Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 03:12:56 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Maxwell Conviction

Started by bgmnts, June 28, 2022, 09:33:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EOLAN

To me, her statement reads like a plea to the courts to close any further investigations. To let the blame rest on her and the deceased Epstein, so that everyone else can get off scot free.

steve98

Quote from: EOLAN on June 30, 2022, 12:27:25 PMTo me, her statement reads like a plea to the courts to close any further investigations. To let the blame rest on her and the deceased Epstein, so that everyone else can get off scot free.

But why? Why does she care about the fate of some revolting old pervs? I mean, if she'd blabbed maybe she could be out in a few years and not have to die inside a yankee hell-hole prison.
If I was her, I'd have spent the last 2 years of incarcaration fabricating a story implicating Trump and naming him as an Epstein client; make it absolutely (as far as possible) air-tight, and see what kind of deal I can make with the DoJ
(Of course he may well have been one of Eppy's clients)

Ferris

Quote from: steve98 on June 30, 2022, 11:35:32 PMBut why? Why does she care about the fate of some revolting old pervs? I mean, if she'd blabbed maybe she could be out in a few years and not have to die inside a yankee hell-hole prison.
If I was her, I'd have spent the last 2 years of incarcaration fabricating a story implicating Trump and naming him as an Epstein client; make it absolutely (as far as possible) air-tight, and see what kind of deal I can make with the DoJ
(Of course he may well have been one of Eppy's clients)

Quote from: Ferris on June 30, 2022, 12:04:52 AMIf Maxwell started naming names, she'd "commit suicide" pretty quick.

steve98

They wouldn't bump her off - too risky (I don't believe Epstein was done-in). She could (After spillin' the beans) just move back to good old England and keep her head down.

Dr Rock

She's got 8 siblings, maybe they meet an unfortunate painful death if she blabs?

Zero Gravitas

I don't think any of them could survive falling off a yacht.

Ferris

Epstein and Jean-Luc Brunel both decided to hang themselves despite pleading not guilty and while mounting significant legal defences. I could see epstein getting away with it on the basis of double jeopardy, and I'm just some twat on the internet - imagine what a scummy lawyer could do.

It seems extremely unlikely to me that they managed to both commit suicide via long-drop hanging in a cell with some toilet paper and ooh also 8 security cameras (well, 2x4) all simultaneously broke down so we'll never know so let's not have an inquiry.

Even legacy media is reluctant to say "suicide", instead saying they were "found dead". https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/F73B/production/_123319236_jean-luc.jpg

None of this proves anything, of course, but the bizarre claim after her arrest via her brother that she was "not cooperating with authorities and also not suicidal" reeked of "dear powerful shadowy figures - she ain't talking so don't bump her off because we'll know" because what other possible reason could you have for making such a strange public statement on such a disparate pair of topics?

It's been fishy from the start, and I reckon she'll still "commit suicide" but if she started naming names she'd get epstein'd before she left the jail wagon.

One man's opinion of course, other opinions are available.

Ferris

Quote from: steve98 on July 01, 2022, 01:29:03 AMThey wouldn't bump her off - too risky (I don't believe Epstein was done-in). She could (After spillin' the beans) just move back to good old England and keep her head down.

And not to hammer the point home, but "risky" for who? I don't think anybody really thinks epstein was a genuine suicide and it's fucking dodgy at best, but who has that put at risk? A couple of low level prison guards got sacked and the world kept turning.

I don't think she'll last long anyway because she knows too much and she may one day fancy a sentence reduction (and I'd bet the mortgage on all the cameras conveniently not working when the time comes), but if she publicly announced she was cooperating with authorities I think she'd already be in the ground.

In happier times.

Blumf

Probably a good old fashioned shanking.

Dex Sawash

Sounds like one of those legal terms. "Gonna get out soon, was a maxwell conviction"