Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 11:58:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 23/24

Started by Blue Jam, June 26, 2023, 03:55:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

He must have eaten some dodgy moules marinière.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on August 29, 2023, 12:18:00 PMBrecel seemed to be playing with very little spark - probably hungover and suffering with arse filler injections.

The Brecelicious Booty is all natural, baby.

Where were you watching? Been thinking of getting a Matchroom subscription but it's difficult to see exactly what I'd get with that, and I've read the site is a bit buggy. Anyone here ever signed up to Bazzavision, and could you recommend it?

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 29, 2023, 12:51:00 PMThe Brecelicious Booty is all natural, baby.

Where were you watching? Been thinking of getting a Matchroom subscription but it's difficult to see exactly what I'd get with that, and I've read the site is a bit buggy. Anyone here ever signed up to Bazzavision, and could you recommend it?

I'm a little ashamed to say that I caught about six matches on 'unofficial' online sources. Pretty iffy quality tbh and drop outs are frequent but I'm seriously loathe to sub to another channel.

The rest I saw at my local old man pub, including the semis and final.

I will probably wait for a decent reduction on Eurosport of Peacock or however the fuck I would get it here in Ireland.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on August 29, 2023, 01:04:35 PMIreland

Ah, so you don't have the option of TNT for £30 a month? That's just too much when I just want the snooker, I don't mind paying for it but I'd like to find a better deal.

I miss Eurosport :(

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Blue Jam on August 29, 2023, 01:07:09 PMAh, so you don't have the option of TNT for £30 a month? That's just too much when I just want the snooker, I don't mind paying for it but I'd like to find a better deal.

I miss Eurosport :(

I do too!

I honestly haven't even looked into it because my TV is still in storage so not something I've bothered with.

I live in a country where the main radio advert is Ken Doherty selling van insurance and where snooker is much watched so having local boozers screening tournaments is fantastic.

Minami Minegishi

Is anyone else watching the Shanghai Masters?

Compelling stuff with a ridiculous number of deciding frames.

The Ronnie/Higgins match was pretty incredible.

I will concede there is a lack of 'atmos' but it's also nice watching Ronnie play without an inordinate number of tits in the audience.

The Culture Bunker

Not seen any of the action, but did chuckle when I checked the results and saw Bob the Bumpkin had beaten forum fave Shaun Murphy.

Kankurette

Cometh the hour, cometh the Milkman.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on September 14, 2023, 11:32:38 AMIs anyone else watching the Shanghai Masters?

Amazon Prime inexplicably offering me another free trial. Caved in. Gwaaaarn Hoss.

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 14, 2023, 07:25:21 PMAmazon Prime inexplicably offering me another free trial. Caved in. Gwaaaarn Hoss.

A Eurosport trial? OOoh nice!

Blue Jam

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on September 15, 2023, 01:52:50 AMA Eurosport trial? OOoh nice!

No, Amazon Prime, still had to pay for the Discovery+ add-on. Only £6.99 in total though which isnae bad.

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 15, 2023, 07:59:41 AMNo, Amazon Prime, still had to pay for the Discovery+ add-on. Only £6.99 in total though which isnae bad.

That's worth it - I will definitely look at something like that come the Spring season. Bazzer deserves a little kick back for all my iffy shtreaming

shoulders

He really doesn't.

Take it back to playing in clubs with cigs and a pint.

Blue Jam

https://wst.tv/new-snooker-club-podcast-launches-september-20th/

QuoteSeven-time World Champion Stephen Hendry and comedian Mark Watson will be the hosts of our new podcast 'Snooker Club', set to launch on Wednesday September 20th.

That's something to look forward to isn't it?

QuoteIn episode one, discover revelations from Hendry including which player he thinks is the best never to win the World Championship, and what type of sauce he prefers with deep fried haggis.

Minami Minegishi

Jimmy White Cheese Sauce

Blue Jam

Ronnie's into the final. Playing either The Thunder From Down Under or The Booty From Belgium. Tasty.

sevendaughters

that's weird, I met Watson the other night too.

Minami Minegishi

I really, really don't want to body shame, but it's rather lovely to see that the Bullet has clearly been enjoying his World Championship earnings with loads of champers and pomme frites.

He's packing some serious rear luggage and I'm a fan of that.

Anyway, this is going to be another Ronnie win I suspect. He dispatched Higgins and Selby with comparative ease, despite being under-form. I would dearly love the Bullet to once again prove his prowess though - his cue action all tournament has been effortless and graceful.

shoulders

Minami Minegishi

The Massive Michelin Man from Maasmechelen

(He's from Maasmechelen)

Kankurette

Selby will be happy with that Leicester result.

Blue Jam

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on September 15, 2023, 06:05:15 PMI really, really don't want to body shame, but it's rather lovely to see that the Bullet has clearly been enjoying his World Championship earnings with loads of champers and pomme frites.

I'd like to think he's been "drinking, partying and playing FIFA" since his big win. Going on a year-long bender like Mark Williams in 2018.

Minami Minegishi

Quote from: Blue Jam on September 16, 2023, 11:35:35 AMI'd like to think he's been "drinking, partying and playing FIFA" since his big win. Going on a year-long bender like Mark Williams in 2018.

He somehow gets away with it because he's playing very well. If I was him I would also be continuing this winning formula. Brecel Vs Ronnie in a final is a ridiculously hot ticket the lucky Shanghai fuckers. 

Come on bullet! Dispatch the curly-haired hoon today!

Blue Jam

Quote from: Minami Minegishi on September 16, 2023, 11:41:57 AMBrecel Vs Ronnie in a final is a ridiculously hot ticket the lucky Shanghai fuckers. 

Lucky fuckers indeed.

Half the world away from Essex and there are still a load of GWAAAAAAARN RONNIEs in the house.

Minami Minegishi

I'm not sure if people are behind on this but at the moment
Spoiler alert
it's 6-3 to our big bummed Belgian bun.
[close]

Kankurette

Blue Jam

Good final so far. Luca making his usual crazy shot choices which usually pay off but Ronnie swooping in every single time they don't. EDIT: Ronnie making a good few crucial errors though...

Blue Jam

The Belgian Bumlord has come from behind. This match is tight as arse cheeks.

Blue Jam

No-one else watching? Ronnie needed the black to tie and got it tight to centre of the black cushion only for Luca to double it into the yellow pocket. Crazy frame.