Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:43:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Terrible album covers

Started by Subtle Mocking, February 11, 2011, 04:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lordofthefiles

Quote from: Chriddof on October 10, 2019, 05:45:49 PM
What's happening with his arm? It looks like it's part of the chair.

He's got Rod Hulling of the left arm you heartless swine. He spoke about it on Piers Morgan last year.

Head Gardener

PlanktonSideburns

Quote from: NJ Uncut on October 09, 2019, 06:22:58 PM
Mick fella, change your clothes once a while

Bloody orange and teal in modern album covers

Captain Z

Quote from: alan nagsworth on October 08, 2019, 08:33:21 PM

Liars'

I was going to say Ludacris is really having an image crisis.

H-O-W-L

Quote from: purlieu on October 08, 2019, 10:48:29 PM
Storm Thorgerson is one of those people who basically managed to live off about four good Pink Floyd covers. The Wish You Were Here art almost defined him, and that largely stands up because it's framed well and was pretty striking in its day.

And it, like all his consecutive works, was just a big ole' crib from Rene Magritte. What a knobfucker Thorgerson was, honestly. Such an unpleasant seeming man from every interview I saw.

NoSleep

"Lucky friend of Dave Gilmour."

NJ Uncut

gilbertharding

Quote from: H-O-W-L on October 11, 2019, 05:49:04 AM
And it, like all his consecutive works, was just a big ole' crib from Rene Magritte. What a knobfucker Thorgerson was, honestly. Such an unpleasant seeming man from every interview I saw.

This MUST be the best album cover The Shadows ever did...

gilbertharding

purlieu

Quote from: gilbertharding on October 11, 2019, 10:04:09 AM
This MUST be the best album cover The Shadows ever did...

What, even better than this?

H-O-W-L

Quote from: gilbertharding on October 11, 2019, 10:05:54 AM
OK then:

Sorry, I like that. Mostly because you can tell it's entirely practical and actually there on her norks. Would be easy to shit it up with CGI.

NJ Uncut

Quote from: purlieu on October 11, 2019, 11:23:09 AM
What, even better than this?

Gotta admit I've love to hear the Shadows with their electric guitars not plugged in

NoSleep

Surely that's Angus Young there?

Pauline Walnuts

I feel this one got slightly ignored in the cascade of fetid excreta, and maybe be worth displaying in isolation.

And Jesus Wept.

Glebe

Quote from: NoSleep on October 11, 2019, 10:10:22 PMSurely that's Angus Young there?

Or Dennis the Menace? Wrong colour jumper, forget it...

Quote from: gilbertharding on October 11, 2019, 10:05:54 AM
OK then:

But this is a fantastic album cover. (Also I would like to have sex with Charli XCX, in case she's reading)

NJ Uncut

NJ Uncut

Finally, decades later, realising there's faces in the strawberries has pushed this over the edge for me

NJ Uncut

Execrable punning with middling execution (even for 1991)

alan nagsworth

Quote from: H-O-W-L on October 11, 2019, 08:43:00 PM
Sorry, I like that. Mostly because you can tell it's entirely practical and actually there on her norks. Would be easy to shit it up with CGI.

Dude that's almost certainly computer generated. It's not really even that good. The album itself however is fucking great.

Sebastian Cobb

Ambivalent about the new 808 State artwork.

jenna appleseed

is that just a stock photo from a smoke alarms and extractor fans company's catalogue?

purlieu

To: Graham Massey <808plate@808state.com>

Hey G, took this photo at Rusholme Job Centre, saw these fans on the ceiling and thought it looked like they spelled out 808 lol!

Not sure if you got that text about the Newbuild royalties but I could do with the cash so give us a ring next time you've got a minute.

Laters
Gerald

holyzombiejesus

Quote from: alan nagsworth on October 12, 2019, 11:39:04 AM
Dude that's almost certainly computer generated. It's not really even that good. The album itself however is fucking great.

There's footage of the photo shoot on one of her social media thingies.

buzby

Quote from: jenna appleseed on October 12, 2019, 08:51:12 PM
is that just a stock photo from a smoke alarms and extractor fans company's catalogue?
Designed by ehquestionmark (aka Vasim Bhatti, who made his name as house designer for Warp's hip-hop offshoot Lex Records).

The thing is, the background is clearly a suspended ceiling tile, but the speakers and smoke alarm have got external wiring going to them, which wouldn't be necessary with a suspended ceiling.

gilbertharding

Quote from: buzby on October 12, 2019, 09:40:41 PM
Designed by ehquestionmark (aka Vasim Bhatti, who made his name as house designer for Warp's hip-hop offshoot Lex Records).

The thing is, the background is clearly a suspended ceiling tile, but the speakers and smoke alarm have got external wiring going to them, which wouldn't be necessary with a suspended ceiling.

I don't think those lines are supposed to be wiring conduit, because of the 'problem' of what's going on at the top of the image. I thought that was supposed to be the suspension grid, but that isn't it either.

And you wouldn't have more than one thing (fan, smoke detector, alarm sounder) per 600x600mm tile. It's all wrong.