Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 08:40:51 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Nazi charity investigated

Started by touchingcloth, June 30, 2022, 09:57:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Quote from: Stigdu on June 30, 2022, 03:35:52 PMI genuinely have no idea what a lot of you are talking about, like it's some weird clique full of in-jokes and 'nudge, nudge' situations. All I know is that he was a war hero and he raised about £30 million for the NHS thanks to going around his garden a lot.

He tried to murder the Prince of Philip!
Thank god he pulled through.

Dr Rock

Quote from: Stigdu on June 30, 2022, 03:35:52 PMAll I know is that he was a war hero and he raised about £30 million for the NHS thanks to going around his garden a lot.

Yes the BBC tended to avoid mentioning his time as a Soldier Of Fortune. I wonder why.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 30, 2022, 03:44:21 PMYes the BBC tended to avoid mentioning his time as a Soldier Of Fortune. I wonder why.

or his career as a photographer

Stigdu

Quote from: Dr Rock on June 30, 2022, 03:44:21 PMYes the BBC tended to avoid mentioning his time as a Soldier Of Fortune. I wonder why.

Do you have a link to something I can read about this particular issue, Dr Rock, as I'm genuinely curious. Thank you.

I knew about the Iron Cross he'd received but had no idea he'd walked around his garden for charity.

sevendaughters

I knew that he'd tried to replace Bella Emburg but I knew nothing about his garden running or his tawdry Nazi past

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Quote on June 30, 2022, 03:49:54 PMI knew about the Iron Cross he'd received but had no idea he'd walked around his garden for charity.

I knew of both, and I know why he got the iron cross...not so sure on the why of the garden cycles.

Indomitable Spirit

Quote from: sevendaughters on June 30, 2022, 04:03:21 PM

Looking at that pic you wouldn't think he's nearly 100 years old would you? Good old Cliff.

Old Thrashbarg

I also didn't realise that Russ Abbot was a stegosaurus.

Cold Meat Platter

Hard to believe he was even in the armed forces seeing him slouch like that.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: Old Thrashbarg on June 30, 2022, 04:20:09 PMI also didn't realise that Russ Abbot was a stegosaurus.

thats a rare artistic photograph they were looking at together seconds before the photo was taken, Russ hid it quickly behind his back

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Cold Meat Platter on June 30, 2022, 04:26:10 PMHard to believe he was even in the armed forces seeing him slouch like that.

He was used to a much more restrictive and supportive style of uniform, once you demob it's like releasing a warm jelly from the mould.

Spoiler alert
[close]

shoulders

Quote from: Stigdu on June 30, 2022, 03:35:52 PMI genuinely have no idea what a lot of you are talking about, like it's some weird clique full of in-jokes and 'nudge, nudge' situations. All I know is that he was a war hero and he raised about £30 million for the NHS thanks to going around his garden a lot.

This whole playing dumb act invites suspicion and the only reason no-one's calling you out as an ex-poster (at least that I've seen) is it isn't really apparent why anyone would deliberately be this gormless and boring.

MojoJojo

Fucking hell - not everyone is an ex-poster or understands the dislike the board has for the press celebrating anything that's a bit imperial Britain. And Stigdu's less boring than all these Tom Moore "jokes".

Zero Gravitas

To be clear, I've got absolutely no problem with pith helmets.

touchingcloth

He was a war hero. Like Rommel.

Stigdu

Quote from: MojoJojo on June 30, 2022, 04:46:29 PMFucking hell - not everyone is an ex-poster or understands the dislike the board has for the press celebrating anything that's a bit imperial Britain. And Stigdu's less boring than all these Tom Moore "jokes".

Thank you. I've sent him a private message so as not to 'clog up' this thread with arguments, but fucking hell there are some right judgmental arseholes on this forum, aren't there? Sorry I'm not an intellectual who 'gets' the humour on here all the time.

bgmnts

You really don't need to be an intellectual to get the humour on here.

Stigdu

Quote from: bgmnts on June 30, 2022, 04:54:27 PMYou really don't need to be an intellectual to get the humour on here.

Maybe, but I've not been on here long enough to sometimes realise when a joke is being stretched out. I mean, obviously, he didn't try to replace Bella Emberg, I'm not a total cunt, but when talks to ME like I'm a total cunt, then that really fucking jars me. Hence me sending him a private message.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Stigdu on June 30, 2022, 04:53:03 PMThank you. I've sent him a private message so as not to 'clog up' this thread with arguments, but fucking hell there are some right judgmental arseholes on this forum, aren't there? Sorry I'm not an intellectual who 'gets' the humour on here all the time.

The GB forum isn't the subforum here which is aimed at humour, and it's more of a place for discussing serious issues like Nazi war criminals, Maddie, and the problems with grass verges. The intellectual humour is in the PC Gone Mad subforum.

Rich Uncle Skeleton

We must reassemble Captain Tom from the ashes and put him to death again on trial!

lauraxsynthesis

I don't know if the Charles Ingram connection is true but Obergruppenführer Moore was on Blankety Blank
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4PFNtE5EpA

Kankurette

I'm surprised Hannah hasn't learned necromancy just so she can rez the old boy and make him do another 100 laps.

Pink Gregory

In what context was he a war hero?  Didn't he just survive the war?

Whither his medals?

imitationleather

Quote from: Pink Gregory on June 30, 2022, 06:13:31 PMIn what context was he a war hero?  Didn't he just survive the war?

Did better than his hero Hitler.

Zero Gravitas

If he'd made the same kills Hitler did he would be a hero, I hate Alsatians.

H-O-W-L

The Nazi jokes took even me aback because the running joke in the actual Tom Moore thread was that he was a pest, was it not? Was that too tasteless compared to pretending he was Mengele?

madhair60

Quote from: Kankurette on June 30, 2022, 06:07:41 PMI'm surprised Hannah hasn't learned necromancy just so she can rez the old boy and make him do another 100 laps.

She did. When he came back, there was...

Well, there was something wrong with him, let's leave it at that.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: madhair60 on June 30, 2022, 06:37:48 PMShe did. When he came back, there was...

Well, there was something wrong with him, let's leave it at that.

Monkey's Paw moment where she's scrambling for the locks while her husband casts the third and final wish to make whatever is at the door go away.