Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 11:50:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Does anyone actually work 9 to 5?

Started by notjosh, June 27, 2022, 08:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TommyTurnips

I'm a HGV driver so I've started and finished work at every hour of the day over the years now that I think back. Currently I start at 2:30pm and finish whenever the job is done. Eight hours would be considered a short day but the overtime rates are good so I try and get about 10-12 hours in, sometimes more. 15 hours is the limit.

Stigdu

9am-5:30pm, regular Mon-Fri office job.

Kankurette

I'm a freelance translator, so no. My hours vary depending on my jobs. I've been working very late recently as I'm doing a job related to something I love and got so wrapped up in it that I lost time.

Stigdu

Quote from: Kankurette on June 30, 2022, 02:36:56 PMI'm a freelance translator, so no. My hours vary depending on my jobs. I've been working very late recently as I'm doing a job related to something I love and got so wrapped up in it that I lost time.

What languages do you translate from/to?

Tony Tony Tony

I don't work 9 to 5 but...
My baby takes the morning train
She works from nine to five and then
She takes another home again
To find me waitin' for her.

Pranet

8-4.20. Includes some week ends.

Anxiety normally wakes me up hours before I need to be so I would quite like sometimes the ability to come in early and leave early. But I can't really because I need to be available for other people.

But I only work 4 days a week, which although it leaves me poor is great. I dread having to get a full time job.

In my younger days I worked anti social hours- lots of nights, weekends and holidays. Still do some weekends and holidays but not so much. I really regret that time now. So many times I should have out having fun or at least maintaining friendships I was at work. I do think it fucked my life up a bit. Also regret time not spent with people now gone.