Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 12:47:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Knock off Wonka bars seized

Started by Fambo Number Mive, June 15, 2022, 04:01:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

H-O-W-L

Quote from: famethrowa on June 16, 2022, 12:11:28 AM

Can we just all take a moment to applaud this skit? Brilliantly funny.

kngen

Quote from: non capisco on June 15, 2022, 09:53:05 PMApart from Takis the only crisp options in Barcelona seemed to be MASSIVE BAG OF PLAIN or MASSIVE BAG OF PAPRIKA,

This is the case for a lot of mainland Europe unfortunately (wish I could find the video of Lee Dorian recalling the plight of many a vegetarian punk on the road - cutting their mouth to ribbons with bag after bag of paprika kartoffelchips, as that's all there was to eat from service stations).

When I was in Holland, I did get addicted to Nibb Its, a corn snack that had a vaguely polystyrene-esque texture that I found very enjoyable. They seemed to have been subsumed into the Cheetos range now (no room for the happy squirrel mascot that would entice me to gorge myself on 900 calories of carbs of indeterminate origin in the space of five minutes). I wonder if they taste the same - that is, no real taste at all, just salt and texture.

kngen

idunnosomename

Quote from: Midas on June 15, 2022, 08:26:29 PMNestlé used to repeatedly launch (and discontinue) the Wonka brand in the UK as a short-term novelty range. I think it had a bigger prescence in the US. I remember eating this "genuine" Wonka bar about twenty years ago.

It wasn't mind-blowing, but you'd get your money's worth.
i remember these

Thats it, sorry

Replies From View

Quote from: H-O-W-L on June 16, 2022, 11:56:57 AMCan we just all take a moment to applaud this skit? Brilliantly funny.

Throughout my school life I routinely impersonated this character in a number of situations.  Fantastic delivery.

DoesNotFollow

canadagoose

Quote from: Ferris on June 15, 2022, 06:08:29 PMWhat is the appeal of North American candy? It's shit.
High fructose corn syrup. I swear it gets you high, or is at least peculiarly addictive.

privatefriend

I like the wonka bars that have hash in them.

H-O-W-L

Replies From View

beanheadmcginty

When you think about it, naming a character in children's fiction Willy Wonka is a bit fucking mad isn't it?

Glebe

Quote from: DoesNotFollow on June 16, 2022, 04:29:58 PMVigilance, and teamwork.

"I'd better go before my helichocter melts in this heat!"

idunnosomename

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on June 18, 2022, 07:47:58 PMWhen you think about it, naming a character in children's fiction Willy Wonka is a bit fucking mad isn't it?
we're talking early 1960s here, a simpler time, when you can imply the factory is run by enslaved Africans because lol pygmies.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Wonkalate was great. Raspberry flavoured white chocolate with a load of green nerds in it. Became aware of them just as the sodding things were being discontinued.

I didn't realise there were so many of those shops on Oxford St alone. They're bloody everywhere and invariably shite. I notice the Mr Simms name isn't limited to just old fashioned style shops now, they'll just let you slap it on any thrown together glorified pop up shop.

There are 3 of these shops (imported sweets in general not Mr Simms) near me including one in a stupidly busy tourist spot you wonder how they are making the rent if its actually on the level. No way are they selling 8-10 quid boxes of cereal all day long and certainly not to tourists who must look at the shops and think fuck off I can get that at home?!

I get that seeing things like lucky charms and twinkies on telly is going to make us want to give it a go for the novelty but the fact the markets there for importing it at such a level, regardless of the dodgy shops, is quite something.

Dex Sawash

Nerds Rope is peak Wonka (if Nerds Rope is a Wonka product)

Replies From View

Quote from: beanheadmcginty on June 18, 2022, 07:47:58 PMWhen you think about it, naming a character in children's fiction Willy Wonka is a bit fucking mad isn't it?

You'd prefer it to be repressed?

Replies From View

Quote from: Dex Sawash on June 20, 2022, 12:59:00 AMNerds Rope is peak Wonka (if Nerds Rope is a Wonka product)

Dweebs Gape

Glebe

Have Slugworth and Prodnose been investigated over this?

Video Game Fan 2000

used to be a rumour that Wonka hid Pugwash-style innuendo because Dahl was a disgusting old perv who wrote sex books on the side

Snozzberry is supposedly some oral sex term

Midas

Quote from: Video Game Fan 2000 on June 20, 2022, 02:34:25 PMused to be a rumour that Wonka hid Pugwash-style innuendo because Dahl was a disgusting old perv who wrote sex books on the side

Snozzberry is supposedly some oral sex term

Snozzberries originally appeared in an earlier book by Dahl, where they were described as "sweet, juicy, red fruit that grow in orchards". It's likely this is what Wonka is referring to, but it's true that 15 years after the publication of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Dahl reused the word in a story about cum larceny as a euphamism for a cock.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Tony Tony Tony on June 15, 2022, 05:16:47 PMAccept no substitute...

How are you supposed to pronounce that? Choc-O'lonely or Cho-kernel-y?

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on June 30, 2022, 11:49:09 PMHow are you supposed to pronounce that? Choc-O'lonely or Cho-kernel-y?

Cho : Eli

Video Game Fan 2000

Wonka Everlasting Suppositories: a pucker they'll bury you with™

famethrowa

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on June 30, 2022, 11:49:09 PMHow are you supposed to pronounce that? Choc-O'lonely or Cho-kernel-y?

C-ho-Colon-Ely

ProvanFan

Quote from: non capisco on June 15, 2022, 09:53:05 PMApart from Takis the only crisp options in Barcelona seemed to be MASSIVE BAG OF PLAIN or MASSIVE BAG OF PAPRIKA, they need a bit of foreign exoticism in their crisp lives.

Smell my fingers and weep

Quote from: ProvanFan on June 02, 2022, 03:07:56 PMI'm in Barcelona and bought these and I'm happy to report they're muy banging

H-O-W-L

they're all wonka bars when i'm done with 'em