Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 17, 2024, 12:25:29 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Crazy Delicious (C4)

Started by Des Wigwam, June 26, 2022, 02:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Des Wigwam

Because I watched my biennial handful of Come Dine With Me episodes The Algorithm decided I would only now be interested in cookery programmes.

This is alright though. It's Masterchef: The Normals in the shape of Bake Off: The Professionals (but without spun sugar towers guaranteed to topple over). Added USP is that it's set in an enchanted edible forest that the contestants gather their ingredients from but it's just a set-dressed larder. Nice set though and doesn't really detract. The judges are supposedly gods who the contestants have to please. So that's Carla Hall, Heston Blumenthal, and Niklas Ekstedt dressed in white. Again it doesn't detract and they're all nice, encouraging, and enthusiastic. Jade Adams presents.

Only seen two episodes but I'll dip into the remaining 4 over the next week. It's nice to have something that isn't heats and back stories and tension. It's episodic and the winner gets a golden apple and a hug. Not sure if they return in episode 6 to compete for the apple di tutti apples - although 3 per show doesn't stack up for that to work even with my mental arithmetic. The contestants are also all pretty accomplished but have different skill sets and interests and there isn't a running technique like sous vide or confit whatever all the time.

Relaxed and looks nice if you're into cookery programmes. Would recommend.

bgmnts

Thank fuck about the technique thing. Masterchef Professionals is the absolute worst for this.

Sounds a bit chummy though, I want to see contestants torn a new arsehole and left wondering if they should ever cook again.

Des Wigwam

I know what you mean but the people are all pretty nice and just like cooking. I might change my mind in a couple of episodes though.