Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 04:58:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrGreggles

Hundreds of thousands of pounds are invested into West End musicals at the pre-production stage.
Who's writing the cheques for Pope Ted?

MojoJojo

Someone mentioned the Book of Mormon taking 7 years to be produced. Its not a full time thing though, Matt Parker and Trey Stone were producing other things during that time. Which is what Linehan would be doing if he could pull himself out of his obsession.

Ferris

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on May 22, 2022, 05:03:01 PMSorry to be pedantic but Father Ted was produced in the UK for Channel 4 and was a fairly mainstream hit which still gets repeated pretty frequently on British screens. It may not be quite the pervasive cultural institution for UK audiences that Only Fools and Horses is, but it's a bit inaccurate to say that the show's reach doesn't extend much outside Ireland.

It absolutely has reach outside Ireland, but it has most residual fondness (read: potential punters) on the Emerald Isle. That's why I suggested a run in London, before retiring to Ireland for longevity, then being quietly shuttered.

JaDanketies

Quote from: MojoJojo on May 22, 2022, 05:06:00 PMSomeone mentioned the Book of Mormon taking 7 years to be produced. Its not a full time thing though, Matt Parker and Trey Stone were producing other things during that time. Which is what Linehan would be doing if he could pull himself out of his obsession.

His former BIL worked with Matt and Trey recently in deep fake series 'Sassy Justice'. Imagine wanting to write a successful musical, having that kind of nepotistic connection - you could literally talk to someone who was working alongside the most successful musical-writers in the world over a glass of wine and a Sunday dinner and with him smiling at your wife and bringing her a gift before he arrives - and then fucking it all up because you need to tweet transphobic hatred at the guitarist in a small Bristol-based death metal band

DigForVictory

Tim Heidecker on his social media has pledged "no weirdo anti trans special guests on my summer tour".

Not sure what that's in reference too, but nice to see a famous comedian come out and say something like that. As far as I'm aware Graham Linehan was a fan of Tim and Eric and they'd said nice things about him many years ago, before he went bananas.

Old Nehamkin

Quote from: DigForVictory on May 22, 2022, 05:12:44 PMTim Heidecker on his social media has pledged "no weirdo anti trans special guests on my summer tour".

Not sure what that's in reference too, but nice to see a famous comedian come out and say something like that. As far as I'm aware Graham Linehan was a fan of Tim and Eric and they'd said nice things about him many years ago, before he went bananas.

It's in reference to Dave Chapelle turning up as a surprise guest at a John Mulaney gig the other day.

DigForVictory

Quote from: Old Nehamkin on May 22, 2022, 05:15:14 PMIt's in reference to Dave Chapelle turning up as a surprise guest at a John Mulaney gig the other day.

Ah right ok.

Still nice to hear that from him. Tim seems a good guy.

BennyHedgehog

Quote from: DigForVictory on May 22, 2022, 05:12:44 PMTim Heidecker on his social media has pledged "no weirdo anti trans special guests on my summer tour".

Colonel Bananas was taking exception to it during his birthday party to confused looks from Penislady and Marty

The Late Satoru Iwata

I think we've got off track with Pope Ted and whether it would be a hit when the thing we need to remember is it'll never happen. Not because of 'them', whichever them it is this time, but because it'll never coalesce into a solid enough shape to produce.

retsuza

Kankurette

That 'keeping my daughter safe' thing is so creepy. How is he keeping a kid he doesn't know safe?

JaDanketies

Quote from: retsuza on May 22, 2022, 06:44:55 PMhttps://twitter.com/bornagedie/status/1528421211495190532?t=RSXvdVTVDAD_4ieIn-wqZw&s=19

And she has pointed out that he also shares his birthday with such pricks as Lawrence Fox and Morrissey. There must be something in this astrology malarkey

mtpromises

Graham Linehan has no friends.  The reason he calls team terf "the better friends part of your life" is because he's never had a friend.  Arty Morty and Moley are the closest things he's ever had to actual friends.

Everyone BC calls a "friend" is a co-worker.  Arthur Matthews is not Graham's friend.  It's clear they never hang out and have never had a friendship outside of being co-workers.  As to Arthur's agreement with BC, he gave Graham the idea for the trans episode of the IT Crowd.  He was reading a book about a footballer that was in the same situation Douglas was in and he thought it was funny enough to report to BC.  Graham has called Arthur an old punk, but he reads books about footballers?  Suspect.

Quote from: DigForVictory on May 22, 2022, 05:18:35 PMAh right ok.

Still nice to hear that from him. Tim seems a good guy.
The director of S12 of On Cinema uses she/they in their Twitter bio.

phes

Quote from: mtpromises on May 22, 2022, 08:42:03 PMArthur Matthews is not Graham's friend.  It's clear they never hang out and have never had a friendship outside of being co-workers

Didn't they live together. Fairly sure they qualify as being/having been friends

Juan K Perros

Quote from: JaDanketies on May 22, 2022, 07:13:38 PMAnd she has pointed out that he also shares his birthday with such pricks as Lawrence Fox and Morrissey. There must be something in this astrology malarkey

I hope not, my kid's got the same as Jeffrey Dahmer.

The Bumlord

Are old punks not allowed to read books about footballers? When did this come in?

hexa

Quote from: Barry Admin on May 22, 2022, 12:04:45 AMAdd me to the list of people who found SOPHIE through these threads, and now can't get enough of her music. Absolutely phenomenal, been listening to everything I can find for the past couple of weeks.

Was devastated when I heard the news. I had tickets to see her at a festival that kept being pushed back due to COVID, and looking forward to that was one thing that was really keeping me sane during the worst bits of lockdown. An absolutely gutting loss for music in general, but the trans community in particular. It really felt like she was about to break through into a wider audience, and it's a real loss we never got to see what that was.

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 22, 2022, 06:33:00 AMI don't know if this is true or not.

If this is true then fucking Hell twitter is going to be even worse than usual for about a month

DreadedScotsman

So his birthday Vindaloo special amounted to what exactly?

jobotic

Quote from: Juan K Perros on May 22, 2022, 09:05:08 PMI hope not, my kid's got the same as Jeffrey Dahmer.

Did a double take there. Thought you'd written "my kid's got the same name as Jeffrey Dahmer".

Mister Six

Alberon

Yeah, don't blame him on that one. He looks like some disheveled butler.

mtpromises

Quote from: phes on May 22, 2022, 09:02:36 PMDidn't they live together. Fairly sure they qualify as being/having been friends
But as a business arrangement and because they couldn't afford to live any other way.  I think it's also telling the first time they had a cast that didn't have any charisma in the leads, Hippies, it broke up their partnership and "friendship".

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on May 22, 2022, 10:29:26 PMSo his birthday Vindaloo special amounted to what exactly?
  • Graham talked about Artie's ass being attractive. 
  • Helen has replaced her keyboard with a plant and one of those LED "neon" signs promoting her Wine With a Wino podcast. 
  • Graham thinks Bill Maher's name is pronounced Bill Meyer. 
  • Woke is bad. 
  • Gluck did research and Graham is mad no one is taking her super serious, she did research. 
  • Graham spoke about trans people with Alzheimer's in his typically cruel way and has a typically twisted take on a very delicate topic that affects people deeply.
  • Graham made up some shit about "Middle Class Trans"
  • BC called Tim Heidecker a friend.  It's like he meets someone once, and they followed each other on Twitter and they're "friends".
  • There will be a day of reckoning.
  • Something about the Green party, I wasn't paying that much attention.
  • Graham thinks serial killers have all stopped killing and are attacking feminists online.  The most interesting real theory about why there are no serial killers now is removing lead from gas.  Also trauma from WW2 and Vietnam is another one.
  • Stella O'Mally told BC a story about Hitler.
  • Graham has a bday date with his son.

Speaking of Stella O'Mally and Tim Heidecker.  If you haven't heard it, there was a very funny Twitter Space Meeting in December where rad fems got together with Stella O'Mally to talk feminism.  It devolved into the trial of Arty Morty's pedo connections and very much reminded me of The Trial of Tim Heidecker.  Not many comedies have put out long trials of their cast like The Mess and On Cinema have.

https://odysee.com/Arty__Morty_Pedo_Twitter_Space_Terf_Trial:e
The Moley inspired artwork was done before the recent Tim news.

phes

First they came for the trans people and I didn't stand up because i wasn't trans, and then they made us all go to dinner parties

shoulders

Bit Dr Strangelove, that
Grabbing his right arm tight so it doesn't sieg heil

canadagoose

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 22, 2022, 07:51:39 AM
They've already used the "You're being very SILLY if you think women have a WILLY". They discarded it about a year ago. They go through their weird incantations like nothing on earth.

JamesTC