Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:34:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: iamcoop on May 24, 2022, 03:46:31 PMThat really cheered me up.

"Freakin' bananas" as they say in America (I imagine).

Blaming Hat Trick for the disintegration of his marriage was a highlight.

Doesn't that harken back to his initial assertion that his wife left because of financial difficulties, seemingly trying to insinuate she was just with him for the money?

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on May 24, 2022, 06:29:29 PMDoesn't that harken back to his initial assertion that his wife left because of financial difficulties, seemingly trying to insinuate she was just with him for the money?

As opposed to the stimulating and yet easygoing conversation

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: PlanktonSideburns on May 24, 2022, 06:30:37 PMAs opposed to the stimulating and yet easygoing conversation

Glinfam:you know I don't think that latest Harry Potter film was quite as good as the last

Glinner: FUCK YOU YOU'RE NOT A HERO YOU DIDN'T STAND UP FOR JK ROWLING!

Glinfam: look Graham all I said was...

Glinner: I only go by Glinner now

Glinfam: look all I said was I still like it but I prefer the earlier ones

Glinner: SHUT UP! FUCK OFF!

QDRPHNC

"Can't we buy our tickets in advance..."

Just let that one sink one.

Quote from: Ayasakura on May 24, 2022, 03:47:10 PMYEP. I said this in an old thread that I recognised ADHD traits in him. The jiggling leg thing is actually a huge tell because I do it as well and I am absolutely not aware of it most of the time. The only thing that stops it is using a fidget toy for my hands instead. The other huge tell is the addiction to twitter and the fact he's said in the past he was not able to write because of it, back when he still wrote for a living.

The absolute rage he gets when someone disagrees with him is classic rejection sensitive dysphoria (RSD) too, which is baked into ADHD. I know this because I have it. I tried for years to fix it, and not either fly into a rage or become suicidally depressed every time I'd been rejected - RSD is a life ruiner. The only thing that worked was ADHD meds. I get a small dose of legalised amphetamine every day and it has been transformational. I am a different person.

I say this not to excuse a single thing this cunt has done. I ruined my own life due to undiagnosed ADHD too and I didn't get a pass for it and nor did I deserve one (although to be clear, I wasn't going around spewing bigotry). He is a bad person, he has caused so much harm to people who did nothing to him, and nothing he could do could ever make up for that at this point. But I do wonder, if he got diagnosed and treated, would that be the thing that ends this, because he would no longer be filled with endless rage and obsession.

I might be wrong for many reasons, chiefly that meds don't work for everyone. But also because he might just carry right on being a cunt. The evidence strongly suggests he would.

I really wish he would have the balls to speak to someone and get properly diagnosed, because he is clearly massively unwell and in need of therapeutic intervention at the very least. You don't usually end up destroying your career, your marriage and all your friendships if you're mentally sound.

But the thing with MH treatment is you have to want to engage with it, be able to recognise that you are unwell and that you need to accept help in order to get better. I can't see Graham agreeing to any of that as he's just too stubborn and has aggressively rejected previous offers of help. I can just picture the clinician putting "Does not have insight into his own condition" on the assessment.

Even if he went through with it, there's also a high probability he would just reject the diagnosis and carry on as he is now, as in his own mind, he's doing fine and there's nothing wrong with him. It's all these other people who are the problem, you know the ones. All those bastards who ruined his life, etc.

Short of an actual sectioning I'm not sure what could be done for someone like him.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

I only got eight minutes in before I had to turn the lying fucker off, and that was with California Gurls blaring over it.

ps can't believe I correctly guessed that he'd been offered money to take his name off the musical and stubbornly refused

DrGreggles

Quote from: QDRPHNC on May 24, 2022, 06:37:40 PM"Can't we buy our tickets in advance..."

"Can I buy a ticket for a show that doesn't exist at an unknown location please?"

JaDanketies

Really hope Graham gets himself diagnosed with ADHD to own the transes, takes his medicine - because why not? - and shortly afterwards experiences a mental clarity that shows him what a horrible mess he's made of everything. "Six weeks on this Adderall and I can't believe this is how everyone else feels! Today I even deleted my folders of strangers' pre-transition pics - I thought, "why would I possibly need these.""

Barry Admin

Quote from: QDRPHNC on May 24, 2022, 06:37:40 PM"Can't we buy our tickets in advance..."

Chat was brilliantly deranged, I quickly skipped through it all.

Oh shit, best comment was probably: "Ricky Gervais as Father Dougal??!!!"

jobotic

I feel sad angry and scared about living in a world without Father Ted The Musical

QDRPHNC

FalknerHinton

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 24, 2022, 03:57:33 PM

"Vindication day" lasted slightly less than a day then. So much for "the best birthday ever" eh G?

Quote from: "The Big Banana"What, are they hoping I'll die?

Inshallah 🙏🏻

pigamus

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 24, 2022, 06:35:41 PMJK Rowling

bh148 Shirley sounds like one of those women who marries a Portuguese waiter and ends up losing her house

Ex_GC

He was going to call it Father Ted the final episode, really? I thought it was Pope Ted

The Guppy

He wasn't going to anything - it's all bollocks. It'll be Father Dougal next, or Ted of Tinseltown.

phantom_power

He is a proper famous person with a decent list of credits that would put a lot of writers to shame and he is farting out these low quality videos that look like he is on the frontline of the war in Ukraine and scriptlessly rambling about fuck knows what. It is really pathetic 

FalknerHinton

Quote from: phantom_power on May 24, 2022, 07:31:38 PMHe is a proper famous person with a decent list of credits that would put a lot of writers to shame and he is farting out these low quality videos that look like he is on the frontline of the war in Ukraine and scriptlessly rambling about fuck knows what. It is really pathetic 

They look increasingly more like the kind of thing Americans post on YouTube before they go on a spree tbh

NeaX

Quote from: retsuza on May 24, 2022, 03:55:16 PMHe actually blames a production company calling his wife for his divorce hahaha holy fucking shit

Hey this happened to me, my marriage failed because we got a cold call about double glazing

frajer

Quote from: NeaX on May 24, 2022, 07:11:26 PM#FREETHEFARTED

Heh, you've just reminded me of when he unironically started trying to get #glinnerisanally trending.

Such a stupid bastard.

idunnosomename

there was also an interesting bit in his Bänanabunker rant, where he goes

"[The Father Ted Musical], which is nothing to do with this... except that *smirk* it's about a protected class"

I reckon he wanted to turn it into a thinly-veiled allegory of his great fight, ala Simon Edge and his snort-inducingly funny novels

mtpromises

DJ Lippy, annoying Mess guest and purchaser of dinosaur suits, and her girlfriend are beefing with ASlightlyTwistedFemale. 

NSFW videos, vid 3 has boobies.

TLDR: ATwistedFemale has fake tits and wears makeup (she wear less makeup now and has edgy face piercings).  DJ Lippy doesn't like it and told her she's guilty of the ultimate rad fem sin, attracting men.  Lippy claimed ATF doxed her, ATF correctly asserts Lippy doxed herself.

Ferris

Juan K Perros

If he reckons 'cervix haver' is one of the most horrible insults he's heard then he must have gone to a nicer high school than me. Most of us, I'd wager.

Is it ATF who backs Karen Davis up a lot?

Aja was the one who was first to the Ricky Gervais clip I posted earlier and the also started the bench lie.

QuoteThe Father Ted musical is being held hostage.

Share this hashtag to let them know that you want to see it!
Without context, this might actually be the funniest sentence I've ever read.

Elfking

Ricky Gervais has seemingly not got the memo that good comedy punches up, not down. Also a cowardly "of course I support trans rights" after attacking trans people repeatedly. The man is happy to make jokes out of trans people but is too cowardly to actually acknowledge his blatant transphobia as transphobia. I won't deny I think some of his comedies are actually very, very good. The Office, Exrtas, Long Way Down, the stuff with Karl Pilkington... even After Life. But for as good as his show writing is it's clear the man is an odious little cunt.

Even in After Life's second season they had some transphobic targetted shit with a man who was identifying as a six-year-old girl and making his family treat them like that whilst obviously being fat, ugly and putting in no effort. Played for laughs and then afterwards they Ricky's character said something like "who are we to say what other people could or should be" or something like that. Spends several minutes laughing at trans people then tacks on a cowardly comment meant to make people go "Oh, well that's alright then." So transparent, cynical and bullshit.

As for the Pope Ted musical... Honestly who gives a fuck? Musicals are not my thing at the best of times but one based on Father Ted? With presumably none of the actors reprising their roles and with the titular character's actor long dead. Is there really any desire to see it? It sounds like an awful concept from someone who, quite frankly, has clearly long run out of ideas and ability to actually be funny as 80% of his brain has been eaten by worms.