Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:22:06 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Childish pathetic stuff you find funny because you're childish and pathetic

Started by The Mollusk, August 05, 2023, 05:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Terry Torpid

Quote from: Cuellar on August 05, 2023, 10:17:47 PM"He's having a terrible game, I might have to pull him off at half time"

I was at a shipbuilding museum today (yeah I live on the edge) and one of the exhibits mentioned the "Grease Boy" whose job was "to grease the shaft" of the propeller. I got the giggles for the rest of the tour.

buttgammon

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on August 05, 2023, 11:16:55 PMI have to say I've been really amused by the username @Clive Dogshit seeing as it's relevant.

Yes, me too, I'd be proud of that one.

Quote from: buttgammon on August 05, 2023, 11:04:44 PMSilly names, both real and imaginary.

Flashbacks to Remembrance Day and the reading of names. Classics like A.Lemon, M.Dick, E.Wiley, with a sloppy horn playing the Last Salute in the background made for dangerously giggles.

Sebastian Cobb

Had a customer who used to email us for support and their email system used to capitalise the surname so I used to get mails from <pedestrian name> BOOCOCK which always tickled me.

Video Game Fan 2000

everyone remembers their first encounter with the relatively common name DEEP BANGHARD

JamesTC

Quote from: buttgammon on August 05, 2023, 11:04:44 PMSilly names, both real and imaginary. I once had to hide in the stationery cupboard in work because we were dealing with someone called Mr Alan Baby and I couldn't stop laughing. There was a similar incident during a Masters tutorial, when the lecturer recommended a book by Ronald Bins. I love making up silly names too, really stupid ones like Lady Malcolm Arsewater.

I mentioned recently on here the time somebody called Payal was referred to PayPal on a work email and when a member of my team accidentally referred to Oxfordshite instead of Oxfordshire.

I have a whole folder on my work computer with loads of these because they tickle me so much. We had a thing called a CSUM form and somebody accidentally referred to a "cum form" in the notes. There was the form where there was a partnership between "Mr A Fiddler and Mrs B Diddler" and we had to phone to clarify whether they were Fiddlers or Diddlers.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

replacing song lyrics with curse words

making a custom team in Super Mega Baseball 3 and naming all the players things like Betty Swollocks and Rusty Trombone

"LOLOLOL Professor Oak is fucking Ash's mom" oh no what are these fanfics doing here

Kankurette

Shouting 'OH LAWD HE COMIN' at a large cat/dog/footballer.
Quote from: buttgammon on August 05, 2023, 11:04:44 PMSilly names, both real and imaginary. I once had to hide in the stationery cupboard in work because we were dealing with someone called Mr Alan Baby and I couldn't stop laughing. There was a similar incident during a Masters tutorial, when the lecturer recommended a book by Ronald Bins. I love making up silly names too, really stupid ones like Lady Malcolm Arsewater.
I can relate. Can't remember any patients or clients with funny names but there were a few that made me laugh.

My brother and I used to play a version of Scrabble called Silly Word Scrabble where we'd make up words and a blank was a whole word. My brother made up the word 'rabbleploop' and I still find it funny. Also 'truf', to rhyme with 'rough'.

The name Wizzle Wuzzle also makes me laugh.

Jerrykeshton

Quote from: BJBMK2 on August 05, 2023, 06:39:18 PMPeople actually did this? In real life??

I've assumed for years that it was just something my mate made up.
I've been in a house where this was taking place. I didn't partake, but the other 3 there did.

BJBMK2

Quote from: Jerrykeshton on August 06, 2023, 12:05:30 AMI've been in a house where this was taking place. I didn't partake, but the other 3 there did. Your honour.

Kankurette

The phrase "I was dead once." Which Christian Eriksen and Dave Gahan can both use with impunity.

Thanks to having Chelsea fans in my family, I also find celery funny. Chelsea fans have a song that goes:
Celery
Celery
Ifshedon'tcomeI'lltickleherbum
With a lump of celery

Jerrykeshton

Quote from: WhoMe on August 05, 2023, 10:52:09 PMReplacing the first letter with B on all the off brand stuff in Aldi. Butella, barte d'or, shit like that.
Calling Heart FM, Tart fm or Fart fm

Oosp

Stupid names is my favourite thing, I reckon. I make them up all the time, and I have hundreds of spares that I haven't used for projects. BUT it also means I get extremely fucking annoyed when I see/hear most "silly names" that other people have made up for TV etc, because I'm far better at it. No qualms about blowing my own trumpet in this regard. Important to know one's own value. DO BETTER WITH INAGINARY STUPID NAMES, WRITERS

Cold Meat Platter

Pretending not to understand simple concepts and looking at the other person like they're mental for believing in it.

Blue Jam

Been watching Mr Inbetween lately and giggling every time someone says "dunny".

RetroRobot

Farts, poo, bold faced insane jokey lying than answering "no" when neurotypicals ask "really?".

Another one for silly names. I walk around the flat doing stupid voices and always start with "Hello, I'm Arthur Twatley/Maggie Kettle/Henry Pringlestube/Mary Cuntswap/Edgar Fuckstein/Harry Teacake/Sally Biscoff/whatever shit name is stuck in my head, and I'm your host, welcome to "Can You Stab a Horse?", only on BBC 2, every Sunday at 3AM." or whatever unfunny shite comes out my twatish mouth.

Stoneage Dinosaurs

There is a street in Nowrich called ST GREGORY'S BACK ALLEY. I took a photo of it because I find it funny

At my daughter's school for parents evening. I was scanning the name badges on the desks, trying to find Mr Rimmer. Here's a bloke, "Are you Mr Rimmer? Oh no, I see your name is...Mr Dicker."

Had to stand outside for a moment and later got told off by a third teacher for inappropriate smiling,

famethrowa

If I need to send a computer screenshot to anyone, I usually make it my business open some dubious tabs in the background ("buttfuckin buddies" is a favourite) and see if anyone notices.

Sherringford Hovis

I'm going to potentially out myself as a massive racist here.

That 2013 Korean plane crash where someone inserted the crew names

Captain Sum Ting Wong
We To Lo
Ho Lee Fook
Bang Ding Ow

into a San Francisco live TV news report never fails to crease me up.

Only I can't be a racist because one of the real pilot's names is Bong Dong-won, and I'm not amused by that at all. Courageous chap, saved many lives, nothing to laugh about. The silly names getting past tiers of editors and producers then being read out straight-faced by some autocue muppet without a single person questioning the playground-level xenophobia? Classic.

Cloud

Quote from: famethrowa on August 06, 2023, 02:16:34 AMIf I need to send a computer screenshot to anyone, I usually make it my business open some dubious tabs in the background ("buttfuckin buddies" is a favourite) and see if anyone notices.

I admire this attempt at an excuse for that one incident

Icehaven

Quote from: Ron Superior on August 05, 2023, 10:03:33 PMMy son's reached the age where he's started choosing his own clothes and he wears a lot of Adidas. Every time he's wearing any, I point to the letters one by one and spell out "after dinner I did a shit".

Korn consider etc.

seepage

Telling my wife it's actually me playing some complex piece of keys or guitar when it comes on the radio. Also that I auditioned for any advert where a bloke has his top off.

greencalx

Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on August 06, 2023, 01:39:48 AMThere is a street in Nowrich called ST GREGORY'S BACK ALLEY. I took a photo of it because I find it funny

See also Boyd's Entry in Edinburgh.

Any phrase beginning with "taking it up the...". Had a conversation with a colleague about some mathsy stuff who kept talking about taking an integration contour "up the imaginary axis" which had me struggling to keep a straight face.

Ron Superior

Whenever my wife asks "guess who I saw today" I always answer "Ricky Martin?"

thenoise

Not sure how sincere the endorsement here was/is, but I genuinely think that spider man jump with fart and scooby doo laugh is one of my favourite comedy video clips of the last few years.

turnstyle

Rubbish sexual innuendo aimed at my wife, with the kids in ear shot.

Eg:

After a day recently where I had sausage for lunch AND dinner.

Wife: "You're having a sausage-heavy day!"

Me: "Play your cards right and you'll be having a sausage heavy night"

Wife: *eye roll*

Son: Hysterics because sausages are funny.

ALSO

Any time my wife says "Your mum phoned earlier" or similar, I feel compelled to reply with "YOUR MUM".

She's had years of this shit. When she inevitablely tells me she's leaving me, I'll simply say "I understand". And follow up with "YOUR MUM".

Jasha

Quote from: turnstyle on August 06, 2023, 09:14:14 AMRubbish sexual innuendo aimed at my wife, with the kids in ear shot.

Eg:

After a day recently where I had sausage for lunch AND dinner.

Wife: "You're having a sausage-heavy day!"

Me: "Play your cards right and you'll be having a sausage heavy night"

Wife: "I'll fetch my strap on"

shoulders

Quote from: Stoneage Dinosaurs on August 06, 2023, 01:39:48 AMThere is a street in Nowrich called ST GREGORY'S BACK ALLEY. I took a photo of it because I find it funny

It's more on the nose in Yorkshire

Treacle Cock Alley in Bingley
Fist My Arse Hole in Cleckheaton