Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:16:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Ok boomer

Started by The Boston Crab, November 13, 2019, 10:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

We have had a FLOUNCE ladies and gentlemen

madhair60

imitationleather

Oh, madhair60 is flouncing? Fina-fucking-ly.

Corbyn : not a boomer

The childe tory who wrote that Spectator article : boomer as fuck

idunnosomename

Quote from: Chollis on November 13, 2019, 03:49:16 PM
boomer are you OK
are you OK
are you OK
are you OK boomer
paedo thread declared

canadagoose

I don't get why people are getting upset about it. It's a light-hearted way of saying "that was an old-fashioned / conservative comment". I mean, with all the wank about millennials and avocado toast you get on FB, they must have seen it coming. Surely.

Twed

The Pet Shop Boys are boomers, it would be ridiculous to think they're bad based on age group

kngen

Quite aside from anything else, compared to 'Are you not dead yet?'*, which was me and my mates' response to auld fuds ticking us off for some intransigence or other, 'OK boomer' seems both rather tame and sophisticated by comparison. Also, we called them 'auld fuds'.

*courtesy of Jerry Sadowitz

Chollis

I always quite liked 'coffin dodger'

Icehaven

Quote from: Kryton on November 13, 2019, 02:58:06 PM
Yeah 82 I was born, so I see these millennial vs boomer posts and just roll my eyes/ cringe a little.

I've just googled it and apparently I, and in some definitions you, are 'Generation X', which is early 60s to late 70s births in some definitions, but up to early 80s in others. Reading the characteristics etc. though I still feel too young, it goes on about unfocussed 20something slackers watching MTV and wanting to smoke crack at a time when I was more concerned with taping the charts and going skateboarding (and not in the cool way).

Space ghost

Maybe you're a gen xennial?

Twed

You're a Xennial, Harry.

imitationleather

Me and my mates are always sitting around and mentioning stuff that was popular in the '90s.

"Do you remember the '90s, Stew? Aaaaaah!"

jobotic

Can't imagine I'll ever say okay boomer, even if Paulie doesn't like it. But old for Twitter memes.

Fucking gammon cunt though, no problem.

Kryton

Quote from: icehaven on November 13, 2019, 04:10:55 PM
I've just googled it and apparently I, and in some definitions you, are 'Generation X', which is early 60s to late 70s births in some definitions, but up to early 80s in others. Reading the characteristics etc. though I still feel too young, it goes on about unfocussed 20something slackers watching MTV and wanting to smoke crack at a time when I was more concerned with taping the charts and going skateboarding (and not in the cool way).

Yeah we're certainly on the cusp. The divide of generations is quite debatable.

I like to think I neither find myself wanting to capitalise on owning several houses at the expense of younger generations and causing foreign wars whilst tutting at young 'uns and banging on about the 60's/70's, nor do I have any hankering for tide pods on toast and having a shrunken supramarginal gyrus and a lack of empathy whilst going out committing knife crime/screaming at fortnite and talking in 4chan-esque memes or whatever it is the Millennials do (as a result of their lack of culture and/or youth clubs).

In short our generation is the best generation.

Cardenio I

you woudltn sya the n word would you:?

Kryton

I mean my generation has no culture either, but whatever Grandad/Kid.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Twed

Quote from: alan nagsworth on November 13, 2019, 03:39:45 PM
veganism/animal rights campaigns or left wing ideals or global warming activism or LGBTQ+ rights or anything else that is generally good for the world

wait what

Icehaven

Quote from: Twed on November 13, 2019, 04:13:02 PM
You're a Xennial, Harry.

Yeah I'll go with that, sounds like Star Trek baddies. "Janeway to bridge, put the shields up, the Xennials may be preparing to attack, and I don't like the look of those original Nokia 3310s..."

Sherringford Hovis

Boober is the least OK of all the Fraggles. He's superstitious, afraid of heights, allergic to dogs, a hypochondriac, a pessimist with an unshakeable sense of impending doom and about the only thing he enjoys doing is watching laundry dry.

the problem with ok boomer? it's rude, not nice

part of the reason punk died is because almost everyone who grew up listening to it is a melt now who can't abide cheeky nose thumbing or mild disrespect

Quote from: Monsieur Verdoux on November 13, 2019, 04:28:22 PM
the problem with ok boomer? it's rude, not nice

part of the reason punk died is because almost everyone who grew up listening to it is a melt now who can't abide cheeky nose thumbing or mild disrespect

ok boomer

Thursday

It's hilarious the reaction it's got because it's so mild. It's like claiming that saying "shut up, old man" is hateful oppression. Absolutely brilliant.

Cuellar

idunnosomename

worse than raping a baby.

sponk

Quote from: Thursday on November 13, 2019, 05:43:41 PM
It's hilarious the reaction it's got because it's so mild. It's like claiming that saying "shut up, old man" is hateful oppression. Absolutely brilliant.

And a swastika is only a little shape! Why do people get so angry when you paint one on their house??

imitationleather

Quote from: sponk on November 13, 2019, 05:54:10 PM
And a swastika is only a little shape! Why do people get so angry when you paint one on their house??

Dropping you down to a third now.