Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:01:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Unfinished Swan

Started by The Βoston Crab, November 02, 2012, 01:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Βoston Crab

The first hour of this game is something I've never experienced before in a game. Maybe it helped that I'd not heard anything about it before I downloaded it on a whim. It kept me frowning and grinning throughout, a real bedtime sory world to discover/create.

I stopped after an hour though because I'm moving house today. Bye, I'll probably never return.

Moribunderast

Yeah, I just downloaded this and played for an hour or so. Am up to Chapter 3. It's quite wondrous, the sense of exploration this game creates as each new environment unfolds before you. I too went into it pretty blind, to the point where I've already encountered elements that I hadn't expected and they made me grin like a fool. Hopefully the magic stays for the entire playthrough because thus far I'd say it sits comfortably alongside PSN titles Journey and Limbo as recent independent games that have cultivated a genuine sense of wonder and wrung a real emotional reaction from my normally cold and apathetic core.

Sexton Brackets Drugbust

I completed this the other day - lovely, charming game that moves on from it's primary conceit to keep things interesting. It's remarkable how well the paint splatter idea works. It was also a treat to find that, in chapter 4 -
Spoiler alert
the king is voiced by Mr. Terry Gilliam, which is a good fit as the theme of the game really seems to chime with the spirit of many of his films
[close]

One of the trophies is to get through the very first area without using more than 3 paint balls. Considering you'd be wandering through a solid white void, that's insane.