Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 02:19:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Glastonbury 2022

Started by Beagle 2, June 24, 2022, 02:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beagle 2

St. Vincent is incredibly boring. All trousers no mouth.

Yeah, I've not been keen on the last three St V albums to be honest. I'll watch the first bit I missed, but I can't see me being arsed to leave the house for it.

Vitamin C

William Reid has gradually transformed into Buzz Osborne over the years.

sardines

Saw Jesus and Mary Chain on Wednesday doing 'Darklands' so interesting watching this.
My conclusion, Jim telling the sound guy to turn the fucking guitar down is at this point a verbal tic rather than a real demand.

Piles the Beaver

Quote from: Vitamin C on June 24, 2022, 09:37:09 PMWilliam Reid has gradually transformed into Buzz Osborne over the years.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Quote from: Beagle 2 on June 24, 2022, 09:29:15 PMSt. Vincent is incredibly boring. All trousers no mouth.

She did this thing though where the lyric was something like "Get off my tit" and she grabbed her tit when she sung it.

I liked that.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

What's with the gaffer tape on the legs thing with this Eilish woman?

Ja'moke

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 24, 2022, 10:24:15 PMWhat's with the gaffer tape on the legs thing with this Eilish woman?

Looks like the athletic tape that wrestlers and sports people wear sometimes for nagging injuries. Maybe because she jumps around a lot on stage?

I like the staging for this. Simple but effective.

Little Simz is on the West Holts stage.

Pete23

Quite enjoying Billie Eilish but why do all her songs stop just when they're getting going? Is this that generation gap thing I've heard so much about?

sardines

Well I was happy to check in for this and I'm happy to blame the BBC sound but remove the backing track and there is barely a parp coming from ms eilish .
Little Simz is fuckin killing it

Purple Toupee

Quote from: Pete23 on June 24, 2022, 10:36:55 PMQuite enjoying Billie Eilish but why do all her songs stop just when they're getting going? Is this that generation gap thing I've heard so much about?

She's cut a couple short so far, must be trying to cram more in.

imitationleather

Going from the crowd for Billie Eilish versus everything else I've watched today, the teenagers there have been saving themselves for this and all the middle aged people have knackered themselves out.

imitationleather

Turned over to Little Simz. Definitely more my cup of tea.

Ja'moke

Simz is such a great live performer. Saw her in Manchester last year. She sounds like she does on the records, and doesn't have the common rap thing of a hype man filling in every other word.

checkoutgirl

Do American singers still call it Glass-Tawn-Berry?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

imitationleather

ngl, if I was there right now I'd just be pure low key vibin on my ones to Four Tet.

Magnum Valentino

Fuck I missed Simz. Will this be available to watch afterwards, do they do that with these sets?

imitationleather

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on June 24, 2022, 11:28:56 PMFuck I missed Simz. Will this be available to watch afterwards, do they do that with these sets?

You can rewind the live stream on iPlayer and watch it right now.

Quote from: Magnum Valentino on June 24, 2022, 11:28:56 PMFuck I missed Simz. Will this be available to watch afterwards, do they do that with these sets?

Yep. Available on the iPlayer for 30 days.

Simz is sounding amazing.

Magnum Valentino

I only listened to her latest album a few weeks ago but there wasn't a moment wasted in over an hour, she's something else.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Eilish is fucking guff.

the science eel

Quote from: Beagle 2 on June 24, 2022, 09:29:15 PMSt. Vincent is incredibly boring. All trousers no mouth.

She's got nothing. Flits about from one thing to another, trying to emulate Bowie, but no tunes. Fraudulent

the science eel

Quote from: Pete23 on June 24, 2022, 10:36:55 PMQuite enjoying Billie Eilish but why do all her songs stop just when they're getting going? Is this that generation gap thing I've heard so much about?

Ah she's fucking A. Jumping about like that for thousands, just a kid. Really strong songs, you know?

Waiting for Simz to do 'Woman'. That one floors me

the science eel

still going on BBC THREE

As soon as that simz set finished I immediately rewound and listened to some of the songs back, just unbelievable isn't she

the science eel

She's great. And the loveliest smile

Quote from: the science eel on June 24, 2022, 11:46:35 PMShe's got nothing. Flits about from one thing to another, trying to emulate Bowie, but no tunes. Fraudulent

I think that's a little harsh. The first three albums, and Actor and Strange Mercy in particular are excellent start to finish.

I've actively disliked everything she's put out since, and the chameleon thing is part of that.

PaulTMA

Also prefer her earlier, superior and less annoying era

Rich Uncle Skeleton

wasn't too fussed about missing it until someone started sending videos of random stuff to a group whatsapp. fucking bastard.