Main Menu

Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 02:26:33 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Arthur Mathews Interview

Started by TJ, October 31, 2005, 11:51:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ

Some of you may be interested to know that a short interview I did with Arthur Mathews a couple of months back is now on http://www.offthetelly.co.uk/

mcbpete

Excellent interview. Well done sir :)

Interesting that he stated that Hippies didn't feel 60's enough: I've only seen the pilot but was convinced that it was about a group of hippies in modern day England so I'd agree with that.

Jemble Fred

ARTHUR MATHEWS: I actually wrote a lot of the second series. Alex was going to enter a competition for Britain's most laid back person. Ray was convinced that he was going to be featured on this This is Your Life. Jill joined a suicide cult. There was no shortage of ideas. I would have brought back Peter Serafinowicz, who played a very frightening character called Robin. He was very funny in the first series.

Ow. Like an arrow through my heart, that. What might have been. There's no justice in this world. Make the scripts available, Arthur!

Gotta be better than recycling the material for Matt flippin' Berry. He's that guy from Boosh with one performance style, isn't he?

Godzilla Bankrolls

Wow, Arhur Mathews boringly plays by the rules. At least Linehan tentatively discussed why he was opposed to Daniel Kitson's ethos.

Quote from: "Jemble Fred"Gotta be better than recycling the material for Matt flippin' Berry. He's that guy from Boosh with one performance style, isn't he?

Fraaaaan...

Ignatius_S

For the life of me, I can't remember anything about Paris. was it any cop?

Oscar

Great interview TJ, thanks.

QuoteChris Morris interviewed a real paedophile at the end of the show, but everybody thought it was just an actor.

My memory is hazy now, is that when he was shouting at the guy in a field? Or some other part?

Bert Thung

Quote from: "Beloved Aunt"Wow, Arhur Mathews boringly plays by the rules. At least Linehan tentatively discussed why he was opposed to Daniel Kitson's ethos.

When was this?

Emergency Lalla Ward Ten

Quote from: "Beloved Aunt"At least Linehan tentatively discussed why he was opposed to Daniel Kitson's ethos.

What was that?

Dark Sky

Quote from: "gnatt"My memory is hazy now, is that when he was shouting at the guy in a field? Or some other part?

You're right.  He's just yelling names at the guy.  Who then says, "Yes, well, I get called these things all the time, and it's just another form of racism."  Very last line in the Special, and a very sobering one too, I think.  I presume it's been discussed to death on this forum though years ago.

Godzilla Bankrolls

Linehan talked about Kitson on one of S Lee's Resonance shows (Lucas and Walliams appeared on the same edition). Would've aired late 2003 - has anyone got the date handy?

Oscar

Quote from: "Dark Sky"
Quote from: "gnatt"My memory is hazy now, is that when he was shouting at the guy in a field? Or some other part?

You're right.  He's just yelling names at the guy.  Who then says, "Yes, well, I get called these things all the time, and it's just another form of racism."  Very last line in the Special, and a very sobering one too, I think.  I presume it's been discussed to death on this forum though years ago.

Hmm, not really an interview then. But yes, disturbing. Cheers for letting me know.

Godzilla Bankrolls

Here's the first part of that aforementioned S Lee show:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2VJA439M

Second (the Kitson bit is about 31 minutes in):

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=UDZQHW9R