Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:16:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Festivals 2022

Started by homesickalien, May 06, 2022, 01:29:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

homesickalien

Any planned?

I'm going to focus wales in Wrexham for the third time as its the closest to me and am very pleasantly surprised each time how good it is for £35 (early bird).

The Mollusk

Primavera for my honeymoon with loads of great pals in tow, and Supersonic. Extremely hyped for both.

non capisco

Primavera too, both weekends in a foolhardy throw of the gauntlet to my decaying middle aged body. It's gonna be the giddy tits, son. Currently listening to the completely infectious new Otoboke Beaver album and thinking how much fun they'll be live.

justin_bennett

Had tickets to Primavera from 2020 but sold them last week due to flight/accommodation costs, was going to end up being an absolute fortune. Going to Wide Awake in London instead, which has an incredible lineup.

non capisco

Wide Awake was great last year. Really well organised festival, decent sound on all stages, eclectic lineup, enough varied food and booze stalls so there wasn't a lot of queuing. I'd go again this year if I wasn't doing Primavera just afterwards.

The Mollusk

Quote from: non capisco on May 07, 2022, 05:18:09 PMI'd go again this year if I wasn't doing Primavera just afterwards.

WIMP

non capisco

Absolute milksop, mate. Laugh me off the forum if you must.

Kankurette

Primavera and Rebellion.

The Mollusk

You might see me at Primavera, and you might also see my dad at Rebellion! I was gonna say look for the 60 year old tit in the Trojan Records shirt flailing about in the pit for Ruts DC but that might not narrow it down much.

Some corkers on that lineup this year. Buzzcocks, Rezillos, Dickies, Adolescents, Cro Mags!

Kankurette

They had me at Billy Bragg and Bob Vylan, though it'll be nice to see the Buzzcocks again after I missed most of their set due to a migraine, and then Pete Shelley died. And then Dave Greenfield died after I saw the Stranglers. So if any ageing punk rockers die after playing Rebellion, you know whose fault it is. I hope Maid of Ace are doing it this year, I always go to see them. On the downside, I wonder how many foreign bands have had to pull out because of Brexit.

I've got my Barcelona card sorted. Tbh I can't even remember who's doing Primavera but I'll enjoy it no matter what, I always end up finding someone I like whose stuff I've never heard before (Caetano Veloso, Einstürzende Neubauten, Run the Jewels etc.) My ex-girlfriend's going but unfortunately I think she's at the second festival, I'm at the one in the first week of June.

ETA: had a look at the line-up and the bands I want to see are Rina Sawayama, Bikini Kill, Einstürzende Neubauten, Shellac, Gorillaz and Nick Cave. I note CAB faves Idles and Wet Leg are there too.

The Mollusk

Ah yes I'm there for the first weekend only too. It's gonna be quite hectic as I've got people from three different circles of friends going too so making time for everyone will be a caution to the wind sort of thing, but if you see a speccy dude in a William Onyeabor shirt going batshit to Blawan, say hello!

hamfist

Bluedot because I can take the kids and all of us have a good weekend together

phantom_power

Victorious because it is just down the road from me and Wireless because my son wants to go, though I am not looking forward to it

mrpupkin

Got an email from Primavera saying let's make it sustainable this year by sharing taxis or some shit. Mate literally thousands of people are gonna be flying there in literally hundreds of aeroplanes.

Kankurette

Also, Barcelona's metro/tram system is right there.

chutnut

Pretty jealous of people going to Primavera, some of my mates are off too
but also I'm not that jealous cause I probably wouldn't even be able to handle a full festival anymore

mad lineup though!
dinosaur jr
autechre
jeff mills
dj stingray
dj harvey
lightning bolt
young marco
bauhaus
einsturzende
terrence dixon
the caretaker
honey dijon

that's probably only about half of what I'd want to see as well, and doesn't include anyone from the 2nd weekend
bit weird that squarepusher is so far down the list

chutnut

Jesus 'amyl and the sniffers' has got to be one of the worst band names ive heard

Kankurette

Those of you going to Primavera, what is this Primavera alla Ciutat thing and can you go if you've already got a ticket for Primavera Sound, or do you have to buy a separate ticket? Rina Sawayama's doing Montjuïc on the Wednesday, although I don't know if I'll make it in time.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Kankurette on May 20, 2022, 08:30:42 PMThose of you going to Primavera, what is this Primavera alla Ciutat thing and can you go if you've already got a ticket for Primavera Sound, or do you have to buy a separate ticket? Rina Sawayama's doing Montjuïc on the Wednesday, although I don't know if I'll make it in time.

The available info is a bit vague, but if you're only a ticket holder for weekend 1 or 2 (and not both), you still have full access to all of the city gigs and as far as I can tell this is including the Wednesday gig with Rina, KOKOKO!, The Linda Lindas... and Wet Leg.

I was unsure at first since the FAQ just says people with tickets for either weekend will have access to the city gigs from the 5th-8th and doesn't mention anything about the Rina show on the 1st, but as far as I can tell, that one is included too. I mean, why wouldn't it be?

Kankurette

I'll probably be too knackered to go the Rina show, unfortunately. I get into Barcelona Wednesday evening and by the time I've gotten out of the airport and checked into my accommodation I doubt I'll be up for a gig. Of course, this is assuming I've recovered from the 'rona by then.

The Mollusk

Well, more power to ya if you can make it! Either way, anyone with a ticket for either weekend is getting one fucking hell of a show even if they're only able to make it to the main festival site.

Kankurette

I hope I can make it to some of the gigs in town but it depends where they are. I'll always find something to watch on the main site, at least.

Goldentony

how are the Buzzcocks still an active touring band?? im going to have to look this up

fake edit - oh my god

The Mollusk

Quote from: Goldentony on May 20, 2022, 10:48:07 PMhow are the Buzzcocks still an active touring band?? im going to have to look this up

fake edit - oh my god

Fucks sake, I forgot that Shelley was dead. Who the hell is Mani Perazzoli?

Pretty heartbreaking that their Wiki page just has a footnote of tidbits called RECENT EVENTS which includes the death of Pete Shelley as if it's a drop in the ocean.

MINOR HICCUPS: POP PUNK WOULDN'T EXIST WITHOUT THIS GUY, NOW WORM FOOD

Kankurette

Still bitter I missed most of their set when they played and Pete was still alive.

Seeing the Stranglers will be weird as balls. How many original members are left?

SweetPomPom

Quote from: Kankurette on May 21, 2022, 02:31:47 AMStill bitter I missed most of their set when they played and Pete was still alive.

Seeing the Stranglers will be weird as balls. How many original members are left?

JJ and that's it. Still good though!

imitationleather

Quote from: The Mollusk on May 20, 2022, 11:20:23 PMFucks sake, I forgot that Shelley was dead. Who the hell is Mani Perazzoli?

Pretty heartbreaking that their Wiki page just has a footnote of tidbits called RECENT EVENTS which includes the death of Pete Shelley as if it's a drop in the ocean.

MINOR HICCUPS: POP PUNK WOULDN'T EXIST WITHOUT THIS GUY, NOW WORM FOOD

I'm more a fan of Pete Shelley's solo stuff. Who has replaced him and is currently touring that?

The Mollusk

Kankurette

Going to Primavera with a chronic condition is one thing. Going to Primavera with a chronic condition, while 3 weeks on from COVID and recovering from a tooth extraction on top of that, is quite another. Not to mention that Massive Attack and Bikini Kill, both of whom I wanted to see, have dropped out and I can't see Pavement because they're on at 1am and there's no way of getting back to the hotel then.

I am aware of how boring and lame I am and that I should be pulling all nighters but I'm not physically capable right now. Also, they seem to have moved the stages around.

ProvanFan

Might have creeped out a cabber last night