Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 12:22:06 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Psychedelics

Started by dannyfc, June 18, 2022, 08:31:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bgmnts

Quote from: ZoyzaSorris on June 24, 2022, 08:35:21 PMThat's not really what happens with psychedelics. If you have enough that you are totally disconnected with physical reality you aren't really going to be moving around much. For the kind of experience you are talking about you'll need to stuff yourself full of anticholinergic deliriants like Datura or deadly nightshade. (Def don't do this)

Fair enough, the only handful of stories i've been told are from my uncle (saw his two mates beat shit out of another mate on mushrooms) and just news stories and the like.

Zero Gravitas

I think I've got a few squares of LSD in a empty hair gel tin somewhere.

I don't think I've ever had a transformational dose, lots of visuals, sincere belief that I was a breathing sliding energy grid embedded in the now spherical walls, or travelling trough space on a network of luminescent tubes, or seeing a cobweb like complex structure like a dark mandelbulb visibly permeating everything, speech being stuck in loops and only being able to say certain words, not recognizing myself in the mirror and mourning the loss of myself forever.

I've never found them anything other than a way to take up time and do a bit of a bonding experience frankly, I tend to think they're a bit like dreams and what you express during or remember about the experience are meaningless confabulations of off-kilter neurochemistry - the fact that they're experienced in semi-realtime is intuition breaking regarding the reality or portentousness of it, but they're still meaningless - If some people are able to integrate them as meaningful or revelatory good for them.

Now downers that's the thing, sliding into a warm a dark dreamless eternity on the moon, now that's nice.

imitationleather

They do say that finding acid overwhelming and scary is a sign of intelligence.

Zero Gravitas

Sounds like an even larger burden now!

Is Salvia still legal? It's use isn't limited to gardening and it has the benefit of being very quickly overwhelming and a short 5 minute ish duration - Disgusting experience to smoke though hot and leafy with none of the lies we build up around tobacco taste.

Whenever I've taken it or seen others take it we were pretty much glued to the spot so there's not much scope for the classic danger of wandering off and bothering the neighbours.

I think I've always experienced it as some kind of total transformation of reality, not much room for bleed through from the everyday when you're forming unutterable realizations and finally seeing that the nature of ideas themselves is intersecting pyramids of finely crazed quartz and that your head is now a blade of light slicing though these quartz pyramids at speeds beyond what sensation can convey.

You come back with some insane stories though, that's half the fun.

Get your drugs in whilst you're young, too much life seemed to fuck them up for me and I ended up knocking everything on the head as I got older (starting with psychedelics).

Then again, I'm at the stage where even one drink makes me feel 'off' if the set and settting isn't right so that's probably a 'me' thing.

Having said that, I would absolutely do DMT if everything was perfect.

Goldentony

im with this guy, get on the smack ASAP

Stigdu

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on June 25, 2022, 01:44:00 AMI don't think I've ever had a transformational dose, lots of visuals, sincere belief that I was a breathing sliding energy grid embedded in the now spherical walls, or travelling trough space on a network of luminescent tubes, or seeing a cobweb like complex structure like a dark mandelbulb visibly permeating everything, speech being stuck in loops and only being able to say certain words, not recognizing myself in the mirror and mourning the loss of myself forever.

Not even close, but I did have a wall breathing at me when I looked at it from left to right, and also had a conversation with a cat while we were both sitting in an empty bathtub for what felt like an hour.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: JaDanketies on June 24, 2022, 11:15:14 PMWhat I can tell you is every time I've seen someone go mental with psychedelics it's because they've taken a weird dose like 50ugs, not a microdose but not a full dose, and are trapped in a bored middle zone where nothing is immersive but they can't relax normally.

Yes, the nerviest trips I've had were caused by doses that were too weak and I was stuck for hours unable to sleep but unable to concentrate on mundane recreational activities either. Waiting for the rollercoaster that never arrived was a far worse experience than having a dose that was unexpectedly strong.

imitationleather

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on June 25, 2022, 03:08:26 AMIs Salvia still legal?

No, all drugs that had somehow fallen through the cracks were made illegal in 2016. >:(

QDRPHNC

I once smoked a thing of weed that I realized later had been laced with DMT. Changed my life, so thank you irresponsible drug man.

Speak

I think mushrooms would be the best option for the OP. Can use sugar to opt out of a trip if things get too much. I was once in the grips of a terrifying trip, until a mug half full of sugar mixed with water almost immediately knocked it all on the head.

Don't think i've ever felt better. Still had slight visuals and went for a walk in the fields with my then girlfriend and her dog. I think i actually skipped at points.

imitationleather

Quote from: Speak on June 25, 2022, 04:54:42 PMI think mushrooms would be the best option for the OP. Can use sugar to opt out of a trip if things get too much. I was once in the grips of a terrifying trip, until a mug half full of sugar mixed with water almost immediately knocked it all on the head.

What the hell?!

Bence Fekete

Multi-Earth theory, genetically incentivised corporeal intelligences, memetic parasite hierarchy, the mentalist insidiousness of sub-awareness microbiome resource extraction and how it dictates your every.. waking.. thought. The 'point' of evil evolution, what a death sequence feel like, the future of art, the silly pointy recursive arrow of time, effortless/frantic ally/fiend allocation, multiple concealed injuries, sanitised past trauma; all the little secret atavistic deals and generational bargains being made by micro trolls scuttering about the hidden pipes of physicalism.

I don't think it's true you get no things. But whether you ever square it all with the inevitable resumption of squarery is another megraine altogether.

Crenners

Sounds trippy,🤪🤪🤪

Buelligan

Quote from: Speak on June 25, 2022, 04:54:42 PMI think mushrooms would be the best option for the OP. Can use sugar to opt out of a trip if things get too much. I was once in the grips of a terrifying trip, until a mug half full of sugar mixed with water almost immediately knocked it all on the head.

I told someone who was having a bit of a difficult time that this would help him immediately, it did.  But I thought I'd made it up.  What a marvelous strange world we live in.

Martin Van Buren Stan

Quote from: imitationleather on June 25, 2022, 04:55:19 PMWhat the hell?!

Don't believe him. He works for Tate and Lyle

Bence Fekete

Whatever you do, never give them milk

Bence Fekete

RE: DMT breakthrough. I've thought about it and there is one more piece of advice I wish I'd have known much earlier:

You need a lot. Probably more than you think. I never got 'there' until I'd committed to not stopping at all until I physically had to. Recklessness is rewarded. It comes on so fast it's ok to keep going until a) you run out of material or b) you're incapable of administering another dose. But not because things are totally weird, which'll happen after two good lungfuls. Getting past that bit is the hardest part. When you get enough* the trip takes care of itself.

*you're trying to get to a place where your entire vision is subsumed with dmt. It should feel like your brain is painted with it on the inside rather than some kind of exterior ocular distortion. if someone says 'you have to close your eyes to go deep bruh' that's a clear sign of bullshittery

Try to only stop when you're 'there'. You'll know. It's like a place. Say hi

Crenners

Goldentony

do as many drugs as humanly possible in as short a space of time as you can

JaDanketies

I believe I had what is being described as a breakthrough dose after using significantly more than 50mg on a Volcano vaporiser and I still don't believe machine elves made the universe. In fact I don't even remember a whole bunch of it tbh. But I didn't have to close my eyes to see boisterous machine elves with distinct personalities holding spacetime together. Would happily do it much more often, even not breaking through felt very nice 

Mr_Simnock

middle class sixth form thread

Buelligan

Frightening, isn't it?  How young people carry on. 

And it's not just sixth formers, even police  (who seem much younger these days) are on the big drugs now.

bgmnts

Quote from: Mr_Simnock on June 26, 2022, 11:14:26 AMmiddle class sixth form thread

Presumably most drugs are a middle class issue considering it's harder to get drugs when you're below the poverty line.

What is a working class drug? Weed maybe?

Buelligan

Grow your own, down the old allotment.  Nice.

The Mollusk

kittens

Quote from: bgmnts on June 26, 2022, 11:31:26 AMWhat is a working class drug? Weed maybe?

booze dumbass

Bence Fekete

Consider it my middle class duty to sacrifice maturation frying the even bigger twat I would've become psych free