Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 5,559,182
  • Total Topics: 106,348
  • Online Today: 719
  • Online Ever: 3,311
  • (July 08, 2021, 03:14:41 AM)
Users Online
Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:45:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Madonna's mad NFT [split topic]

Started by JesusAndYourBush, May 13, 2022, 11:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

The Mollusk

Quote from: Butchers Blind on May 14, 2022, 11:13:14 AMI don't even think it's shocking in a way that she probably thinks it is. Nonsense like that is ten a penny across the internet.

Yeah and almost all of it made by Beeple.

non capisco

No, Madonna, we said "Can't you make something that's more popular!"

Poobum

Brings to mind the pleasure of expelling a solid, girthy, rugose turd.

Dex Sawash

Would be proper art if she had gone and made a vagina kayak out of the vagina tree

jobotic

You have love Madonna's shitness mixed with massively po-faced self-regard for her own genius.

Gervaisian.

Like to see him piss out some brambles next.

Barry Admin

Oh go on then: why does this make her "stupid" and "silly"? Something to do with her being "old"?

bgmnts

Quote from: jobotic on May 14, 2022, 12:49:34 PMYou have love Madonna's shitness mixed with massively po-faced self-regard for her own genius.

Isn't the "woman giving birth to trees/plant life etc a pretty common piece of imagery?

One story Herodotus tells of Cyrus the Great's grandad has him dreaming that his daughter births vines that spread all over the world.

Martin Van Buren Stan

If she wanted to shock people she should make an nft saying "thank God I'm an atheist"

idunnosomename

I think having a honking great tree trunk coming out your chuff isn't quite the most profound way to express the idea

Also that the set looks like Goldfinger's lair

Sonny_Jim

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 14, 2022, 12:50:35 PMOh go on then: why does this make her "stupid" and "silly"? Something to do with her being "old"?

I guess it's the same reason why some people find Phil Minton funny, we aren't the target audience so we react in a different way than expected.  I don't think age has a lot to do with it, albeit it does have that 90's aromatherapy vibe to it (might be me applying that label tbf).

If Kanye did a genderswapped version we'd all be taking the piss out of that.  I don't think the humour arises specifically from it being an older women.

Kelvin

Not really any naffer, or more cringeworthy than most music videos, tbh. A single striking image as simple metaphor.

It's wasted as an NFT of course.

JesusAndYourBush

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on May 14, 2022, 04:43:23 AMNot sure about NSFW but the centipede one isn't even safe for breakfast time.

I just spilled my porridge. (Not a euphemism).

Ah, I didn't realise there's more than one.  Turns out there's 3.

Butterflies, no doubt spawning jokes that they're moths, because she's old, etc.
NSFW don't click
https://twitter.com/MadonnaGreece/status/1523781260069416960

Centipedes
NSFW yeah really don't click, or do, up to you.
https://twitter.com/MadonnaGreece/status/1523780916182618112

Butchers Blind

About as convincing a piece of art as that time she pretended to like Timothy Taylor ale.

JesusAndYourBush

They sold for $628,829. (The tree one for $346,405, butterflies $146,816, centipede $135,608).

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 14, 2022, 12:50:35 PMOh go on then: why does this make her "stupid" and "silly"? Something to do with her being "old"?

I realise this wasn't directed at me and I wouldn't refer to her as that but the reason I think it's rubbish is the concept itself is a bit 'I'm 14 and this is deep' and the rendering is a bit bad-futuristic that makes it look dated in the present day. It reminds me a little of when Virus Recordings went through a phase of making laughably awful videogame-themed artwork that just looked dark, shit and as if it was made on a prototype model of N64 that was immediately rejected.

I do get from an intention point of view it's Madonna being Madonna though and I kind of respect that, just the end result isn't very good in my opinion.

wrec

I heard she thought NFTs were a  good way of branching out but this is ridiculous

Blumf

Quote from: JesusAndYourBush on May 14, 2022, 01:36:32 PMCentipedes
NSFW yeah really don't click, or do, up to you.
https://twitter.com/MadonnaGreece/status/1523780916182618112

Okay the first two are nature, trees and butterflies, but this one has robot centipedes. I'm completely lost on the message.

Barry Admin

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on May 14, 2022, 01:52:56 PMI realise this wasn't directed at me and I wouldn't refer to her as that but the reason I think it's rubbish is the concept itself is a bit 'I'm 14 and this is deep' and the rendering is a bit bad-futuristic that makes it look dated in the present day. It reminds me a little of when Virus Recordings went through a phase of making laughably awful videogame-themed artwork that just looked dark, shit and as if it was made on a prototype model of N64 that was immediately rejected.

I do get from an intention point of view it's Madonna being Madonna though and I kind of respect that, just the end result isn't very good in my opinion.

Yeah that's all fair enough. It's kind of an odd one as it is somewhat trite ass a concept, but at the same time it's got robotic bugs crawling out of her fanny, so I do think that is kind off shocking, yet people here seem blasé about it. 🤷�♂️

Edit: fucking emoji.

Kelvin

The butterfly one reminds me of Xavier: Renegade Angel.

idunnosomename

So these are made by Beeple? While think he's shit and a cunt the rendering on these is way below his par, at least the human figure. Looks like Poser from twenty years ago

Dr Rock

Quote from: Blumf on May 14, 2022, 01:58:06 PMOkay the first two are nature, trees and butterflies, but this one has robot centipedes.

Now I don't know what to put up my bum!

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 14, 2022, 02:02:18 PMYeah that's all fair enough. It's kind of an odd one as it is somewhat trite ass a concept, but at the same time it's got robotic bugs crawling out of her fanny, so I do think that is kind off shocking, yet people here seem blasé about it. 🤷�♂️

Edit: fucking emoji.

It's because we see the world serve up shocking realities on a daily basis. I watched a video of a murdered jounalist's funeral getting attacked by police yesterday. What kind of sheltered people is this needy rolleye oak-boomer stuff going to shock?

Johnny Yesno

bgmnts

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on May 14, 2022, 02:25:43 PMIt's because we see the world serve up shocking realities on a daily basis. I watched a video of a murdered jounalist's funeral getting attacked by police yesterday. What kind of sheltered people is this needy rolleye ok-boomer stuff going to shock?

Well most people are incredibly desensitised to violence but show them a fanny and they'll be all over the place.

Sebastian Cobb

The internet is full of things going in and out of fannies, whether nature intended them to or not.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

So is the tree a metaphor for something? She was talking some words in the video, but I wasn't listening to what she was saying.

Dex Sawash