Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 01:36:12 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Graham Linehan Episode XVIII: Help Me Elon Muskenobi, You're My Only Hope

Started by Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse, May 03, 2022, 09:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister Six

Quote from: JamesTC on May 22, 2022, 11:38:27 PMI only have one willy.

Very brave of you to admit that publicly; my commiserations. What happened to the other three?

wrec

I'm unhappy about this attempted vindaloo memeage. Hard to imagine him eating something that spicy, for one thing it would have his leg going like the clappers. We have evidence of carbonara consumption / trouser stains and something that bland seems far more appropriate. This is a man who was offended by the presence of a dildo in a film the other day.

canadagoose

About the leg thing, I used to do that in high school. I'm not sure why. I think it stopped after I went on antidepressants; they put paid to a lot of strange tics and depressive thoughts I had as a teenager, which I noticed when I had to come off them for a bit. Maybe BC could benefit from some treatment.

JamesTC

Quote from: Mister Six on May 22, 2022, 11:48:27 PMVery brave of you to admit that publicly; my commiserations. What happened to the other three?

I'm not sure but it probably involved being too woke.

RicoMNKN

Quote from: hexa on May 22, 2022, 09:26:26 PMIf this is true then fucking Hell twitter is going to be even worse than usual for about a month

The more I think about this, the less likely it is.
Netflix sacked their diversity team because the company is losing money, not as some anti-woke statement. Ultimately, it was a well-intentioned endeavour that isn't directly profitable, so presumably they are going to focus on churning out algorithm-driven trash for as big an audience as possible for the near future. Sacking them was terrible PR for Netflix, not a brilliant PR move to get a load of glincels signing up.

They are hardly going to put out something that would make more subscribers leave for the sake of joining in with the culture wars.  They are going to want high-audience MOR shit, which ultimately Gervais churns out.

Also, I did a search of the times Ricky Gervais has mentioned trans people on his Twitter, and he says things like:

QuoteIn my original tweet where I said 'men', I wasn't referring to real trans women. I was referring to cis men exploiting self ID to get into women's spaces.

Which, whilst promoting a fear that can be abused by the far right, is ultimately not the position of someone who is going to release an anti-trans show in bananavision.  He hasn't even mentioned trans people since 2019.  "I identify as" is a shit, easy, joke that at least felt topical when he did his last special but he's never really said anything else since AFAIK, and he clearly wants to remain part of the world of celebrity liberals.  He's not going to tank his career/life for a joke.  If nothing else, a non-ironic bigoted joke would kill the irony defence of the rest of his material.

Worth noting that Glinner thinks that "diversity" is the same as "woke", though, and he celebrates when people working for racial representation get sacked.  It doesn't even seem to be about trans people any more. If all telly is straight and white again, he might get series 4 of Count Arthur.

bgmnts

I wonder what Glinner and co's opinion on Hermaphroditos is, or the stories of Caenis and Iphys, considering they love ancient greek mythology and all.

You also would think they'd go for a mythology less centred around a society of rape and misogyny innit.

idunnosomename

greybum again playing up to his "I live in a crack under the sink" image

Mindy Simmons

Quote from: canadagoose on May 23, 2022, 12:03:11 AMAbout the leg thing, I used to do that in high school. I'm not sure why. I think it stopped after I went on antidepressants; they put paid to a lot of strange tics and depressive thoughts I had as a teenager, which I noticed when I had to come off them for a bit. Maybe BC could benefit from some treatment.

Off topic, but same. It's surprising what they do help with.

NeaX

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on May 29, 2021, 11:14:22 PMHoly shit he's sent Marion Millar a birthday cake with his own name more prominent than hers https://twitter.com/millar_marion/status/1398634336585457669?s=19

He's obviously spending that substack money well

I've only just realised one year on what's been bugging me about this. What sort of person combines a birthday cake and a birthday card? Had it been that long since he celebrated someone's birthday that he'd forgotten how birthday celebrations work?

What's next, a Xmas tree decorated with carrots, bits of coal and a scarf?

Mister Six

DreadedScotsman

Quote from: Mister Six on May 23, 2022, 12:46:27 AMFuck me, was that only a year ago?

There so much etc.

Also that was the 8th thread we're on 18

The Late Satoru Iwata

Quote from: selectivememory on May 22, 2022, 11:11:53 PMIt looks like his right arm is a fake one and his real one is under his jacket.

THESE ARE FAKE HANDS!

Mister Six

The Guppy

Threads coming faster and faster. Every week. Every day. Every minute. No time to think of a title, just "GL47532". He's claimed credit for the Peak District. He's picked a fight with the Dalai Lama. He's destroyed his corporeal form in an arcane ritual and returned as a toilet wraith, pointing and shrieking NO, USE THE OTHER ONE.

Quote from: Better Midlands on May 22, 2022, 10:59:57 PMhttps://twitter.com/brunskellevans/status/1528436570415570944?t=FRb17PMSro8qEEI8cVnwXA&s=19

Has that other bloke given him a dead arm?

Mister Six

Quote from: DreadedScotsman on May 23, 2022, 01:06:49 AMAlso that was the 8th thread we're on 18

Ten threads in a year,
I bet you think that's pretty special don't you boy
Lying in a racecar bed
Watching all the jaws around you drop
You kill yourself for recognition
Kill yourself to never, ever stop
You burned another Twitter
You're turning into something with brain rot

Glin please say bye
And go get dry
Glin please say bye
And go get dry

Drying up in conversation
You will be the one who cannot talk
All your insights fall to pieces
You just sit there wishing you could still make love
They're the ones who'll hate you
'Cause you think you've got the world all sussed out
They're the ones who'll spit at you
You will be the one screaming out

Shut UP, fuck OFF
Shut UP, fuck OFF
Shut UP, fuck OFF
Shut UP, fuck OFF

Oh, Twitt's the best thing that you've ever had
The best thing that you've ever, ever had
It's the best thing that you've ever had
The best thing you have had is gone away

So shut UP, fuck OFF
Shut UP, fuck OFF
Shut UP, fuck OFF
Shut UP, fuck OFF
Shut UP, fuck OFF
Shut UP, fuck OFF
Shut UP, fuck OFF

(Barely had to change the lyrics.)

YouCantWriteTearsJimmy

Quote from: mtpromises on 23/05/2022, 00:13:59
    • Graham has a bday date with his son.

Doesn't he have 2 kids?

Kankurette

TERFs playing the class card is hilarious when so many of them are middle class themselves.

Alberon

phantom_power

Quote from: RicoMNKN on May 23, 2022, 12:15:52 AMWorth noting that Glinner thinks that "diversity" is the same as "woke", though, and he celebrates when people working for racial representation get sacked.  It doesn't even seem to be about trans people any more. If all telly is straight and white again, he might get series 4 of Count Arthur.

I think it is more that he sees all that as acceptable collateral damage in service to The Cause

Kankurette

Quote from: bgmnts on May 23, 2022, 12:18:18 AMI wonder what Glinner and co's opinion on Hermaphroditos is, or the stories of Caenis and Iphys, considering they love ancient greek mythology and all.

You also would think they'd go for a mythology less centred around a society of rape and misogyny innit.
Where's our resident Fate/Grand Order fan? (Caenis is a character in the game.)

Watched a bit of the birthday mess and just when I thought Arty's tiny Graham statue wasn't sick enough, BC goes on about how traumatic being trans is for those who develop Alzheimer's in later life.

Main argument is gay people don't forget they are gay but "elderly" trans people are "traumatised" when they forget they have transitioned. I'm sure this was studied by BC in an unbiased way and he'll soon be fundraising for better Alzheimer research.

Cunt.