Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:43:14 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Labour Party - Just about as bad as you can get

Started by Johnny Yesno, November 30, 2020, 12:30:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian Cobb

jobotic

Quote from: gib on January 18, 2021, 11:35:19 AM
My point is that you're not allowed to go to the barber at the moment. Say what you like about Johnson but it's clear he's not breaking lockdown rules to get his hair done.

Bung a bob for Boris' barber bubble

Buelligan

Quote from: Sebastian Cobb on January 18, 2021, 11:40:33 AM
I bet Sajid Javid doesn't

He's the worst.  Can't get enough of it.  's like nail biting, why d'you think his head's that shape?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: gib on January 18, 2021, 11:38:36 AM
Probably. But surely that's not allowed in lockdown either.

He's clearly breaking the rules because that mussed up hair is pure image consultant.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Buelligan on January 18, 2021, 11:43:13 AM
He's the worst.  Can't get enough of it.  's like nail biting, why d'you think his head's that shape?

No idea. It's like someone's tried to do a 'face replace' photoshop but scaled the facial features slightly too small for the head they're placing them on.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Johnny Yesno on January 18, 2021, 11:46:00 AM
He's clearly breaking the rules because that mussed up hair is pure image consultant.

Remember when at the end of the first lockdown he told a squeeing Kuenssberg that what he's most looking forward to was a haircut and a pint, despite still having the same haircut as usual?

Johnny Yesno

Sebastian Cobb

dissolute ocelot

Quote from: jobotic on January 18, 2021, 10:54:25 AM
So is Monica Lennon preferable to Anas Sarwar or does none of it matter?
Clearly it doesn't matter. Except, Sarwar is the sort of awful centrist machine politician who's responsible for Labour's vote in Scotland plummeting (there are many causes, but decades of mismanagement by incompetent Labour numpties especially in the West is definitely important, as is the failure to come up with any dynamic or interesting policy or presentation, and the tedious infighting and internal politicking). Lennon doesn't seem a great candidate but who else is there? Admittedly I don't follow Scottish politics as closely as I should, but she's Labour's health spokesperson yet seems to have said or done very little: Leonard was making far more of the running on Covid than she was. The period poverty campaign was good, and it makes her one of the higher-profile Labour MSPs out of a small and shallow pond, but is that it? Still, if Scottish Labour is to have a future it needs to make a break and go for someone new not just Sarwar to manage the decline. On the other hand, she could be Kezia Dugdale mk 2.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Tories abstaining on an opposition day motion to abandon plans to cut universal credit. Keith has the nerve to call the decision to abstain 'pathetic'.

NoSleep

What is the point of him getting up in the morning?

bgmnts

He might actually be one of the most worthless human beings on the planet, considering his earnings and power etc.

Buelligan

Even without the earnings/power shit.  Whose life, apart from his own, is he improving?  What is his fucking product?

NoSleep

Continuing misery for all. But with an apologetic expression.

scarecrow

This made me chuckle: https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1351172159968837634

There are countless photos of Corbyn genuinely helping - usually surrounded by fellow volunteers - whereas Keith treats us to this weirdly stage-managed glimpse of the Opposition Leader alone on foodbank patrol.

It's good that he's actually opposing the Tories for once though.

greenman

Looks like he's swaggering away having planted a bomb like some popped collar middle management ninja, Scorpion? Sub Zero? no Optics is the new guy in town.

Blumf

"There won't be any poor people near me, will there?"

Safe amongst the plastic cartons.

Zetetic

Practically, he needs to look where he's going instead of thinking about the Finest Hour or whatever.

bgmnts

Just got an email from Louise Magee at Welsh Labour and now I'm sort of umming and ahhing over it. I genuinely like Mark Drakeford and he seems to be on the left side of the spectrum and so it'd be a shame to bin that, but I also think its time to get as far away from Westminster as possible and have a crack at ruining our country for ourselves.

pancreas

Posted without further comment.

https://twitter.com/JamesEFoster/status/1351217369176272899?s=20

PS. OH MY FUCKING CHRIST YOU TOTAL AND UTTER PIECE OF SHIT

Sebastian Cobb

https://twitter.com/amphitryoniades/status/1351189101169446912

As of today, Starmer has been leader for as long as Corbyn was when Starmer resigned as shadow immigration minister.

Buelligan

He's such a disingenuous two-faced snake.  I really am beginning to actively loathe the man.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

If he had said "I am AB-solutely sexy enough" at least then the nation might have paid attention.

Has he, or any of the dribbling triangulators in his cabal realised that these days, for the leader to have any support beyond technocrats/the administrative classes he has to present a human face and become a public figure as Boris had done for years.

Vast swathes are so apolitical that half the task is actually making sure people know that you exist beyond a sort of dim flicker of you spouting total platitudes in a 1 minute interview.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Starmer is so permanently tense, grimaced and clenched in his (AB-solute) determination to deflect attention away from himself, which is a pretty crucial failing when you're supposed to be a fucking leader.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Buelligan on January 18, 2021, 07:26:46 PM
He's such a disingenuous two-faced snake.  I really am beginning to actively loathe the man.

beginning?

Buelligan

BlodwynPig

BlodwynPig

Mr. Keir Starmer is the biggest threat to British Interests since Baby Hitler.

lipsink

Keir Starmer is like the middle management guy told he can't do the office annual presentation as last year when the slides crashed he froze.

pancreas

QuoteWelsh Westminster voting intention:

LAB: 36% (-7)
CON: 33% (+1)
PC: 17% (+4)
REFUK: 5% (+5)*
GRN: 4% (+1)
LDEM: 3% (-)

via
@YouGov
, 11 - 14 Jan
Chgs. w/ 30 Oct 2020