Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 09:13:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

My Unusally Strong Tongue

Started by monkfromhavana, March 28, 2024, 01:31:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkfromhavana

A few years ago, I made one of my few trips to the dentist during my life and was told that I couldn't have filling in my lower deck due to my "Unusually strong and large tongue", unless the beast was sedated first. Being a real man, I did nothing.

Today, after many, many weeks of pain in the same lower deck area, I returned to the dentist where I was told that I could go for a crown, BUT again due to my "unusually strong and large tongue" I would have to be sedated and the wait time for this could be a couple of months. They struggled even to get an x-ray due to my tongue.

So I'm going to have to have the bastard tooth extracted, which apparently my tongue can cope with.

Has a hitherto unremarkable piece of your body every caused you so much grief?

Also, how many teeth can you have removed before you start struggling to eat / looking like a meth head? This will be my second, and I sense false teeth soon *shudder*.

MrMealDeal

Quote from: monkfromhavana on March 28, 2024, 01:31:32 PMwas told that I couldn't have filling in my lower deck due to my "Unusually strong and large tongue", unless the beast was sedated first.

Probably worth adding this to your Tinder profile

steve98

Quote from: monkfromhavana on March 28, 2024, 01:31:32 PMAlso, how many teeth can you have removed before you start struggling to eat / looking like a meth head? This will be my second, and I sense false teeth soon *shudder*.

I've had 4 out now, all uppers; and I'm starting to struggle - I'm mostly chewing with my front teeth. If I'd been given a choice, I'd have said - 2 from the top and 2 from the bottom please Carol (for the symmetry); but they don't let you choose.

dontpaintyourteeth

Senior Baiano

Not bringing my missus to a Coventry meet that's for sure

madhair60

Quote from: Senior Baiano on March 28, 2024, 04:25:52 PMNot bringing my missus to a Coventry meet that's for sure

in case he eats her pussy? is that the implication here. i'm sorry if this seems at all foreward

Senior Baiano

Yeah, in case he tongues her clitoris

madhair60

thank you and again i apologise if i was overtly forward

Senior Baiano

Not at all, always happy to clarify

Underturd

Bonus points if she's called Clare.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: Senior Baiano on March 28, 2024, 04:30:11 PMYeah, in case he tongues her clitoris

IT'S A SERIOUS MEDICAL CONDITION

shiftwork2

I have the same thing.  My dentist said putting a crown on lower left 8 (the back molar) was the most difficult bit of dentistry he'd ever done.  He's only 26 or something so that means fuck all.  I didn't know there was a benzo option as I would most definitely have gone for that.

Generally, if you can afford it, go for the option that keeps the tooth.  You need your choppers.

monkfromhavana

Quote from: shiftwork2 on March 28, 2024, 05:58:46 PMI have the same thing.  My dentist said putting a crown on lower left 8 (the back molar) was the most difficult bit of dentistry he'd ever done.  He's only 26 or something so that means fuck all.  I didn't know there was a benzo option as I would most definitely have gone for that.

Generally, if you can afford it, go for the option that keeps the tooth.  You need your choppers.

I agree, but the dentist said that waiting for a sedation appointment (I'd have to go to Birmingham dental hospital) might take a few months, and with the pain I've been in for the past 3 weeks (today's appointment was made 2.5 weeks ago) I can't really wait any more (lower left 6 by the way). The root is exposed at the moment so is fucking killing.

I had a look at private dentists, but sticking a crown in clocks in at around £700...then you have the appointment costs, sedation costs etc etc would end up costing me a grand, which I'm not paying. I'm 46 and this will only be my 2nd extraction, so denture time will probably hit in around 15 years.

One escape route I have is that my partner is Polish and her mum is a nurse in the local hospital and knows EVERYONE involved in medicine in their town, so I might hop over there at some point and get implants at a fraction of the cost they put them in over here.

shoulders

Hi we're the NHS cradle to grave like, get sick, here we are

Oh great, my tooth is bad

Heh... tooth?! How's that a body part?!

Tony Tony Tony

Was hoping to see "and I breathe through my ears" added after the thread title.

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: shoulders on March 28, 2024, 07:46:06 PMHi we're the NHS cradle to grave like, get sick, here we are

Oh great, my tooth is bad

Heh... tooth?! How's that a body part?!

mama mia, im nye benavio, inventer of da en hatch essa

the toppings, they cost-a extra