Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 03:06:25 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Glastonbury 2022

Started by Beagle 2, June 24, 2022, 02:28:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beagle 2

Worth a thread away from the general festivals one. Solidarity with everyone watching it on telly but getting regular updates from bastard mates who are there. 

I was rather enjoying Rufus Wainwright but the stream has swapped to Wet Leg. Giving them a crack but absolutely god knows why these are so hyped. They're... alright?! Nothing to particularly dislike but it's middling fare.

Purple Toupee

Love Rufus but this is self indulgent even for him, WTF am I watching

Beagle 2

Haha, I just switched back. Costume change and a half.

Quote from: Beagle 2 on June 24, 2022, 02:28:15 PMWorth a thread away from the general festivals one. Solidarity with everyone watching it on telly but getting regular updates from bastard mates who are there. 

I was rather enjoying Rufus Wainwright but the stream has swapped to Wet Leg. Giving them a crack but absolutely god knows why these are so hyped. They're... alright?! Nothing to particularly dislike but it's middling fare.

I think the Wet Leg album is dog egg but thought they were pretty good on the stream. Absolutely massive crowd for them too. I wonder how early they confirm the stages with the artist, because if you booked Wet Leg today then there's no way you'd put them on the (relatively small) Park Stage.

Ja'moke

Girl in Red on the John Peel stage now. I really liked her latest album, just a great pop record.

imitationleather

Dry Cleaning not really doing it for me here, Clive.

the science eel

Quote from: imitationleather on June 24, 2022, 05:05:57 PMDry Cleaning not really doing it for me here, Clive.

No, terrible. Terrible.

Terrible

imitationleather

It's a shame because I had actually softened my view on them recently.

the science eel

Who's this live on the iPlayer now? looks like a young Aimee Mann

the science eel

oh it's Wolf Alice!

thought they were TOUGH!

imitationleather

I'm watching Supergrass. To be fair, they have a lot of good singles in their back catalogue and it's perfect for this kind of timeslot.

Pranet

I clicked through the streams a bit ago and it reminded me of what I'm like when I'm in a bad mood at a festival. Deciding each band is shit after 2 minutes and seeing what else is on. Less walking about and twats getting in my way at home though.

imitationleather

I'm usually in my tent having a very bad trip and terrified of going outside.

Pranet

Even when I was young I was too scared to do a trip at a festival. Thought it would certainly go badly wrong for me.

I would sometimes grumpily retreat to my tent and listen to Test Match Special though.

Beagle 2

Sleaford Mods and Supergrass both fucking amazing. Mistake trying to watch the former with a small child (YA CUNT etc).

purlieu

The Damned can't play because they have Covid (and Captain is an anti-vaxxer so he's probably half dead by now). They've been replaced by... Reef.

Vitamin C

Idles bloke looks like the captain of a middling League Two side who thinks he gives really profound motivational speeches to the team.

bgmnts

From an independent article on places like Glastonbury:

QuoteI've always been enticed and excited by British festivals, but I have never attended one. Despite the potential highs, the many lows of festivals – such as the lack of safety precautions, the heavy drug use, and the risk of harassment, violence or even death – leave many people, including me, apprehensive, or even scared to go.

Is this legitimate??

imitationleather

Funnily enough, those are the exact things that drew me to festivals.

Pranet

Have you a link to the article? To save me the faff of finding it?

Nah, they are fine. I mean the drug use etc varies depending on the festival and where you are at a festival, but the old codgers watching Robert Plant right now don't look in fear of their lives to me.

The worst thing that ever happened to me I think was camping next to some annoying teenagers who ran around screeching all fucking night one year. Amazed someone didn't kill the cunts.

If anything festivals can be annoyingly safety conscious at times- in terms of limiting the number of people at certain stages etc.

the science eel

Quote from: imitationleather on June 24, 2022, 05:36:08 PMI'm watching Supergrass. To be fair, they have a lot of good singles in their back catalogue and it's perfect for this kind of timeslot.

How did you see them? iPlayer?

imitationleather

Quote from: the science eel on June 24, 2022, 08:09:36 PMHow did you see them? iPlayer?

Yeah iPlayer is streaming the five biggest stages all weekend.

the science eel

Icehaven

Are there any metal bands in significant slots this year?

Pranet

Quote from: bgmnts on June 24, 2022, 07:16:56 PMFrom an independent article on places like Glastonbury:

Is this legitimate??

Ok I've found the article now and she is mainly talking about sexual harassment and assault which is not something I can really talk about with any knowledge.

Quote from: Icehaven on June 24, 2022, 08:15:19 PMAre there any metal bands in significant slots this year?

Nope.

Icehaven

Quote from: Wayman C. McCreery on June 24, 2022, 08:25:04 PMNope.

Huh. The heady days of Metallica's token headline slot are long gone, clearly.

Goldentony

all the german metal festivals are on this weekend, no chance SODOM are missing those for a pyramid stage on sunday

sardines

Saint Etienne were a thing of loveliness.
Like the embarrassing aunts at the party who you secretly fancy admire.

If St Vincent impresses sufficiently now I might fart my way up to Manchester tomorrow to see her. About the only thing on the entire line up I would fancy paying to see.

Talking Metallica, I thought they bottled it really. They could have absolutely belted through Blackened, Battery, Damage Inc around the obvious 'hits' but instead spent ages talking about bringing the heavy and presented a fairly tepid set.