Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 03:37:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Why did Bullseye introduce its contestants from their TV region?

Started by Magnum Valentino, June 25, 2022, 11:45:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnum Valentino

Dartists will come out and Jim'll say 'from Granada, it's Grant and Herman' etc

What's the craic with that? Did it have something to do with the application process?

itsfredtitmus

most of the time I think they were just reading off the sex offenders reg to be honest

Jim Bowen was great. Didn't care at all about looking naff, just being nice and gentle and subdued and perhaps a little patronising, but it was all to make normal people feel calm and comfortable in front of an audience in a big studio on the telly like that.

I think that's the mistake they always make when they try to bring it back.
They forget how integral he was to the show.

I noticed in the listings it was on recently with Alan Carr :S
I can just imagine it, nervous energy, the audience whipped up to a frenzy beforehand, screaming, bright lights flashing everywhere.
No, no, no.

Dr Rock

It was so Jim didn't have to learn how to pronounce weird town names. The producers tried to make him, but he started waving a flick knife about.

Jittlebags

You think that's weird. Remember Mr and Mrs, and the weird competing versions made by different regions before ending up with a network version hosted alternatively every other week by Alan Taylor (HTV) and Derek Batey (Border)

mjwilson

This is just how people used to introduce themselves before everything just got merged into ITV.

Keebleman

Quote from: Jittlebags on June 26, 2022, 12:51:55 AMYou think that's weird. Remember Mr and Mrs, and the weird competing versions made by different regions before ending up with a network version hosted alternatively every other week by Alan Taylor (HTV) and Derek Batey (Border)

There was also a Welsh language version called Sion a Sian.

Jittlebags

Oo yes, presented by Dai Jones Llanilar, and before him Ifor Bowen Griffith from my home town.

Replies From View

poodlefaker

He used to drink steadily through the recordings. Cans of Tetley Mild under his little table thing. By the end of the night he'd be getting maudlin and truly inconsolable if they didn't win the star prize.

Armed Traffic Warden

"We'll that's life isn't it? One minute you're in with a chance of winning a microwave oven and the next?
  Nothing! A black empty void. An endless stream of pain and depression; your soul wilting with every turn of the wheels until eventually, if you haven't strayed too far, one final, cruel trick as you see yourself as you truly are in the rear view mirror, sweaty, tired... alone...
...and then you arrive home in Doncaster.
Well that's been Bullseye; Goodnight."

When you look back on your life, at all the things you coulda won.
What are you left with? Bus fair home.
They can't take that away from you, son.

Glebe

Dr Rock

If you were from the TVS region your BFH was worth more the some of the prizes