Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 10:43:52 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Late Late James Corden (Edit: Leaves the Late Late Show)

Started by rude soil, April 28, 2022, 11:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jesus, don't get my hopes up like that.

selectivememory

Well, this thread was a let down.

Mobius

McDead

Good riddance to this walking beefburger, this poltroon, this gladhanding purveyor of chintz, this pound of shit in a half pound bag

McDead

I hope his subsequent broadcasts are from under the ocean.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: up_the_hampipe on April 29, 2022, 12:00:01 AMHe's coming home lads!

Nah, I think he'll just continue to fuck around in Los Angeles being a cock. They seem to like him over there.

QDRPHNC

aunt mildred

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on April 29, 2022, 02:06:08 AMNah, I think he'll just continue to fuck around in Los Angeles being a cock. They seem to like him over there.

Smithy and Nessa sitcom incoming. I was hoping he'd be palmed off permanently over there but like Piers, Simon and Anne he'll be back here because the americans have realised they're shit too they think we've missed them.

shiftwork2

tourism

this is timely as I was just thinking that 'according to corden' would be a good name for a show where james corden does observational stuff/shares his inner life.

tourism

Quote from: McDead on April 29, 2022, 01:22:17 AMGood riddance to this walking beefburger, this poltroon, this gladhanding purveyor of chintz, this pound of shit in a half pound bag

hey now

wobinidan

I guess I'm the only late night show fan here? I think he had a good run and I'm sad to see he's moving on. But very excited to see who'll be replacing him! I think late night shows were really starting to get stale before James arrived and shook up the whole scene, and now that he's been there to provide healthy competition, the late night shows are better than they've ever been.

Good luck to James, maybe he'll take over from Jonathan Ross or Graham Norton or whatever the fuck I don't know what any of these things are anymore. Maybe instead of Carpool Karaoke he can do swimming pool circlejerk on Channel 4. Anyway best of luck James!

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Maybe Jimmy Carr could replace him. He's had the necessary dental work to succeed over there.

Replies From View

Now that he's retiring, I hope he manages to get plenty of exercise so that he doesn't get fat.

PlanktonSideburns

Just for the record I think that this lazy fatphobic stuff is pretty rank, even if corden did a bad telly and wasn't funny and seems insincere, makes Corden look like the good Guy compared to you lot, or like some sort of Nathan Barleyesque in-group who thinks they're well edgy

Do some jokes about what a nasty and insincere prick he is instead

Virgo76

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on April 29, 2022, 07:45:41 AMJust for the record I think that this lazy fatphobic stuff is pretty rank, even if corden did a bad telly and wasn't funny and seems insincere, makes Corden look like the good Guy compared to you lot, or like some sort of Nathan Barleyesque in-group who thinks they're well edgy

Do some jokes about what a nasty and insincere prick he is instead

Agreed.

H-O-W-L

poodlefaker

Crime Scene Corden - the rollypolly funnyman investigates grisly wrongdoings
Corden Off! - dunno, a travel programme?

wrec

Corden Bleu - James is off to Paris to serve up a piping hot slab of meaty, cheesy, risque standup

thr0b

I'll miss his show. It's great fun, especially since the post-Covid re-formatting, where it's taken on more of a zoo/ensemble format.

I won't miss the bits where he tries to do "sincere" - you always know when they're coming - he leans forward on his desk a bit, speaks slower, his voice cracks with emotion, and you know he's Sincere.

But yes, he's clearly a git, but the show is well-produced, with lots put in by a team who clearly enjoy doing it. As long as they're alright, great.

(I'd take another CraigyFerg week over half a decade of Corden though.)

dissolute ocelot

It would be nice if he did some proper acting, maybe find him a nice ITV serial killer to play, but I suspect he'll continue to fanny around with fuck-all effort.

Also, death to the Guardian for ending their report thus:
QuoteCorden, 43, also hosted the Tony and Grammy awards and appeared in films including the captivating but critically panned movie musical Cats.

Urinal Cake

Must've decided you either die a hero or you live long enough to see yourself become Ellen.

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: dissolute ocelot on April 29, 2022, 09:26:47 AMAlso, death to the Guardian for ending their report thus:

To be fair, I was captivated by cats, like being the first in line in the queue caused by a car accident

Gavlarrrr! 'Chinese Alan' will be delighted to hear of his imminent return to our shores.

robhug

can only mean there's some multi million deal already signed with ITV or some such, be warned of a sea of shit being thrown our way. James Corden's Sunday night takeaway.

just the thought of him distresses

Butchers Blind

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

He's only moving back here because he can't get his favourite brand of biscuits in America.