, 11:07:21 PMDisappointed at people liking sport...

Tim Vine likes darts, that's not really a sport.

It's worth watching all of this video, it's possibly the most Tim Vine thing you will see:

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 23, 2022, 11:07:21 PMDisappointed at people liking sport...

Haha, yeah, sorry, suppose I should explain that.

I heard Jonathan Ross just the other day saying he went once and it was too real. Without the commentary offering that layer of detachment, it was just two men battering each other for his entertainment, and he said the mother of one of the fighters was sitting in the row behind him so every time her son got hit, he had this empathic whimpering in his ear.

I suppose I see Tim Vine as a gentle bloke with his word play and silly songs, and wouldn't expect to see him at the "man punching", excitedly grimacing and squirming ring-side.
Cigar chomping, foreign waiter goading boor Jonathan Ross trying to sidle past because it's all getting a bit much for him.

I don't like sport, it's boring, but other people can do what they like.

DrGreggles

Quote from: Twilkes on April 23, 2022, 11:28:28 PMTim Vine likes darts, that's not really a sport.

Of course it's a sport.
Adrian Lewis is an elite athlete.

Keebleman

I had a dream about Tyson Fury the other night.  He wanted a lunch that cost £101 - he insisted that be the price - and I had to get it for him.  It was on the 36th floor though and I kept getting out of the lift at the wrong floor and then being unable to get back in.  After nearly an hour I still hadn't got to the 36th floor and I was getting rather anxious, but I was relieved that I hadn't received a bollocking over the radio.  It was then I noticed my radio was switched off so I wouldn't have been able to receive any bollocking anyway, and would probably get a bollocking for that too.

Anyway, I hope Tyson Fury wins cos he never got his lunch.  Oh he has won.  Good for him.

Tony Tony Tony

Nothing sums up the brutality of boxing quite like this pic....

What you reckon 'Arry?

Quote from: DrGreggles on April 23, 2022, 11:29:46 PMOf course it's a sport.
Adrian Lewis is an elite athlete.
And Ted "The Handkerchief" Hanky has admitted to sexually assaulting a young woman; very much the behaviour of a professional sportsman (apart from the admitting it part).

thenoise

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on April 23, 2022, 09:56:10 PMYeah wasn't Hill a doctor? He should know better than to support such a brutal "sport"...

I knew he went to medical school, but apparently he practiced as a neurosurgeon for years. Boxers were probably his bread and butter.

Twilkes

Quote from: thenoise on April 24, 2022, 04:03:12 PMI knew he went to medical school, but apparently he practiced as a neurosurgeon for years. Boxers were probably his bread and butter.

He wasn't a neurosurgeon: "Let's get one thing straight: I was never a neurosurgeon. Some joker put it on Wikipedia and, because I rather like the idea, I've never bothered to change it. Not that I couldn't operate on your brain if you wanted me to. If you need a brain operation, I'm happy to have a go. I just can't guarantee the results."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10175657/amp/HARRY-HILL-started-doctor-case-notes-rib-tickling-stage-act.html

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Rib tickling would fall under thoracic medicine more than neurosurgery.

Fambo Number Mive

I know boxing isn't very good for boxers, but at least they have a choice to compete unlike racehorses. I think going to watch horse racing is far more morally dubious.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on April 24, 2022, 11:15:29 AMNothing sums up the brutality of boxing quite like this pic....

What you reckon 'Arry?

They're wearing HEELS, for fucks sake. Hopeless.

I have a memory of Rowan Atkinson sitting in the crowd quite clearly during a big televised boxing thing in the early 90s. Probably a Frank Bruno or Chris Eubank fight. Not knowing his real name, I exclaimed "That's Mr Bean!". 28 years old etc. Using the term "comedian" loosely, I also saw James Nesbit at a boxing match on TV about five years ago, but don't ask me who the boxers were.

Famous Mortimer

Tony Yeboah

Quote from: curiousoranges on April 24, 2022, 05:47:26 PMI have a memory of Rowan Atkinson sitting in the crowd quite clearly during a big televised boxing thing in the early 90s. Probably a Frank Bruno or Chris Eubank fight. Not knowing his real name, I exclaimed "That's Mr Bean!". 28 years old etc. Using the term "comedian" loosely, I also saw James Nesbit at a boxing match on TV about five years ago, but don't ask me who the boxers were.

Carl Frampton v Scott Quigg and Nesbitt was off his face to a hilarious degree.

Quote from: curiousoranges on April 24, 2022, 05:47:26 PMRowan Atkinson

Only just found out yesterday that he's a geordie!
He kept that quiet!

Keebleman

When Benn and Eubank fought for the first time Brian May and Anita Dobson were clearly visible ringside.  (They stood out of course because you thought, "Hey look at those twins. Wait a minute...")  Bri was calm and quiet throughout but his missus was 100% for Benn, bouncing in her seat with excitement, wincing with every blow he took. If she'd been miked up we no doubt would have heard, "Fuckin' 'it 'im, Nige, fuckin' 'ammer the cahnt!!!"

The Mollusk

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on April 24, 2022, 05:17:16 PMI know boxing isn't very good for boxers, but at least they have a choice to compete unlike racehorses. I think going to watch horse racing is far more morally dubious.

How would you feel about horsefighting if that were a thing? Let's imagine the horses would be compliant and not goaded into it at all since they were holding a grudge over some stolen hay. Two horses in a room just going for it, tearing chunks out of each other, the kicking thing, all sorts. Massive room, like an air hangar, the braying and whinnying echoing out into the huge empty space and off the cold metal walls. I reckon I'd be into it.

PlanktonSideburns

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: The Mollusk on April 24, 2022, 07:22:09 PMHow would you feel about horsefighting if that were a thing? Let's imagine the horses would be compliant and not goaded into it at all since they were holding a grudge over some stolen hay. Two horses in a room just going for it, tearing chunks out of each other, the kicking thing, all sorts. Massive room, like an air hangar, the braying and whinnying echoing out into the huge empty space and off the cold metal walls. I reckon I'd be into it.

Strap horns to their heads too, so it becomes a unicorn fight.

rilk

Pretty sure Hugo Chegwin aka Beats from People Just Do Nothing was behind the dugout at the Brentford Spurs game yesterday.