Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 25, 2024, 11:17:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

60s Stars Reviewing Singles From The 60s

Started by MortSahlFan, June 20, 2022, 08:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MortSahlFan

This is a really cool channel. I love when musicians judge their contemporaries just like movies and comedy, and because it's in the time-span of music I listen to. I know I found a good song or two in the past, but haven't actually checked most of it out. I'm sure having the original interview in the original voice would help, but it's still cool to review the primal reaction.

There's also some earlier ones (and even some in the early 70s) of what John Lennon liked and didn't like. All The Beatles, and pretty much anyone on the charts or whoever was already established.

Johnny Cash Reviews The Doors (and others) Singles of May 1968

markburgle

I've seen that channel, it's a great idea but I hate the narration (can't actually tell if it's a bad text-to-speech AI or just a remarkably untalented human being)

maett

I usually watch them as they are uploaded there has been some harsh criticism dealt out, I think George Harrison was one who held little back. Not quite the 'Slowdive are worse than Hitler' Manics abuse. But it was a little strange hearing it with all the banal back slapping collaborations of these times.