Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 11:24:08 AM

Login with username, password and session length

GC Rowling's Battlefield TERF, part 2: Fantastic Wheeshts and Where to Find Them

Started by Mister Six, April 14, 2022, 09:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 09, 2022, 05:14:35 PMDamn TRAs spoilt their jolly day out

I initially read that final line as 'riped our bananas'
Looks like the team weren't appreciative of their attempts to 'save' sport. Good on them for standing up for their goalie.

I take it the protestors will be watching the cup final on Sunday since they love women's sport so much?

selectivememory

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 09, 2022, 05:14:35 PMDamn TRAs spoilt their jolly day out

Good god, that is pathetic. Do they not have anything else in their lives?

canadagoose

Ruzylo is a vile ghoul who has been at this for years. One of the original pre-2017 Banana Crew.

Kankurette

As someone who actually does like women's football - I'm going my parents' on Sunday to watch the final with my stepdad, he supports both Chelsea teams - it really, really fucks me off that these people pretend to care about it when it's quite obvious they don't give a shit about it unless trans women are involved. If they actually knew about it, they'd know that trans women are a tiny, tiny handful of players. Neither City nor Chelsea have trans women on their squads.

George Oscar Bluth II

Quote from: waste of chops on May 09, 2022, 05:13:29 PMLast time she mentioned it was 2020, before that 2018.

In fact she's never even mentioned the new one by name.

I can't be sure but if I'd had a film on general release I'd probably have mentioned it a couple of times on my social channels. But I'm not "peaked" so it's my loss I guess.

Memorex MP3

Quote from: George Oscar Bluth II on May 09, 2022, 08:08:04 PMI can't be sure but if I'd had a film on general release I'd probably have mentioned it a couple of times on my social channels. But I'm not "peaked" so it's my loss I guess.
I'm guessing part of her going into overdrive in recent months has been to do with someone from WB telling her they don't want her to mention it.

Also possible she's peeved that they didn't accept her draft or something (the series was bombing and in need of a big pivot so that wouldn't surprise me) and has chosen to ignore it as a result.

phantom_power

Quote from: canadagoose on May 09, 2022, 06:44:33 PMRuzylo is a vile ghoul who has been at this for years. One of the original pre-2017 Banana Crew.

Abstract anti-trans stuff on Twitter is bad enough but targeting a particular person face-to-face is fucking grotesque. I feel so sorry for that poor woman, but also happy that both teams rallied round them against these pricks.

You would think anyone with a modicum of critical thinking would see this as some sort of proof that they aren't the silent majority they think they are but...well...y'know

Dr Rock

Quote from: Memorex MP3 on May 09, 2022, 09:14:43 PMAlso possible she's peeved that they didn't accept her draft or something (the series was bombing and in need of a big pivot so that wouldn't surprise me) and has chosen to ignore it as a result.

If so, nice for all the people who worked on it eh.

jamiefairlie

How is 'See Results' an option? Some kind of experiment to see if anyone's paying attention?

Zetetic

It's because you can't see the results of an ongoing poll on Twitter without voting in it. Some people provide a "see results" option for people who don't want to pick a real option (or I guess might be excluded from voting by the terms set by the person who posted the poll - e.g. in this case, non-LGBT).

shoulders

Massive stonkin' Westboro Baptist Church vibes off that.

Kankurette

I wonder what would happen if Arsenal, City or Chelsea had a trans woman playing for them. I'd love to see these idiots try and disrupt the games then.

shoulders

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/health-and-care-bill-factsheets/health-and-care-bill-banning-virginity-testing

The sort of thing a feminist would promote, presumably. Any sign of JKR or her dinner party guests mentioning this?

Slightly embarrassingly for the toilet police the proposal implies that checking someone's genitalia might be bad.

Blumf

Tina Garrison is a delightful person:

https://grrrgraphics.com/whats-next-mens-abortions/

The Crazy Mixed Up World Of the Left

The Left, "Women can have a penis."

The Left, "Men can get pregnant"

The Left, "I can't define what a woman is, I am not a biologist"

After two years of  "Shut up about your rights and  freedoms, take the vaccine, listen to Fauci," the Left is back to "my body, my choice" when it comes to on demand baby murder or as they like to call it, "essential health care."

When the Roe vs. Wade leak happened last week, the abortion cultists lost their collective minds. Abortion is a religion to the Left and they will scream and riot until they get their way like spoiled rotten toddlers. A Godless abortion cult called "Ruth sent us" is even planning on storming Catholic churches on "Mother's Day" to show their displeasure  at the thought of taking away their baby killing "rights."

phantom_power

The irony of these bible-bashing fuck-knuckles calling pro-choice people religious is off the chart

bgmnts

Our Ben is married?

Fucking hell I have never been so disappointed in myself as I am after learning this.

Kankurette

Just wait till he finds out about cis women who have facial hair due to PCOS.

Mister Six

Kankurette

Oh great, now the fucking BBC have an article about saving women's sport from the evil trans menace.

phantom_power

Two elite athletes' opinions don't really amount to a story do they? If there was a survey of elite athletes and a majority had that claim then it might hold water. Otherwise there are loads of other factors that could lead to that opinion rather than genuine professional concern.

You would think the governing bodies who made the rules would have some knowledge on the subject to be able to determine "natural biological advantage" for trans athletes

Zetetic

And some of those governing bodies are excluding trans women from "women's" events.

Of course some of them are also excluding women who have been socially and legally identified as women since birth, and who have the gross physiology that typifies "woman" in a meaty-sense.

There seems to a missing piece about actually trying to bring out what we think "fairness" should look like and why (although the discussion about physiological variation in high-level athletes in existing categories begins to gesture towards this).

Lot of existing history in physical impairment athletics and sport (e.g. Paralympics) trying to unpick that.

BritishHobo

Quote from: Memorex MP3 on May 09, 2022, 09:14:43 PMI'm guessing part of her going into overdrive in recent months has been to do with someone from WB telling her they don't want her to mention it.

Also possible she's peeved that they didn't accept her draft or something (the series was bombing and in need of a big pivot so that wouldn't surprise me) and has chosen to ignore it as a result.

I'm convinced this is the case. I've said this before but there's been several times this year where, after a period of relative silence, she has suddenly started tweeting again about trans people the same time that WB have made a big marketing push on the franchise. As if she's been asked to keep quiet and so is trying to ensure her crusade is always trending whenever Fantastic Beasts is.

buttgammon

Just as some people can make everything about trans people, some people will do the same with Corbyn. It's madness.

Zetetic

Memorex MP3

Been wondering how long it would take for Riley to jump onto a new fixation (and it was always gonna be trans stuff, nothing else has the same addictive appeal to these types), I guess this is the transitory stage.

jobotic

It's Anti-semitic to be trans now? Or not hate trans-women?

Just so I know.