Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:08:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Snooker 2019

Started by dr beat, January 12, 2019, 03:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flouncer

Oh dear, Maguire losing his rag! It's looking good for a close session tomorrow, Blue Jam.

imitationleather

Australia has found a cure for AIDS!

biggytitbo

Mark Williams had chest AIDS - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/48073349

QuoteWorld snooker champion Mark Williams has gone to hospital with chest pains following the opening session of his second-round World Championship game at the Crucible.

Blue Jam

Just went for a couple of overpriced beers in the Mercure bar and spotted AIDS chatting to John Parrott in between swaggering round in his open waistcoast like he owned the place. He's taller than I imagined and his leather-bound cue case looks rather fancy but he still has a tiny fucking face.

Admittedly this is exactly the kind of thing I came to Sheffield for.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 26, 2019, 09:57:34 PM
Just went for a couple of overpriced beers in the Mercure bar and spotted AIDS chatting to John Parrott in between swaggering round in his open waistcoast like he owned the place. He's taller than I imagined and his leather-bound cue case looks rather fancy but he still has a tiny fucking face.

Get an autograph...anyone's. If you see Ebdon, tell him he reminds me of a dull Steven Wilson from Porcupine Tree - and I love him.

Puce Moment

Quote from: Blue Jam on April 26, 2019, 09:57:34 PM

Fantastic - hang around the bar to the wee hours and all-sorts will show their face. There is a reason why the nugget looks so bleary-eyed for those 10am starts.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Ken Doherty is worth spotting - he's so small he's about 64% horrific facial scar.

Shoulders?-Stomach!

Quote from: poo on April 26, 2019, 03:30:58 PM
Great to watch Williams when he gets in the groove.

Well these chest pains I've read he's having may see to that permanently

poo

I keep my wife up to date with the snooker whether she likes it or not. She doesn't. She only half listens. Yesterday as I was splayed out on the sofa nursing a mackerel-y semoid, she asked me how the "rapist from Chester" was getting on.

Blue Jam

She's obviously been lurking here...

Flouncer

The A&E at Northern General isn't great for chest pains in my experience. My dad went there for that reason about eight years ago; they said he had indegestion and fucked him off home. The next day he had a heart attack, was brought back in an ambulance in extreme pain, so they gave him two paracetamol and stuck him in a cubicle for four hours where he nearly died. When a doctor eventually saw him he was rushed into surgery. I wouldn't be surprised if Mark keeled over and died in the middle of this match.

poo

What's the latest - is he playing?

poo

poo

Love Mark Williams. He manages to be both a bona fide wild Valleys kev and an enigmatic and quirky sporting genius.

jobotic

poo

What is the atmos like there BJ? I imagine the thrill of a world-class sporting occasion mixed with utter desolation. A heady cocktail. I must go soon.

Blue Jam

I love Williams too, even if both he and Gilbert are all over the shop right now, when only Williams has a decent excuse...

Quote from: poo on April 27, 2019, 10:58:55 AM
What is the atmos like there BJ? I imagine the thrill of a world-class sporting occasion mixed with utter desolation. A heady cocktail. I must go soon.

I got excited spotting Shaun Murphy, is that enough desolation for you?

We're at Crucible Corner right now watching the morning session on telly, we're heading in for Cahill vs Maguire at 2.30, and we're #TeamCahill all the way. I'm wearing a purple top and Dr Beat is wearing a nice light blue shirt if you want to try and spot a couple of CaBbers in the wild.

poo

Blue Jam

Selby getting gassed out by Ledge right now

Rolf Lundgren

Was anyone watching on Red Button? At the start of that last frame it suddenly cut to Bologna warming up with Kanye West's "Power" playing before cutting back to the snooker from the back row of the Crucible with no commentary or graphics. Very strange.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: Flouncer on April 27, 2019, 10:27:35 AM
The A&E at Northern General isn't great for chest pains in my experience. My dad went there for that reason about eight years ago; they said he had indegestion and fucked him off home. The next day he had a heart attack, was brought back in an ambulance in extreme pain, so they gave him two paracetamol and stuck him in a cubicle for four hours where he nearly died. When a doctor eventually saw him he was rushed into surgery. I wouldn't be surprised if Mark keeled over and died in the middle of this match.

Probably worth a new thread - I've been having chest twinges and pains recently. I'm wondering how severe the pains need to be before getting checked out. If I'm silent on here for more than 3 days, you'll know I've gone.

poo

Quote from: Rolf Lundgren on April 27, 2019, 02:00:57 PM
Was anyone watching on Red Button? At the start of that last frame it suddenly cut to Bologna warming up with Kanye West's "Power" playing before cutting back to the snooker from the back row of the Crucible with no commentary or graphics. Very strange.

Yeah. The web stream has been a bit variable!

biggytitbo

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 27, 2019, 02:10:54 PM
Probably worth a new thread - I've been having chest twinges and pains recently. I'm wondering how severe the pains need to be before getting checked out. If I'm silent on here for more than 3 days, you'll know I've gone.

RIP in advance.

imitationleather

Quote from: BlodwynPig on April 27, 2019, 02:10:54 PM

You should go and get it checked out for peace of mind if nothing else.

BlodwynPig

Quote from: imitationleather on April 27, 2019, 02:23:51 PM
You should go and get it checked out for peace of mind if nothing else.

Have to wait until I'm back in the toon. Probably just stress...I'll be fine ;)

If not, I'd just like to say a few words of...*

Flouncer

I've opted for Blue Jam's match - I'm having gammon and chips for tea so watching Higgins would put me off my food.

poo

imitationleather

The co-commentator sounds like a fat, small-faced, God-bothering cunt of the highest order. Who is it?

Flouncer

I think I just saw Blue Jam and Dr Beat (naturally I'm wanking as I type this). Hope you're having a good time. This is looking like a really good match!