Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:00:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

''Verbwhores'' that you have met

Started by Shoulders?-Stomach!, February 28, 2020, 06:36:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dex Sawash

I flew over Illinois when nowhere man was there. Don't know if he was outdoors at tbe time.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Baxter on February 28, 2020, 10:16:01 PM
Outside of the confines of a meet? I saw Marv Orange on the street once, mutual slight confusion about what to greet each other as as non 'whores were present.

I met him at a comedy gig last year as he recognised me and came over and said hello, and afterwards we chatted for a good while and it was really nice to catch up with him.

weekender

I've met Marv Orange too, lovely bloke.

Let's make this thread all about him, he'd like that.

Like a number of you, I'm off to the Roundhouse to see Sparks on October 21st, so there'll be plenty of opportunities for me to be very impressed with how handsome, polite, and obviously successful you all are from a discreet distance.

purlieu

Many, many of you. Many of whom I don't remember the username of. You're all lovely, mind.

shoulders is the only one I've been on holiday with.

weekender

Quote from: purlieu on February 28, 2020, 11:52:37 PMshoulders is the only one I've been on holiday with.

Not that there's anything wrong with it.

madhair60

i've met pancreas and janie jones and i met shoulder and i met spoon of ploff and shiftwork and nagsworth, i met all the best cab members. everyone was nice to me, not like real life.

Rolf Lundgren

Not knowingly met anyone but feel like the odds are that I must have done. There's been a couple of people I've known that I suspected are on here, or if they weren't then they would fit right in but didn't broach the subject. There must roughly be a CaB member within a five mile radius at any one time.

purlieu

Quote from: weekender on February 28, 2020, 11:58:23 PM
Not that there's anything wrong with it.
You only say that because you've not been on holiday with him.

MojoJojo

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on February 28, 2020, 08:11:19 PM
fuck me, my list is long, so very very long, and I'm only up to about 15 years ago, so it's full of people who are no longer here.

I've only been to two meets. The first one in bristol must have been at least 15 years ago, and I think the only people I met then who are still here are you, imitationleather and (it turns out) Ronnie the Raincoat (sorry can't remember their current name... and I think they had a different name at the time of the meet which I've also forgotten).

Twit 2

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: MojoJojo on February 29, 2020, 12:13:02 AMI've only been to two meets. The first one in bristol must have been at least 15 years ago, and I think the only people I met then who are still here are you, imitationleather and (it turns out) Ronnie the Raincoat (sorry can't remember their current name... and I think they had a different name at the time of the meet which I've also forgotten).

Yeah, I met you at one of the Bristol ones in 03 or 04.

I could be wrong but I don't think Ronnie has ever been to a Bristol meet.  I can think of TraceyQ, natnats, [Mistress] Abbie (maybe), Captain Crunch, tortoiselady, MissInformed, and various +1s, but not Ronnie, or Banana Woofwoof as she was then known.

What was your other one, a London do?  Anchor?

Jockice

Quote from: Jockice on February 28, 2020, 06:59:40 PM
Never knowingly met any. Have spoken to one -Dr Rock -on the phone. Intended going to Serge's funeral except that an old friend's mother died within days of him and the funeral happened to be at the same time on the same day but in the city I live in. So I went for the easiest option. No disrespect to Serge of course. We never actually met but I felt like I knew him. And we did once attend concerts within a few hundred metres of each other on the same night in Nottingham. He got the good one.

I'm also Facebook friends with (I think) four members other than the two I've already mentioned.

That's a lie. There's one who I've met literally dozens if not hundreds of times. Because he's related to me. He found this site a long time before me (about a decade earlier, as he was first registered in 2004) and although he rarely posts (last time was 2017) he has looked at the site this year. I'm not even sure if he knows my identity on here although I'm sure CaB has come up in conversation in the past.

Due to a family fall-out (nothing whatsoever to do with me. I'm totally neutral in this one) and living in different parts of the country I haven't seen him in person for a couple of years but we're still on good terms.

Oh yeah, and there is someone who works at the same place as I used to. Not sure if I've met this person as it's now approaching a decade since I left and there has been a large staff turnover since then (and no it's not the Tavistock clinic) but you know, I might have done even if they didn't work there when I did. I was in the office around a year and a half ago and went to my old department's Christmas do a couple of months ago.

There's a special prize for anyone who can identify these two posters. **** ********* need not apply. Soz mate, family members are disqualified.

Janie Jones

Quote from: Ambient Sheep on February 29, 2020, 12:26:34 AM

I could be wrong but I don't think Ronnie has ever been to a Bristol meet.  I can think of TraceyQ, natnats, [Mistress] Abbie (maybe), Captain Crunch, tortoiselady, MissInformed, and various +1s, but not Ronnie, or Banana Woofwoof as she was then known.

I think you're right Ambi. It was before my time but I've heard that Kishi the bad lampshade attended a Bristol meet around that time, maybe that's who he means.

Who remembers a very drunk Leinad (Irish lad named Daniel who was trying to finish his film The Dogs (2015)) who came to a busy London meet? He kept holding my hand and saying, 'Sure, she's a bit old but I'll fuck any hole,' the little charmer. I won't say 'And you wonder why not many...' etc because other CaB attendees dealt with him. Or White Knighted, depending on your point of view, for which I was grateful.

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: Janie Jones on February 29, 2020, 09:04:26 AM
I think you're right Ambi. It was before my time but I've heard that Kishi the bad lampshade attended a Bristol meet around that time, maybe that's who he means.

Who remembers a very drunk Leinad (Irish lad named Daniel who was trying to finish his film The Dogs (2015)) who came to a busy London meet? He kept holding my hand and saying, 'Sure, she's a bit old but I'll fuck any hole,' the little charmer. I won't say 'And you wonder why not many...' etc because other CaB attendees dealt with him. Or White Knighted, depending on your point of view, for which I was grateful.

Yeah, I remember him, and how ridiculously drunk he was. And can now add him to the list of randy Cabbers who didn't try to fuck me. :(

I remember attending the Yarmouth meet post Waxworks René when posting under my previous name. I remember Barfe and there were a few others. I remember feeling nervous and quite shy.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Speaking of Irish lads, there was a really nice guy who came to the 20th who I forget the CaB username of despite knowing that it will be someone absolutely massive on here. Egyptian Feast?

Ferris

Quote from: BlodwynPig on February 28, 2020, 07:25:21 PM
The Good Lads
Retinend
Thomas
Gout_Pony
Thick and Creamy
QDRPHNC
Zetetic
ImitationLeather
HummingofEvil
iamcoop
NeverAgain
Butcher's Blind

The Good Girl
CanadaGoose

The Bad Lads
Paul Calf
FerrisWheelBueller

The Bald Lad
Shoulder?-Stomach!

David Bamber
Pancreas

Delighted to make the "Bad Lads" list.

Quote from: QDRPHNC on February 28, 2020, 06:53:42 PM
BlodwynPig
FerrisWheelBueller

End of list. Come on lads, get over to Canada, help get my numbers up.

Yeah.

Similar to DexSawash, I've flown over New Hampshire a few times and waved at Twed but not sure he saw me.

Puce Moment

I met a bunch of you at a London CaB meet a few years ago. I arrived late, sober and full of flu and everyone was pretty shitfaced. I mainly talked to SMBH, NoSleep, Petey and Doomy because they seemed the most sober (apart from Serge of course). It was very nice.

I also met and had a quick chat with BritishHobo in North Wales but I didn't tell him I knew who I was. Is that creepy? I was just being private. In fact, has anyone met a cabber and kept it to themselves?

Thursday

So that's why I got a terrible flu after a meet that time.

Ambient Sheep

Quote from: Janie Jones on February 29, 2020, 09:04:26 AM

Don't remember her ever attending Bristol either (and I think I did all of them).  First and only time I met Kishi was at the Penderel's Oak, at the 10th Anniversary one I think.

Sorry to hear about your hole experience with Leinad.

Neville Chamberlain

I've been on holiday with Shoulders.

He didn't know it, though.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: FerriswheelBueller on February 29, 2020, 02:40:33 PM
Delighted to make the "Bad Lads" list.

Yeah.

Similar to DexSawash, I've flown over New Hampshire a few times and waved at Twed but not sure he saw me.

Michael Jackson "bad"

another Mr. Lizard

To my knowledge, and among current posters, if my memory is plugged in, I've only met Ambient Sheep (at those Bristol meets) and Catalogue Trousers.

Obviously met many of the old guard in Bristol way back when - king mob, Tracey Q etc.

Despite having lived in/around Derby my entire life, to my shame I never met local hero Serge. I was listed to attend the Derby meet not long before he left us, and at the last minute couldn't make it...

Ferris

king_tubby

I went to a Leeds meet in 2005 and I don't think any of the other people who went are on here anymore. Nor can I remember their usernames.

pigamus

I think there was a Birmingham meet once

Didn't go

Hope you've enjoyed my contribution, cheers