Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:19:05 PM

Login with username, password and session length

YOU DON'T GET TO SAY THAT

Started by madhair60, June 28, 2022, 01:57:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

i was watching "the boys" and someone said in it YOU DON'T GET TO SAY THAT!!

and I wondered if any living human being on earth had ever actually said YOU DON'T GET TO SAY THAT!! to anyone else

that's all really. bye

Dr Rock

madhair, is your avatar seeing anyone?

madhair60

Dr Rock

madhair60

Dr Rock

Brundle-Fly

To be filed alongside other haughty phrases: IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU and READ THE ROOM.

madhair60

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 28, 2022, 02:39:46 PMCan I have her number anyway?

No. No! You don't get to say that!

shoulders

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on June 28, 2022, 02:40:01 PMTo be filed alongside other haughty phrases: IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU and READ THE ROOM.

Ahem: Shut UP! Fuck OFF!

madhair60

Zero Gravitas

Glad you're enjoying your superhero fantasy entertainment FOR ADULTS madhair!

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Brundle-Fly on June 28, 2022, 02:40:01 PMREAD THE ROOM.
Easier, now that all the libraries have had their funding slashed.

madhair60

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on June 28, 2022, 04:28:45 PMGlad you're enjoying your superhero fantasy entertainment FOR ADULTS madhair!

you don't get to say that.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Dr Trouser

I've said that to my son, who when overhearing me tell someone 'you're an absolute bellend' repeated it later on to his mum.

wrec

I said this in an angry letter to the theatre critic who panned my subtly allegorical off-Broadway play, "To Say That".

Kelvin

When I was a teenager, I once shouted at my parents "YOU DON'T KNOW ME!" and realised instantly that I had branded myself the eternal twat. 

Buelligan

Heheh.  Once hissed You don't know who I am... death-glaring all while.  My mum was frightened,

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Kelvin on June 28, 2022, 06:51:59 PMWhen I was a teenager, I once shouted at my parents "YOU DON'T KNOW ME!" and realised instantly that I had branded myself the eternal twat. 

All you wanted was a Pepsi.

Just one Pepsi.

Honestly.

Jockice

A few weeks ago, for the first and only time in my life, I had the chance to say: "I'm not a professional," just like the IT guy from The Office.

Doubt if it'll ever happen again but it was a glorious moment.

Video Game Fan 2000

YOU DONT GET TO SAY THAT was a killshot on social justice blogs in 2008

instant scanners.gif for the unprepared, victor celebrating by telling everyone they're exhausted

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Was walking down the street one day when I heard an overwrought teenager tell her parent, over the phone, "YOU'RE DESTROYING MY LIFE!"

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Jockice on June 28, 2022, 09:16:36 PMA few weeks ago, for the first and only time in my life, I had the chance to say: "I'm not a professional," just like the IT guy from The Office.

As a professional computer wanker I've been working on replacing 'allow/deny' -list instead of saying 'black/white' - list, I don't feel strongly about it and am not sure if the etymology is even a throughline but also why not?

I don't think I ever used 'master/slave' to describe software/electronic stuff as 'primary/secondary' was quite common parlance in consumer stuff (like bios screens) before I got involved.

Version control systems use 'master' to refer to the origin and github famously changed that to 'main'. I always assumed it was more of an 'origin' like a master recording - I never considered fork/working branches 'slaves' but the more I think about it, the more it seems like they implicitly are, so fair enough, no need to fight it.

Jockice

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 28, 2022, 10:03:55 PMAs a professional computer wanker I've been working on replacing 'allow/deny' -list instead of saying 'black/white' - list, I don't feel strongly about it and am not sure if the etymology is even a throughline but also why not?

I don't think I ever used 'master/slave' to describe software/electronic stuff as 'primary/secondary' was quite common parlance in consumer stuff (like bios screens) before I got involved.

This wasn't a IT thing. I have basic knowledge of how to operate a computer but I'm no expert. But it was something I've never done before (on an amateur level) but apparently did so well that others thought I was experienced in it. But part of the reason is that I ended up working with people on the exact same wavelength as me and we all ended up making each other look good. Fantastic bit of teamwork. Dunno if it'll happen again but I will be working with the same people again at some point in the future. So we shall see.

Sebastian Cobb

I know, was leaving a bread-trail/weaving from your mention of something to something that jump-started a line of thinking resulting in something else I had to say

Jockice

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 28, 2022, 10:21:23 PMI know, was leaving a bread-trail/weaving from your mention of something to something that jump-started a line of thinking resulting in something else I had to say

Yip. It's fine by me though. I learned a couple of things from your post so it's all good.

chip

Th... Thh... Tha-Thh... Th-DRINK