Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:40:59 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Penis Beaker Discussion Forum in New Low (Mumsnet thread)

Started by gilbertharding, September 13, 2023, 09:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gilbertharding

Apols if there's already a thread for this, but:

https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/_chat/4894462-911-what-happened-to-the-planes?page=1

Quote from: some halfwitthinking on from that awful day after the anniversary yesterday, one thought has come to mind.

What happened to the planes and those onboard, once they were flown into the twin towers? I know this probably does sound silly and I'm so sorry if it comes across as ignorant, but I truly do not know, and the internet doesn't mention anything, either..

Did they come to a crash landing afterwards? Or did they continue flying? What actually happened to the plane and those poor souls on board?

Legitimate question on an appropriate forum? Or thick and insensitive?

jobotic

Love the idea that they continued flying.

"Apologies, things got rather bumpy there ladies and gentlemen but we are now back on course and will reach our destination in approximately one hour".

Shaxberd

I've heard people argue that an exploding plane can't topple a skyscraper ("jet fuel can't melt steel beams" etc) but this is the first time I've heard someone suggest a skyscraper can't stop a plane.

Just punched right through leaving a plane shaped gap like in a Wile E Coyote cartoon.

Kankurette

There's a Mumsnet thread but no fucker besides me posts on it. It's definitely a troll but so many Mumsnetters are thick as shit, you're bound to have 9/11 conspiracy theorists. The COVID boards were a treat.

(One for The Wheel of Time fans: the Red Ajah would all be Mumsnetters.)

ETA: here it is!

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: gilbertharding on September 13, 2023, 09:06:03 AMOr thick and insensitive?

I think it would be unfair to accuse someone that thick of being insensitive.

Kankurette

This is a forum full of people who believe the 'kids identifying as cats' rumour. Despite it being debunked countless times.

Gurke and Hare

Do they actually believe it or are they just pretending to as a pretext to continue being a cunt?

Butchers Blind

Everyone knows that once those planes entered the towers they passed through into another dimension; a universe where planes don't fly into buildings.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Butchers Blind on September 13, 2023, 09:53:53 AMEveryone knows that once those planes entered the towers they passed through into another dimension; a universe where planes don't fly into buildings.

Like how in The Dark Side of the Moon (film, not album) all that shit that disappeared in the Bermuda Triangle turns out to have been teleported to, erm, The Dark Side of the Moon.

madhair60

Quote from: Kankurette on September 13, 2023, 09:33:33 AMThis is a forum full of people who believe the 'kids identifying as cats' rumour. Despite it being debunked countless times.

no, it's true.

Sebastian Cobb

It's no wonder kids identify as cats given most parents have them shit and piss in a plastic thing in the kitchen.

touchingcloth

Quote from: Kankurette on September 13, 2023, 09:21:51 AMThere's a Mumsnet thread but no fucker besides me posts on it. It's definitely a troll but so many Mumsnetters are thick as shit, you're bound to have 9/11 conspiracy theorists. The COVID boards were a treat.

My (non-mum) partner discusses penis beakers and diets on Netmums, and she enjoys half playing along with the obvious trolls, so not calling them out as trolls or wholeheartedly agreeing with them, but saying "that's interesting, tell me more? Sounds worrying if true!" and I get the impression that a lot of the replies to the trolls on there are similar, where people are piggybacking on the original troll to do some low key trolling of their own, and there's probably at least a third layer where some of the people know that the people who are posting apparently sincere belief in an obvious troll who then do their own trolling by saying "I can't believe you believe her, she's obviously a troll!" which is an interesting dynamic we don't have on CaB given that the entire forum is probably quieter than a single Netmums thread.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

gilbertharding

Quote from: Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse on September 13, 2023, 11:24:00 AMThe fuck is a penis beaker

The subject of what I think must be the most famous Mumsnet thread ever. A mumsnet poster blithely referred to it in an aside (it was a glass of water on the bedside table in which her husband dunked his chap after sex).

It knocked the thread about Centerparcs as a euphemism for bumsex off the number one spot.

idunnosomename

I found the post and it perplexes me why she takes over the bathroom post-coitus as to prevent him from washing his john thomas under the tap.

Kankurette

Was it Mumsnet that had the poo knife or was that Reddit? ETA: it was Reddit.

One of the most notoriously batshit threads on Mumsnet was the woman who went the Sistine Chapel and started wailing and crying and making a twat of herself because she was so moved.

QuoteI get very moved by certain types of art and music, so much so that I occasionally cry. Last year we went to the Louvre and I ended up silently weeping at a number of art works. When we got out of the gallery DH admitted that he finds it all a bit over the top and unnecessary - as if I do it on purpose!

Anyway we've just got back from Rome. I became a little overwhelmed in the coliseum when I thought about the violence and death that had taken place there. DH said I was the only one in the entire place crying and he was fed up with it. I explained that I don't do it on purpose, it just gets to me.

We went to the Sistine Chappell the day after and I ended up screaming at the MichaelAngelo. A number of tourists tried to console me but DH just walked off muttering "for fucks sake". I felt so stupid. When we got out DH had a massive rant at me about how I spoil everything for him and he often wishes he was with someone normal who could visit places without making a scene. He also declared that he no longer enjoys travelling with me. I'm gutted because travel is the main thing we do together. AIBU to think I can't change who I am or should I??

Shaxberd

I'm surprised she wasn't bundled out of there by the guards whose job it is tell you to shush and put away your camera, I can't imagine they'd have much tolerance for full on bawling.

At least the posters are telling her to get a grip and stop looking for attention. Reddit would be telling her to divorce her insensitive husband for trampling her boundaries or whatever.

Zetetic

You can't have an emotional experience of being moved by the numinous here, ma'am.

Janie Jones

Quote from: gilbertharding on September 13, 2023, 09:06:03 AMApols if there's already a thread for this, but:

https://www.mumsnet.com/talk/_chat/4894462-911-what-happened-to-the-planes?page=1

Legitimate question on an appropriate forum? Or thick and insensitive?

Mail Online is similarly enthralled with this obvious trolling and covered it hours before CaB deemed it worthy of discussion.

Uncle TechTip

Kind of imagining her as a Double-Take brother, well I hope I don't see any classical works of art today... BLEEEURRGH!

Kankurette

The Mail really loves publishing articles about shit they saw on Mumsnet, because apparently 'some woman posts on a forum' is news.

Quote from: Kankurette on September 13, 2023, 12:27:29 PMThe Mail really loves publishing articles about shit they saw on Mumsnet, because apparently 'some woman posts on a forum' is news.
Ah now Kankurette you can't expect a journalist to actually do journalism, that would require leaving the office

Kankurette

amateur

Quote from: idunnosomename on September 13, 2023, 11:33:27 AMI found the post and it perplexes me why she takes over the bathroom post-coitus as to prevent him from washing his john thomas under the tap.

Reasonably important to get in there first for cystitis based reasons, imo.

gilbertharding

Quote from: amateur on September 13, 2023, 02:56:41 PMReasonably important to get in there first for cystitis based reasons, imo.

That's fair enough, but why can't he just wipe it on the T-Shirt at the top of the laundry basket?

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: gilbertharding on September 13, 2023, 03:19:22 PMThat's fair enough, but why can't he just wipe it on the T-Shirt at the top of the laundry basket?
Obviously the laundry basket is in the bathroom. And he can't use a tissue or a baby wipe because of the environment. And he can't use the sheets because she'll go mental. Not sure if they have a cat.