Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 08:28:11 PM

Login with username, password and session length

GTA 6

Started by Jim_MacLaine, November 08, 2023, 02:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_MacLaine

Announced shortly, trailer in December.

The game is set in Vice City, a fictional Miami last seen in 2006's GTA: Vice City Stories, and will feature the series' first female protagonist.

https://www.theguardian.com/games/2023/nov/08/grand-theft-auto-six-to-be-announced-this-week

Mister Six

Gonna be shit as usual, I bet.

My Rockstar mate says they're leaning away from heavily scripted missions, which is promising, but it's hard not to feel like this series is well past its use-by date.

bgmnts

Dunko

https://youtu.be/qq8d5jvjarA?si=7ph63eTV1GTUNcnx

Couldnt be less arsed about GTA anymore. Vice City will always hold a huge place in  my clogged heart, though.

Famous Mortimer

I'm looking forward to it. I'd honestly take a tarted up version of 5, with more reasonable finances and maybe the ability to have a mild say over the landscape (like, you could design your own house, or something). Improve the set of cars that spawns, so it's not the same boring models while all the PCs are flying about in nonsense-vehicles. More variety of jobs, or more support for RP stuff.

copa

I've burnt out on GTA.
I can no longer stand being in the environments that it creates.
Horrible characters, everyone aggressive; whiny US voices.
Everything snarky and ironic.
Probably just a symptom of getting older.

oggyraiding

It's been so long since 5, expectations are incredibly high, will they fulfill those expectations?

Barry Admin

Can't wait. Was busting to play GTA Online again recently to visit my helicopters, but the disc is knackered, and I'm not buying it again.

I think this will be the first time in on ages I'll want to actually sit down and explore a world.

Chollis

Had an absolute blast on GTA5 when it first came out so I will be buying this.

bgmnts

Will be interesting to see how much money GTA 6 rakes in after a week or so.

GTA V has sold over 185 million copies these past ten years and it's made about 8 billions dollars apparently. Can 6 top that?

Papa Wheelie

As long as I can run people over in a convertible sports car, I'm in.

Mister Six

Quote from: copa on November 08, 2023, 05:31:13 PMI've burnt out on GTA.
I can no longer stand being in the environments that it creates.
Horrible characters, everyone aggressive; whiny US voices.

Reject GTA, embrace Yakuza.

letsgobrian

Quote from: copa on November 08, 2023, 05:31:13 PMHorrible characters, everyone aggressive; whiny US voices.
Probably just a symptom of getting older.

GTA Online has cut back on this a lot since Dan Houser left Rockstar. From Los Santos Summer Special  onwards it started to chill out. There are still annoying new NPCs but none that act like your very existence is an inconvenience to them.

Garam

Garam

This game is going to singlehandedly fix the British economy. We are so fucking back

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: letsgobrian on November 08, 2023, 08:27:06 PMGTA Online has cut back on this a lot since Dan Houser left Rockstar. From Los Santos Summer Special  onwards it started to chill out. There are still annoying new NPCs but none that act like your very existence is an inconvenience to them.
I highly recommend having no friends, so when you play GTA Online you can ignore all the missions and just do races and stock up your businesses. Or try and drive a golf cart up Mount Chiliad.

Jim_MacLaine

Vice City had the second smallest map and so if they are sticking to the Scarface 80's IP I guess this will be expanded to the Keys and Cuba, maybe the everglades for some Live and Let Die boat action.

Mister Six

Quote from: Jim_MacLaine on November 09, 2023, 04:04:17 PMVice City had the second smallest map and so if they are sticking to the Scarface 80's IP I guess this will be expanded to the Keys and Cuba, maybe the everglades for some Live and Let Die boat action.

Probably a Disney World knock-off too, even if the real one is way up in Orlando.

Ferris

10 years since GTA5, fucking hell.

Then again, I'm replaying Red Dead Redemption and I found save games on my PS3 from 2011.

El Unicornio, mang

Quote from: Ferris on November 09, 2023, 04:25:45 PM10 years since GTA5, fucking hell.

And 21 years since Vice City (although I'm less shocked to realise this). I'm feeling lightheaded.

I'll be doing the same thing I do with every GTA game, play the storyline about a third of the way through and love it, muck about with some mods, stop playing when I realise it's taking up too much of my time, and dip back in every couple of years. GTA V still holds up really well graphically (particularly with upgrade mods) and technically.

bgmnts

Lol we're all closer to dying soon.

Cheers Rockstar for a nice reminder of my imminent, and close approaching, mortality.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Quote from: Jim_MacLaine on November 09, 2023, 04:04:17 PMVice City had the second smallest map
But the most boring map. And yet, it seems to be everyone else's favourite of the PS2 trilogy.

Ferris

Quote from: Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth on November 10, 2023, 09:03:33 AMBut the most boring map. And yet, it seems to be everyone else's favourite of the PS2 trilogy.

Liberty City was the best of the PS2 era. Think that was GTA3?

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

I hope it's crap just to punish Rockstar for having the sheer gall to release GTA The Definitive Edition.

El Unicornio, mang

I preferred Vice City to III/Liberty City map tbh. Yeah it's flat and samey and all modern buildings (as Florida is) but I preferred the brightly lit neon, palm trees, beach, Scarface mansions, 80s decor etc

Beagle 2

I like GTA, I think it's good. I do most of my gaming with my kids now though, so this will probably be a non-starter unless you can play to earn social credit in woke mode and swap out the violence and gore for babalities.

Jim_MacLaine

A flash designer speaks.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

kitsofan34

I really hope they mix up the structure around missions. I don't wanna drive to the mission with some gobby fucker yapping in my ear for ten minutes.

madhair60

"gonna be shit as usual", jesus christ. genuinely got sad when i read that.

QDRPHNC

I'm looking forward to it. Both because I thoroughly enjoy GTA Online, and also because this will probably be one of the biggest / maddest video game releases of all time and I'm just flat-out curious. The gestation period has been so long, and I assume they've learned so much from RDR2, I'm excited to see how it's all going to come together.

My only reservation is the location - Los Santos is so good because it blends mountains, desert, city and water so seamlessly, whereas the Vice City setting could well be a lot more one-note. Although the idea of zipping around the Keys sounds fun. Anyway, like GTA5 before it, this will probably be the reason I upgrade to the current gen of XBox.