Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 10:57:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elfking

Kind of off-topic I suppose but a "wrestling reporter" apparently went off on a bender and proceeded to be very transphobic and very loud about it. Just like all transphobes he is coming off as unhinged and getting his facts wrong (claims a trans person was the first women's champion in a company when she was, I believe, the second.) He's also been DMing the owner of this wrestling company and confusing him. At some point he appeared on video, visibly drunk and smoking a joint with his wife and said he wanted to fuck her but she was pissed off, flipped her the bird and ended the video.

Anyway, I thought is was notable because the people in the Reddit thread brought up J K Rowling (J K Rowling) and Graham Linehan: https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/uwqt3b/megathread_ringside_news_is_having_a_transphobic/i9szatc/

It's also very funny when he goes about "men" competing with women in professional wrestling... Since the outcomes are scripted professional wrestling should be the one "sport" where there doesn't need to be any debate about trans athletes.

Mindy Simmons

It is interesting, as someone on that reddit thread pointed out, how transphobes seem to become so consumed by their hatefulness. It becomes all they care about.

racecar bed indy 500

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 24, 2022, 03:57:33 PM

"its about protecting my daughter" says man who harassed teenage girls for disagreeing with him instead of spending time with his actual daughter, who has at least once forgotten he had a daughter, and barely sees her because his wife left him and took the kids with her.

JaDanketies

If I was to protect my children, the first thing I would do would be not become an international laughing stock due to abusive behaviour around a contentious topic

shoulders

The Gervais stuff appears to have overshadowed somewhere back on page 62 ish where Glinner had tweeted that Autism and ADHD are invented especially so left wing people can use them as a defensive shield.

I thought it was worth bringing that up again on account of its utter wretchedness and the fact he targeted women specifically while purporting to be their Knight in shining armour.

phantom_power

Quote from: shoulders on May 25, 2022, 07:07:02 AMThe Gervais stuff appears to have overshadowed somewhere back on page 62 ish where Glinner had tweeted that Autism and ADHD are invented especially so left wing people can use them as a defensive shield.

I thought it was worth bringing that up again on account of its utter wretchedness and the fact he targeted women specifically while purporting to be their Knight in shining armour.

To be fair to him, though I am not sure why I should be, I don't think he is saying they are invented. He is saying that they are unverifiable, so anyone can claim to have one to excuse their behaviour. It is still bullshit, just a different sort of bullshit

shoulders

Quote from: phantom_power on May 25, 2022, 07:30:38 AMTo be fair to him, though I am not sure why I should be, I don't think he is saying they are invented. He is saying that they are unverifiable, so anyone can claim to have one to excuse their behaviour. It is still bullshit, just a different sort of bullshit

Both can be diagnosed. I have no idea if Long or Penny have been diagnosed or not (or whether Glinner knows whether they have or not) but if a medical diagnosis isn't the closest to 'verifiable' we have, then the insinuation, particularly with the sneery 'malaise' is that they are invented. He didn't just attack the people, he attacked the conditions. And with a very stereotypical trope.

I can see why that someone said that represents a new low, he has now pushed supplying basic recognition and decency to people with autism and ADHD below crusading to... Dunno... Just stigmatise trans people to delight some old women?

MigraineBoy

A twitter account with a 'snow flakes - now with added tears' profile pic, tweets to a business upset that they've chosen not to associate with a madman & they also @ the uninvolved JK Rowling for good measure. 
Jesus.

Ex_GC

Do they honestly think this is going to make Hat Trick rethink their decision?

Sonny_Jim

Maaaaate, he's never going to work in the industry again, is he?  Hence all the 'TRAs are blocking Father Ted!' and grifting pensioners for fuel allowances.

jobotic

How old are those texts that he's kept?

Such a pathetic baby.

Sonny_Jim

I love how he presents these private conversations as proof that he's right and completely misses the fact that it makes him look like a deranged vindictive asshole.  Keep it up, Graham!

GoblinAhFuckScary

david o'doherty getting a solid pile-on from are glen's gals on twittles

The Bees

If I've understood correctly, his wife asks an actor to read a script, the actor turned her down, and this was all meant to go through her husband for some reason?

Sonny_Jim

Loves using his ex-wife as an attack amplifier, doesn't he?  She must be fucking sick of it.

MigraineBoy

Among the many, many pathetic things about Graham. His inclusion of a hashtag anytime he does a big important tweet for the TERF army, makes me cringe.

Ex_GC

What the Glincels fail to see that even though he's happy to take their money he doesn't actually want to be on a locked Twitter account hanging out with them. He wants to be rubbing shoulders with successful blue ticks and the bitterness that he isn't is consuming him. He'd drop the Glincels like a hot potato if he could get his blue tick and former life back

If anyone remembers BC's recent urgent platforming of Australian electoral candidate Katherine Deves (he himself might not by now, there's so much going on), here's a breakdown of how ineffective this attempt to churn up a culture war was on its own terms, before it even lost the Liberal (.au Tories) Party the entire seat:

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Mindy Simmons on May 25, 2022, 04:48:40 AMIt is interesting, as someone on that reddit thread pointed out, how transphobes seem to become so consumed by their hatefulness. It becomes all they care about.

This has been coined as 'Riley's Law' (from Trashfuture) -  "Anyone who discovers transphobia never posts normally again".

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Quote from: Vroomo on May 25, 2022, 09:24:49 AMAmong the many, many pathetic things about Graham. His inclusion of a hashtag anytime he does a big important tweet for the TERF army, makes me cringe.

hahah yeah who on earth is going to post that hashtag? how does he think that's going take off, I thought he was supposed to be Mr Twitter and knew how these things worked.

Ex_GC

Speaking of hashtags I just had a look at the Free Father Ted hashtag. They are all so deluded. "I promised my god kids I'd take them". You promised to take them to a musical with no release date and no official announcement? That's on you!

Pimhole

Quote from: Sonny_Jim on May 25, 2022, 09:14:10 AMI love how he presents these private conversations as proof that he's right and completely misses the fact that it makes him look like a deranged vindictive asshole.  Keep it up, Graham!

I mean it directly proves his framing of it as a lie. Why would he share that. Baffling.

retsuza

Actually these texts he keeps showing where he tells his old celeb friends to shut up and fuck off are extremely normal and fine and they vindicate him.

jobotic

Here's another text in which one of my friends sadly tells me I hurt them and their family.

Sweet huh? Still got it!

Ex_GC

I know it only serves to make him look extremely vindictive and is therefore not a bad thing but honestly sharing screenshots of private conversations is just so low