Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 19, 2024, 09:00:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Foo Fighters drummer Taylor Hawkins dead at 50

Started by Nowhere Man, March 26, 2022, 06:10:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Vroomo on June 22, 2022, 02:32:45 PMFoo Fighters cosplayed in Kimonos when they inducted Rush into the Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame, Taylor was mates with Peart, Geddy & Alex joined Foo Fighters onstage in Toronto a few times ... there's definite history.

I assumed something like that was the case. Shame they're such nutcases, as I do like a lot of Rush's music.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 22, 2022, 02:22:44 PMA proper tribute would be loads of drummers on stage at once, all drumming along to that Foo Fighters song. You know the one. I've no idea what it's called.
Then Ringo could come on and do a solo drum.

Some get Yamantaka Eye on the blower

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

SteveDave

Quote from: holyzombiejesus on June 22, 2022, 02:13:16 PMA mouthwatering lineup there.

At least Chrissie Hynde won't have to share the womens bogs with anyone.

The little girl who plays the drums is on the bill now too.

turnstyle

Quote from: Head Gardener on June 22, 2022, 12:10:09 PM

Going to be honest guys, seems bad taste of them to use a photo of him doing the Nazi salute.

SpiderChrist

Dave Chapelle? REALLY?

Hawkins was a great drummer, sad loss etc etc but what a cavalcade of meh that line-up is.

I have a friend who is very excited and definitely going. Takes all sorts, different strokes, each to their own, wouldn't it be dull if we all liked the same stuff.

MigraineBoy

Quote from: SpiderChrist on June 22, 2022, 04:54:55 PMDave Chapelle? REALLY?

Hawkins was a great drummer, sad loss etc etc but what a cavalcade of meh that line-up is.

I have a friend who is very excited and definitely going. Takes all sorts, different strokes, each to their own, wouldn't it be dull if we all liked the same stuff.

The Wembley line-up has since added John Paul Jones, Alain Johannes, Nandi Bushell, Nile Rodgers, Krist Novoselic, Greg Kurstin and Chris Rock. It's also not finished.

Presumably the Chris Rock appearance is a two-for-one deal seeing as he an Chapelle do the o2 that night.

Head Gardener

whats left of Queen AND Rush, what's not to like?

Goldentony

Rush would be wise to do a 14 minute version of Working Man and then just fuck off the stage with a wave, get anyone on drums, get fucking 'THIS DRUMMER IS AT THE WRONG GIG' guy

famethrowa

Can they get the 2 blokes who played on Eat Yself Fitter?

Shaky

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on June 22, 2022, 02:36:08 PMI assumed something like that was the case. Shame they're such nutcases, as I do like a lot of Rush's music.

Is this about the hoary old Ayn Rand business again? Because they all turned their backs on that 40+ years ago, and it was debatable whether the remaining two were ever much into it beyond curiosity.

bgmnts

Yeah unless there is something else about them like they're big into crypto or some shit.

Butchers Blind

Get that guy who plays empty paint pots outside tube stations on the line up.

idunnosomename

There was a guy outside covent garden who just used to do the melody of the first two bars of the Flinstones theme down a traffic cone.

Get Hale and Pace to bring back The Stonk in his honour.

Elderly Sumo Prophecy

50 is an unusually old age for a rock star to be dieing of drugs, they tend to get that out of the way in their late twenties. By 50 they've normally cleaned up and are on a strict diet of mung beans and cabbage water.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Shaky on June 23, 2022, 08:48:09 AMIs this about the hoary old Ayn Rand business again? Because they all turned their backs on that 40+ years ago, and it was debatable whether the remaining two were ever much into it beyond curiosity.
My reaction was based more on the things they thought and said at the time they were making decent music. I honestly didn't know they'd turned their back on the thing they wrote an album about (which namechecks Rand as a genius on the sleeve), possibly because I really don't like anything they made after the early 80s.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Elderly Sumo Prophecy on June 23, 2022, 12:59:22 PM50 is an unusually old age for a rock star to be dieing of drugs, they tend to get that out of the way in their late twenties. By 50 they've normally cleaned up and are on a strict diet of mung beans and cabbage water.

That's what killed him, poor bastard got stung by the mung

Famous Mortimer

I think you misheard, it was an addiction to the game Amung Us

Shaky

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on June 23, 2022, 01:10:34 PMMy reaction was based more on the things they thought and said at the time they were making decent music. I honestly didn't know they'd turned their back on the thing they wrote an album about (which namechecks Rand as a genius on the sleeve), possibly because I really don't like anything they made after the early 80s.

Fair enough - I personally prefer several albums after that one so horses for courses and all that. Not to derail the thread, but Peart remained a "bleeding heart Libertarian" for the rest of his life - not exactly my political stance of choice, but he seemed a generally broad-minded, left-leaning sort in other ways going by his 80's lyrics onwards. The other two were barely into the Rand stuff so it's easily dismissed as a brief silly stage, I think.

RHX

Grohl, Jones and Homme on the same bill? Looks like there's going to be a one-off Them Crooked Vultures reunion too!

Goldentony

it can't have been libertarianism or Ayn rand telling then to insert shite reggae parts into amazing songs like Spirit Of The Radio so all their bad decisions are on them

famethrowa

Quote from: Goldentony on June 24, 2022, 08:15:01 PMit can't have been libertarianism or Ayn rand telling then to insert shite reggae parts into amazing songs like Spirit Of The Radio so all their bad decisions are on them

Well apparently at the time they were told to "be more like The Police", so

famethrowa

Quote from: RHX on June 24, 2022, 06:20:39 PMGrohl, Jones and Homme on the same bill? Looks like there's going to be a one-off Them Crooked Vultures reunion too!

Ugh is there a name for all this shit? A bit new for DadRock but sweaty rock drivel played by sweaty divorced gammons on expensive guitars.

kalowski

TBH I assumed most of you were just being sarcastic. Didn't realise people actually listened to the Foo Fighters.

Goldentony

Quote from: famethrowa on June 24, 2022, 09:19:24 PMWell apparently at the time they were told to "be more like The Police", so

This has to have been an actual serpent of beelzebub on the wind up to have suggested this to Rush of all groups