Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 10:10:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2019

Started by dr beat, January 12, 2019, 03:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flouncer

Bing the Merciless leaves Dotty walking off dejected to ring the samaritans from the Crucible payphone.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Now we have a guaranteed gammon in the next round, what's the likeliest gammon-on-gammon encounter?

kidney

Riggins v Bingham, more gammon than a Chelsea home crowd.

imitationleather

Quote from: kidney on April 23, 2019, 10:57:04 PM
Riggins v Bingham

Ah, the battle of the two lads who would clearly be happier sat on the floor in their pants eating a big mountain of scotch eggs rather than playing bloody snooker.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: kidney on April 23, 2019, 10:57:04 PM
Riggins v Bingham, more gammon than a Chelsea home crowd.

Gammano-a-mano

Something shameless about the repulsive snooty-nosed pig in shit Bingham. Bet he openly farts at home and just shrugs. Champion mate. Champion of the world. I fuggin played Laz Veygas me MGM Grand

Blue Jam

Quote from: imitationleather on April 23, 2019, 01:13:40 PM
I'm watching James Cahill be interviewed. He's camper than the average snooker player, isn't he?

Please don't tell me he's in UKIP too.

I have undertaken an in-depth analysis of Cahill's tweets and can only conclude that he's a nice Northern lad who loves his mam. So far he seems mercifully free of the ravages of UKIP membership and baldness. Give him time.

It seems that Ronnie has also been back on Twitter, but only to delete the posts plugging his cookbook of champions. I don't know if it was out of embarrassment or if his nutritionist's lawyers made him do it.

Blue Jam

I hope Ali Carter wins the championship and celebrates by going on a two-week bender, then wakes up on May the 24th and realises he forgot to vote for The Brexit Party.

Puce Moment

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 23, 2019, 09:20:02 PM
Zhou leading Allen 4 frames to nil now. It's the children's table today.

I'm also glad Ronnie's out- Puce Moment, after replying to your great post earlier about the whole Ronnie at the Crucible experience, the last few days have just reminded me that I much prefer watching the young guns to the Class of '92, and as I love an underdog I generally find myself rooting for Ronnie's opponents anyway. I also loathe the way the pundits blather on about him as if he is snooker itself, it'd be good to have the spotlight on some new talent this year.

I'm right behind Cahill now, and glad I'll be seeing him and not Ronnie play Maguire when I head to the Crucible on Saturday. I'm also glad I didn't chicken out of putting that fiver on him...

I wish I had put a tenner on Cahill - his final frame proves he has that Oh so loathsome youthful arrogance to get him through the nerves of the Crucible. I am really happy that Ronjo was knocked out because it opens up the tournament, especially with so many Lovely Chinese Lads coming through. My only worry is the effect on the game generally - if Ronnie is starting to finally slow down or lose his marbles or both, he may retire to pundit for Eurosport.

The thought of the BBC and lovely Hazel losing the world championship, or even the Crucible not renewing the host location contract, makes me genuinely scared!

Norton Canes

Un-Nooh edging Trump

So to speak

Norton Canes

Quote from: Puce Moment on April 24, 2019, 10:37:02 AM
I am really happy that Ronjo was knocked out because it opens up the tournament, especially with so many Lovely Chinese Lads coming through

Steady, Dennis

Quote from: Puce Moment on April 24, 2019, 10:37:02 AM
The thought of the BBC and lovely Hazel losing the world championship, or even the Crucible not renewing the host location contract, makes me genuinely scared

Obviously want it to stay at the Croos but if Hazel goes I would be happy to see more of Seema Jaswal

sevendaughters

Un-Nooh is a lot of fun, I am generally a fan of puritanical snooker but i. I want an Asian player to win and ii. this guy is a breath of fresh air to me, a jaded man.

Norton Canes

Trump appears to be regaining his mojo.

petril

Quote from: Norton Canes on April 24, 2019, 11:46:43 AM
Trump appears to be regaining his mojo.

make omerica jreat ogain

Flouncer

Looks like the young Thai player has forced a decider.

imitationleather

Quote from: Flouncer on April 24, 2019, 12:47:13 PM
Looks like the young Thai player has forced a decider.

I am enjoying how everyone refers to him as young even though, at 34, he's five years older than Trump (Judd).

kidney

exceptionally NAWTY final frame

imitationleather

Hmm. No one likes to see a bald man triumph.

Flouncer

Oh man... What a time to miscue.

BlodwynPig

sevendaughters

watching Wilson-Donaldson on the other table, Scott Donaldson looks like he's just walked out of a 60s TV play, instant fan.

sevendaughters

Zhou is very smooth, both sartorially and his cue action, delicate even.

Blue Jam

I can't watch right now, is Zhou still dressed like he's come straight from Spider-Man's wedding?

(credit to Dr Beat)

Flouncer

He looks a bit like a Triad hit man.

kidney

Mark Allen's doing a Dott here lads.

daf

Is Mark Williams still in this? *

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
* (I ain't seen him . . . right!)

sevendaughters

Quote from: daf on April 24, 2019, 05:29:51 PM
Is Mark Williams still in this? *

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
* (I ain't seen him . . . right!)

he beat Martin Gould 10-7 in rd 1 and plays David Gilbert starting Friday

daf

Whoo-Hoo!

Go-Go-Go Potato man!

imitationleather

Hope Jack Lisowski wins 10:0.

Blue Jam

Yeah, I'd like to see GOB II crash out here too.

Flouncer

Ali Sharter just got an incredible break to force a respotted black, but lost the respot. What a donut!