Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:31:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Daniel Kitson 2024

Started by Tiggles, January 17, 2024, 11:54:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

McFlymo

Got me tix for Belfast, 5th May and feelin pretty smug, innit?

privatefriend

Still no Glasgow dates from COWARDLY Kitson.

hermitical

Quote from: Tiggles on March 01, 2024, 03:50:37 PMEmail! Went straight to junk, seems to have come from a new provider.

Anyway, Tree is up for digital rent/ purchase now but the more exciting bit for me is mention of a DVD later in the year with cast commentary and other stuff, which I already know I want. So there's that. Oh and a Q&A screening with Tim towards the end of March, which they might include on the DVD as well.

If you buy Tree on Vimeo is there a legit way to download the Grape extra feature?

Shushybears

For anyone in Melbourne - Collaborator has just been announced in the program for the Rising Festival.

11th-23rd June at Southbank Theatre

https://2024.rising.melbourne/program/collaborator-a-work-in-progress

DrGreggles

Quote from: hermitical on March 10, 2024, 09:09:02 PMIf you buy Tree on Vimeo is there a legit way to download the Grape extra feature?

Wasn't that part of the end credits?

itf

No sign of the show on the Prescot venue website - any idea when tickets tend to go on sale there? (I know it's not on sale til tomorrow)

Venue says they only go on sale to general public on Friday, tomorrow for theatre members.

mrfridge

Feels like you've answered your own question there!

itf

Quote from: mrfridge on March 13, 2024, 01:38:32 PMFeels like you've answered your own question there!

Yeah I edited it when I heard back from the venue - their autoresponder said they didn't tend to reply on outside of certain days which is why I asked here.

hermitical

Quote from: DrGreggles on March 12, 2024, 08:48:53 AMWasn't that part of the end credits?

Not watched it through to the end yet, but Grape is listed as a separate item, viewing only, no download

notjosh

Quote from: Tiggles on March 07, 2024, 08:16:05 AMI mean I don't know who you saw. but give his name a Google on YouTube. You'll see Phoenix Nights, That Peter Kay Thing, a bit part as a bus driver in a 2001 film and some grainy footage of him being both shit and brilliant on Blockbusters when he was at school. That's yer lot of Kitson doing TV.

He was also featured on a New Comedy Award thing on the BBC when he was starting out (which is one of the clips they used in that 100 Greatest Stand Ups show on C4 years ago), and there are a couple of clips of him compering in Late 'N' Live Guide To Comedy.

And he pops up briefly in the doc It Started as a Joke, about Eugene Mirman's comedy festival.

Tiggles

Quote from: itf on March 13, 2024, 09:53:21 AMNo sign of the show on the Prescot venue website - any idea when tickets tend to go on sale there? (I know it's not on sale til tomorrow)

Venue says they only go on sale to general public on Friday, tomorrow for theatre members.

This was the same arrangement with Bolton - I've emailed him to see if we can also have an access code for Prescot for the mailing list. Nothing ventured, nothing gained etc.

itf

Quote from: Tiggles on March 14, 2024, 08:38:43 AMThis was the same arrangement with Bolton - I've emailed him to see if we can also have an access code for Prescot for the mailing list. Nothing ventured, nothing gained etc.

Honestly just sign up for a monthly membership - it's like £3, it's not recurring and you can then use the code "supporter" when buying tickets and get the £3 back as a discount anyway. I've just booked the Friday.

Tiggles

Looks like "Tree" screening and Q&A with Kitson and Key at The Prince Charles cinema this Sunday evening. Tix on sale from midday according to their website

https://princecharlescinema.com/PrinceCharlesCinema.dll/WhatsOn?f=30959363

SteveDave

Got my tickets. Second row so as not to appear too keen.

Tiggles

Quote from: SteveDave on March 19, 2024, 12:03:10 PMGot my tickets. Second row so as not to appear too keen.

And also presumably so your drunk wife doesn't disrupt proceedings too much.

Am v jel. Wish I could go.

SteveDave

My drunk wife is annoyed that I didn't organise a babysitter before buying the tickets. Drunk wives! Amiright?

Joeyjojo

I saw him in Brighton last week, an enjoyable show. But I specifically came here to tell you all, cos it was the last night of that particular run / version of the script, so he said we could all take ours home with us if we wanted. So I've actually got TWO copies of the script to give away. If anyone wants one, send me an email (I only log on here once a year or so). Masked email address is test.chhha@passmail.net - it will get through to me.  I'll need a postal address, obviously, but don't worry, I can vouch for me not being a nutter / scammer.
Ta ta

Joeyjojo

'Fraid both the scripts were claimed within a few minutes of my posting.
Serves you right for not spending every waking second on this forum.

SteveDave

Quote from: SteveDave on March 19, 2024, 03:47:38 PMMy drunk wife is annoyed that I didn't organise a babysitter before buying the tickets. Drunk wives! Amiright?

Babysitter has been arranged. We will be there.

Tiggles

Quote from: SteveDave on March 20, 2024, 02:57:23 PMBabysitter has been arranged. We will be there.

Phew! Please provide a detailed, blow-by-blow account (of the Q&A, not your drunk wife).

SteveDave

The Q and A was "hosted" by John Kearns. All three of them seemed very giddy.

I loved "Tree" too.

Tiggles

Gosh, I hope they decide to stick it on the DVD. Those three being giddy sounds like it could have medicinal qualities.

lauraxsynthesis

Kitson's compering a gig at the lovely Union Chapel in London with a great lineup on 11 May. Bit pricey  mind.

https://unionchapel.org.uk/venue/whats-on/live-at-the-chapel-with-bridget-christie

Tiggles

That's a great lineup. I caught Jin Hao Li on a mixed bill at Edinburgh last year and he really caught my comedy eye - looking forward to seeing him do a full set there this August.

Kitson is also back compering a couple of Sunday Specials at Up The Creek on 21 April (Lou Sanders, Tamsyn Kelly, James O'Donoghue and Raajiee Chelliah)) and 28 April (Tim Key, Marjolein Robertson, Lucy Pearman, James Trickey).

Getting some of those occasional "ah fuck I don't live in London anymore" pangs.

bk1234

So only gone and got myself a touch of the COVID (Do you remember COVIS ©Peter Kay).
Anyway would anyone want two good seats for Saturday evening in Scarborough?

holyzombiejesus

That's bad luck. Just come out of the Friday night performance, it was so ace. I had to mention ice cream.

bk1234

Last chance, 2 free tickets!

AzureSky

I saw this at the matinee show @ Scarborough today, after seeing it at Edinburgh last year.

It's just great fun, especially for Kitson fans who know him and his work.

My line was "That's great, Big Man" and my non-drunk partner's line was "Classic Kitson!". I have actually called him "Big Man" on an email before also, so that felt a bit strange.

He did mention "secret comedy forums" again.

There was a guy kept saying lines when other people weren't quite on the ball, which was clearly irritating to him, but he dealt with him very nicely, but did have to tell him to shut up. He came over to us and whispered "It's him again, isn't it?" at one point.

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: AzureSky on April 20, 2024, 07:50:17 PMI saw this at the matinee show @ Scarborough today, after seeing it at Edinburgh last year.

It's just great fun, especially for Kitson fans who know him and his work.

My line was "That's great, Big Man" and my non-drunk partner's line was "Classic Kitson!". I have actually called him "Big Man" on an email before also, so that felt a bit strange.

He did mention "secret comedy forums" again.

There was a guy kept saying lines when other people weren't quite on the ball, which was clearly irritating to him, but he dealt with him very nicely, but did have to tell him to shut up. He came over to us and whispered "It's him again, isn't it?" at one point.

That guy was such a dick. Really didn't read the room and didn't appear to be finding DK telling him to shut up at all amusing. His wife had to reassure him at one point. His delivery of "what about tits?" was good though.

timbuc

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on April 21, 2024, 12:44:17 PMThat guy was such a dick. Really didn't read the room and didn't appear to be finding DK telling him to shut up at all amusing. His wife had to reassure him at one point. His delivery of "what about tits?" was good though.

I guess the dream would be to sit behind him, spy what his line was and then, just before he can deliver it, tut loudly and say it for him in a clear, confident voice.

Maybe a friendly tap on the shoulder and say, "I've got you, pal".