Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:02:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Sesame Street BANGERS

Started by Pink Gregory, May 21, 2022, 07:46:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Gregory

Lovely Roland drum machine snare hits in there

love me some propulsive jaw harp n spoons

The Mollusk

The lovely "Milk" song which sounds a bit like early Genesis

steveh

Me never have this much fun, oh me a cookie dancing monster fool.

And a Larry Levan remix.

Disco never got better than that.

JaDanketies

jobotic

Time to post the Roosevelt Franklin album. Listen to Mobity Mosely's Months if nothing else.

Perhaps I'm guilty of going "Bangers? Yeah, here's some funky black soul" but he was interesting character

https://melmagazine.com/en-us/story/roosevelt-franklin-sesame-street

Ferris

There was one about wasting water which was an undeniable BANGER. Can't find it now, so you'll have to take my word for it.

dr beat

Can't link right now but as all the PCYs know, the version of Superstition on Sesame St is the definitive one.

prelektric

Utterly brilliant stuff everyone, thank you for cheering me up.

Still, nothing for me will ever beat The Pointer Sisters counting over an animation of a pinball machine. Nothing.

One two three FOUR five six seven eight NINE ten eleven twelve

An indelible memory.

kalowski

Quote from: prelektric on May 21, 2022, 04:15:33 PMUtterly brilliant stuff everyone, thank you for cheering me up.

Still, nothing for me will ever beat The Pointer Sisters counting over an animation of a pinball machine. Nothing.

An indelible memory.
Yeah. What kind of time signature is used in the middle freakout section?
Anyway, two favourites of mine:

prelektric

Quote from: kalowski on May 21, 2022, 04:22:28 PMYeah. What kind of time signature is used in the middle freakout section?

That's the mad thing about it. It dances around through a few time sigs. Oddly, I thought the mid section was fairly stable as far as that is concerned, but that could be just me.

Just the magic of us discussing this is wonderful. Love it.

Sesame Street was always a hugely comforting presence when I was a young'un. They really nailed it in terms of educating, yet entertaining us. Maybe Jim Henson's creations helped with that, but I think those of us of a certain age will have those characters burned onto our minds.

(Bert and Ernie forever)

kalowski

You may be right.
QuoteThe song employs complex rhythms, changing time signatures frequently between 4/4, 3/4 and 5/4 during the opening and closing segments, around a rhythmically straightforward 4/4 middle improvisation section

This is not actually from Sesame Street because it's kinda NSFW.

D&B heads - this is where the helicopter break is from.

studpuppet

Pretty much all of Stevland's appearances in this episode, but particularly this:

Supersition

studpuppet

Quote from: prelektric on May 21, 2022, 04:15:33 PMUtterly brilliant stuff everyone, thank you for cheering me up.

An indelible memory.

Just adding it in for completeness' sake.

prelektric

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 21, 2022, 05:32:55 PMThis is not actually from Sesame Street because it's kinda NSFW.

D&B heads - this is where the helicopter break is from.

Heh, that's great. Sort of blushing now though at the language, good gravy!

prelektric

Quote from: studpuppet on May 21, 2022, 05:44:09 PMJust adding it in for completeness' sake.

Think you were beaten to it earlier in the thread, but hugely appreciated anyway!

letsgobrian

Big fan of all the Bud Luckey/Don Hadley compositions that Luckey would sing and animate, but "That's About The Size" is their masterpiece.

Mr Gruts

Capital I and Lower Case N

prelektric

Quote from: letsgobrian on May 21, 2022, 06:18:03 PMBig fan of all the Bud Luckey/Don Hadley compositions that Luckey would sing and animate, but "That's About The Size" is their masterpiece.

That's just wonderful, thank you.

Brundle-Fly

Egyptian Feast

Love me some Cookie Monster. His greatest hits CD is a proud possession despite the hideous 'Healthy Food'.

My favourite, sadly not included on the hits comp. The despair in his voice as the countdown progresses is heartbreaking.

Cuntbeaks

Venetian Snares knew the score...

boki