Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:18:27 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Torrent site invites

Started by Junglist, April 08, 2014, 04:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Puffin Chunks on June 03, 2023, 01:58:36 PMI have a couple of TorrentDay invites kicking about. First come, first served.

Yes please unless gone.

Malcy

Is Magnetdl gone now too?

Barry Admin

Can I have an invite for a music site please?  Trying to get Gang of Four stuff that keeps failing.

dontpaintyourteeth

Funcrusher

Decent selection of Gang of Four on rutracker if you don't mind torrenting with Russkies. Don't think you need an invite.

Malcy

Yeah RuTracker is great but I'm finding more and more that torrents are completing. Still, I've got a huge amount of stuff off there. Not finding Soulseek all that great recently either.

dontpaintyourteeth

Fairly confident you could get Gang of Four stuff on there lol

Funcrusher

Don't you have to faff around with port forwarding and stuff on Soulseek, and people can choose not to share with you? Torrents seem less hassle.

Malcy

Loads of Gang Of Four stuff on RuTracker @Barry Admin

Can grab stuff for you if you want.

Barry Admin

ahh that's great thanks!  On there now!

Barry Admin

These keep failing on some too, "error: the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (writetodisk)"

Malcy

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 30, 2023, 07:10:40 PMThese keep failing on some too, "error: the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (writetodisk)"

Maybe a Torrent client issue rather than the torrent itself? What one did you try and i'll give it a bash.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Barry Admin on June 30, 2023, 07:10:40 PMThese keep failing on some too, "error: the process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process (writetodisk)"

As Malcy says that's a client problem. Googled the exact error and it seems like it can happen when your antivirus is scanning it at the same time as the file coming in, perhaps it has seen something it doesn't like, perhaps it's a false positive.

Dunno what version of utorrent you're using but they got a rep for packing in bloat/malware at some point. Qbittorent is very close to what utorrent was when it was good, and open source.

Malcy

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on June 30, 2023, 07:36:45 PMAs Malcy says that's a client problem. Googled the exact error and it seems like it can happen when your antivirus is scanning it at the same time as the file coming in, perhaps it has seen something it doesn't like, perhaps it's a false positive.

Dunno what version of utorrent you're using but they got a rep for packing in bloat/malware at some point. Qbittorent is very close to what utorrent was when it was good, and open source.

Using qBittorent too and it's really good. Never any issues.

Funcrusher

I'm also on Qbittorrent and works really well. Just downloaded a Masters At Work comp off Putintorrent and it worked fine.

Barry Admin

Yeah uTorrent. Will switch, thanks again!

gabrielconroy

Anyone have an invite for a good film & TV torrent site? Have just set up a jellyfin server to stream to my TV after seeing a @Sebastian Cobb post elsewhere and want to fill it full to the brim with lots of lovely goodies.

NoSleep

I've been using https://torrentgalaxy.to/ without membership or problems, since RARGB went down.

Sebastian Cobb

I've been using torrentleech since RARBG went down as they had a 'refugee' sign-up, and they've had one since for filelist. I've got a couple of invites if anyone wants.

It's private so you need to maintain a ratio but a fair bit of stuff is on freeleech, and you can sort by most recent and just hop on a big bluray rip to massage your ratio.

gabrielconroy

Quote from: NoSleep on November 22, 2023, 08:28:24 PMI've been using https://torrentgalaxy.to/ without membership or problems, since RARGB went down.

Cheers, have found a few more things there that I couldn't on TPB mirrors.

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on November 22, 2023, 10:24:01 PMI've been using torrentleech since RARBG went down as they had a 'refugee' sign-up, and they've had one since for filelist. I've got a couple of invites if anyone wants.

It's private so you need to maintain a ratio but a fair bit of stuff is on freeleech, and you can sort by most recent and just hop on a big bluray rip to massage your ratio.

I'll gladly grab an invite if you have one going!

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: gabrielconroy on November 23, 2023, 12:52:20 PMI'll gladly grab an invite if you have one going!
No problem, it wants an email address to send the invite out to so pm me that and I'll send one out.

madhair60

i am interested in an invite, i am a good boy with ratio

gabrielconroy

I have one you can have if you want to PM an email address to send it to

Puffin Chunks

2 spare torrentday invites.

PM me email address. First come, first served.

cakeinmilk

Anyone got a TVChaosUK invite? Can offer a torrentday invite in return. Or my eternal thanks. Or both.

madhair60

i'll have one if you don't mind waiting a bit for me to get it.

gabrielconroy

Quote from: Puffin Chunks on January 20, 2024, 01:12:57 PM2 spare torrentday invites.

PM me email address. First come, first served.

This still available (or anyone else have one)? TorrentLeech is pretty great but there's some stuff (mainly foreign films) that aren't on there.