Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:35:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Phil Spector Update

Started by mayer, May 08, 2004, 12:01:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mayer

they think it's lies

QuoteBloody evidence in Spector trial
By Dan Whitcomb

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Police investigating the murder of a B-movie actress at pioneering rock producer Phil Spector's home found the victim's blood and gunshot residue on him as well as evidence that he wiped and moved the murder weapon, prosecutors say.

Discussing the evidence against Spector in detail for the first time, prosecutors also confirmed that an autopsy report concluded that actress Lana Clarkson had been shot by a gun placed in her mouth and had gunshot residue on her hands as well.

Attorneys for Spector were expected to use that evidence to suggest that Clarkson, star of such films as Amazon Women on the Moon and The Barbarian Queen, shot herself. Spector made that claim in a magazine interview last year, saying that Clarkson "kissed the gun" in a bizarre suicide that the 40-year-old actress carried out in front of him.

"Spector also had gunshot residue on him," Sandi Gibbons, a spokeswoman for the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, told Reuters in an interview on Thursday.

"Spector also had her blood on him, her blood was also on a doorknob and a banister and there was evidence that he wiped the gun and moved it after the shooting," Gibbons said. "The gun was found under her left leg and she is right handed and her jacket with her blood on it was found in his bedroom."

Gibbons said the gunshot residue on Clarkson's hands could be explained because "when a shot is fired there is a cloud of residue for 3 feet (1 metre)" that would have dusted her hands even if they were in her lap.

Clarkson apparently met Spector, known for his "Wall of Sound" recording technique, while working at the "House of Blues" nightclub on the Sunset Strip. The tall, blond actress was found shot to death in in the marble foyer of Spector's 33-room mock Castle in the Los Angeles suburb of Alhambra.

The autopsy report has been sealed at the request of prosecutors, but the details of gunshot residue on Clarkson's hands and conclusions that the weapon had been fired in her mouth surfaced in published reports on Thursday.

Gibbons said prosecutors were aware of those findings but did not consider them evidence that Clarkson killed herself.

"We have given the defense a lot of evidence about other incidents of Mr. Spector pointing guns at women," she said. "We know about the gun in her mouth. We knew that from day one but we are alleging that he fired the shot that killed her."

After an eight-month investigation, Los Angeles County Coroner's officials ruled last September that Clarkson's death was a homicide.

Spector touched off a furor three months earlier by telling Esquire Magazine that Clarkson killed herself by putting a gun in her mouth and blowing her head off.

"She kissed the gun, I have no idea why," Spector told the magazine. "I never knew her, I never even saw her before that night ... I have no idea who she was or what her agenda was."

it seems my defense plan (that he merely play the judge "Be My Baby") has not been used...

i hope he didn't do it, but by all accounts (well, from Dee Dee Ramone's clearly half-bollocks autobiography, but corroberated by the relatively sane Joey and Johnny), Spector liked his guns, and liked waving them about loaded.

don't know about sticking it in an actress's mouth and pulling the trigger mind.

Peking O

Phil takes a break from his court case to audition for the Mars Volta...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4574439.stm

Quote from: "Peking O"(picture)
Love that mong! "Frontpaged and credited!"

LadyDay

So that's the legendary "Wall of Hair"

ninestonecreature

Bwahaha! That's quite possibly the greatest photo ever.

I'll wager there are several as-yet-undiscovered species lurking in that voluminous barnet.