Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 09:05:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Derek Wikipedia Sad Piano Time (incorporating Robot Grief Dog & Rammstein)

Started by Catalogue Trousers, April 29, 2022, 12:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Catalogue Trousers

So, I idly go to see if any of this forum's fine amendments to the Derek page have survived...

...and I find that the page has gone. Searching for it via Ricky Gervais' page reveals that a lot of his projects have had pages suddenly disappear. Interesting.

Of course, this now means that any enterprising type could set up a subtly excoriating page for Derek from scratch, should they feel so inclined. Not that I'm saying that you should...

...but it is a bit bizarre. (And you totally should.)

Noodle Lizard

This one? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_(TV_series)

Some of the subtler (and not-so-subtle) CaB/Pilkipedia additions have remained. Have a look at the episode descriptions and the Guest Characters.

DJ Bob Hoskins

TommyTurnips

Remember when Hannah was pregnant and Derek went ratting through a bin to find her pregnancy test so he could announce the news before Hannah had the chance to? What an insane piece of television that was. Certainly not the actions of a kind person either. Seems to me that Derek is a self centered manipulative little shit.

Thomas

Quote"Episode 4"   

[...] On the beach, Kev writes crude sexual words on the shells of live crabs using a silver marker pen.[17]

checkoutgirl

QuoteThe title character made his first appearance in the 2001 Edinburgh Fringe show Rubbernecker,[11] and appears briefly in his Science tour of 2010. In this show, Gervais bemoans the harassment he suffers at the hands of autograph-hunters, adopting a 'Derek-like' persona before denouncing 'them' as genetically inferior and 'a gaggle of mongs'.

checkoutgirl

QuoteSir John/Joan Elderly as Nameless Crowd of Old People - all episodes   
John Bird as Idi Amin - 1 episode

checkoutgirl

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 29, 2022, 01:26:31 PMthats true isnt it? He actually says that in Science

Oh yeah, I just can't imagine Gervais or Derek fans being happy with that being there. Laying bare the reason he made Derek into a TV show in the first place.

Des Wigwam

Quote from: idunnosomename on April 29, 2022, 01:26:31 PMthats true isnt it? He actually says that in Science

Yes but the joke isn't 'mongs' it's laughing at people laughing at it or not understanding it and laughing at a man saying it or whatever - it doesn't matter it's just that you didn't understand the irony of the joke.

Or maybe this is just one where the word doesn't mean the word.

I forget.

Cuellar

Not to toot my own horn but I am the one who put the bit in about 'Derek' appearing in Science, although I think my original edit didn't include the 'gaggle of mongs' bit. There was a youtube link to prove it, but I think the video has gone now.

checkoutgirl

The episode synopses start off fairly detailed and fun in episode one and by episode four of series two are just a cursory sentence with no effort put in at all, as if put in as a place holder.

QuoteDerek and the Broad Hill gang go on a trip to London Zoo. Hannah suffers a painful loss.

Kankurette

Magnum Valentino

Noodle Lizard

Someone's gone in and removed a lot of it since yesterday (all the Cast/Characters additions)! Do we have a mole?

Thomas

Quote from: Noodle Lizard on April 29, 2022, 07:43:12 PMSomeone's gone in and removed a lot of it since yesterday (all the Cast/Characters additions)! Do we have a mole?

Also recently edited Laurie Penny, Barry Gardiner, and The Left's Jewish Problem. Cabber.

Catalogue Trousers

Captain Z

I like the subtle

QuoteThe viewer is told he is kind, helpful and selfless, with good intentions.

Old Thrashbarg

Catalogue Trousers

My comment about the 'inane song about pudding' is still on there, but that's all. I was also responsible for Robert Gryffe-Dogg and the John Bird/Idi Amin credit, but I can't claim the singularly wonderful Sir John/Joan Elderly stuff. That page at its pinnacle was a real labour of love by a hell of a lot of Cabbers.