Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:33:47 PM

Login with username, password and session length

GC Rowling's Battlefield TERF, part 2: Fantastic Wheeshts and Where to Find Them

Started by Mister Six, April 14, 2022, 09:39:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Zetetic on May 12, 2022, 12:58:16 PMThere seems to a missing piece about actually trying to bring out what we think "fairness" should look like and why (although the discussion about physiological variation in high-level athletes in existing categories begins to gesture towards this).

give every country a clone and see what they can squeeze out of it.

Kankurette

One, when has JKR EVER spoken out for Jews, and two, what the fuck has Jeremy Corbyn got to do with this? Riley is OBSESSED.

Pink Gregory

Quote from: Kankurette on May 15, 2022, 03:00:29 PMOne, when has JKR EVER spoken out for Jews, and two, what the fuck has Jeremy Corbyn got to do with this? Riley is OBSESSED.

when she came up with that jewish wizard that time.

Mister Six

Quote from: Kankurette on May 15, 2022, 03:00:29 PMOne, when has JKR EVER spoken out for Jews, and two, what the fuck has Jeremy Corbyn got to do with this? Riley is OBSESSED.

I think Rowling did join in the "save the Jews from Corbyn" nonsense, although being that she's a billionaire who famously pays all her taxes, she may have had an ulterior motive in not wanting an economically leftwing leader in charge of labour.

I think some ADL-type group has also given her a pass for her goblin characters based on some historic defense of Jewish people, but obviously Riley's thing is just the usual centrist Twitter brainworms more than any kind of response to actual events.

Dr Rock

Many, maybe most of Rowling critics aren't from the UK (Contrapoints, other trans YouTube creators) so would have little idea who Jeremy Corbyn is.

idunnosomename

She is now tweeting about Manchester with the whole "men stopping the women talking angle" when actually it's a hate rally where Posie Parker is yelling about how trans people dont exist (mostly trans women)

https://twitter.com/jk_rowling/status/1525866488934150145

As usual, shes not stupid, she knows whats going on.

And interesting how she still drops the Christmas Piss mentions and even had it as her Twitter banner last year but still never mentions Fantastic Breasts, very much contractual obligations and which one is a J.K. Rowling Product.

king_tubby

Kankurette

Can TERFs please fuck off out of my city? Canal Street makes it very clear in many places that trans people are welcome.

Dr Rock

idunnosomename

Posie definitely deserves to be milkshaked. horrible fascist. by which I mean she appeals to vicious authoritarianism based on biological essentialism via a personality cult

I posted this on the Glinner thread, but seeing as Rowling has made sure this will be in the Daily Mail tomorrow

flotemysost

She's preaching to the choir at this stage surely?

Your either Team Jo or not, the hyperbole is running thin, I wonder if the Daily Mail will get bored of making an article out of every tweet.

Kankurette

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 16, 2022, 08:37:05 PMShe's preaching to the choir at this stage surely?

Your either Team Jo or not, the hyperbole is running thin, I wonder if the Daily Mail will get bored of making an article out of every tweet.

She does realise it could be reversed, right? Because her side does all of those things too.

shiftwork2

idunnosomename

The Times ran a weird non-specific story yesterday about a girl being hounded out of school by "trans ideology" J.K. Rowling quoted it and now the article has been changed to be about J.K. Rowling

So that quote is quoted in the article she's linking to. She really is the oracle of British transphobia now

Dr Rock

QuoteJK Rowling has condemned the "utterly shameful" treatment of a teenage girl who felt forced to leave her school after pupils hounded her for challenging the views of a visiting speaker.

For clarity, she wasn't forced to leave her school permanently. She left her school building when people were calling her a transphobe for the transphobic things she was saying.

canadagoose

These days Stew, if you say sex is real, you get arrested and thrown in jail

Kankurette

Can someone explain what actually happened with the girl? So someone came to talk about trans stuff and she was shouting abuse at them? Because I'm guessing it wasn't just 'sex exists', but then this kind of insidious sneaky bullshit is JKR's bread and butter.

Endicott

This version isn't paywalled but sort of reads like it was copied from The Times. So, putting aside how accurate it may/may not be for now, she had what sounds like an amicable disagreement with a speaker and then she got shouted at by all her fellow pupils. Then she had to have her classes on her own, and then she left the (private) school.

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/news/uk-news/jk-rowling-defends-girl-forced-26989230

Endicott

It seems odd to me that this kind of dispute amongst pupils would lead to one being put into isolation, so it seems likely that there is some information being left out. Probably about other things she said or did, probably before the event, which might explain why it escalated so much.

phantom_power

I think a load of kids disagreeing with a transphobe is the peakening these people think it is. Quite the opposite in fact

Dr Rock

Quote from: Kankurette on May 18, 2022, 12:38:33 PMCan someone explain what actually happened with the girl? So someone came to talk about trans stuff and she was shouting abuse at them? Because I'm guessing it wasn't just 'sex exists', but then this kind of insidious sneaky bullshit is JKR's bread and butter.

Owen Jones is investigating, there's obviously more to the story than has been reported

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Endicott on May 18, 2022, 01:05:09 PMThis version isn't paywalled but sort of reads like it was copied from The Times. So, putting aside how accurate it may/may not be for now, she had what sounds like an amicable disagreement with a speaker and then she got shouted at by all her fellow pupils. Then she had to have her classes on her own, and then she left the (private) school.

https://www.scottishdailyexpress.co.uk/news/uk-news/jk-rowling-defends-girl-forced-26989230
Some female House of Lords member (who knows) spoke at some school somewhere (who knows) and some girl said sex was real and got shouted at and spat on by 60 girls according to TERF Joanna Cherry and this is happening absolutely everywhere says some TERF group.

Great journalism The Times.