Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:58:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Baga Chipz Cashed in

Started by Tony Tony Tony, June 30, 2022, 04:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Tony Tony

It seems McCains have pulled this advertising campaign after complaints that it was highly offensive

(Aside; It isn't)

Edit it seems to be another clip that caused the stink...

Chpz

But I can't find a version

bgmnts

Well that's lovely and depressing, well done public. The youtube comments are obviously primordial:

QuoteIf I was ever going to think of buying these chips I won't now. All I see is about 10 seconds of this ad and it's so loud and raucous and irrelevant, I really can't stand it! Such a shame after so many good ads McCain have had in the past. (And it's not because it's a drag queen. It's just too loud and totally irrelevant!!)

Just ANYTHING but gay or trans or not presenting as straight people. Literally any excuse to whinge about gay or trans or not presenting as straight people existing. I fucking hate these small minded bigoted cunts and I hate that they have been so enabled now.

Zero Gravitas

I think nfah86 was simply saying she wants more product focus, if for example they'd also made at least a passing mention of McCain Flavour Maker Skin On Garlic & Herb Chimichurri Fries - Crispy Skin-on Fries, perfectly paired with sachets of Garlic and Herb Chimichurri seasoning. Simply shake over the flavour and oven cook for a deliciously easy way to enjoy restaurant flavours at home.  Goes great with steak, chicken or fish - she'd quite rightly feel more comfortable.

shiftwork2

So many good ads McCain have had.  Such a shame.  They should go back to good ads.  There were so many.

I need good ads for oven chips.

Zero Gravitas

Are you pig fucking stupid or have you forgotten about "Daddy or Chips?"!?

The advert does send a very anti-greedy-balding-phimotic-father message, but it's handled in a wholesome way.

Glebe

Captain Z

Why can't we go back to the good old days of proper entertainment like Lily Savage, Cupid Stunt and Mrs Browns Boys, they knew what a woman was.

Glebe

At least we've moved on. In the old days you wouldn't have seen Danny la Rue advertising chicken dippers.

The Mollusk

I cannot fucking stand Baga so personally I'm completely fine with this.

Glebe

Video Game Fan 2000

Glebe

Who remembers classic tv show C*H*I*P*Z?

Midas

Look at the imagery in the McCain Global Foods sigil. What do you see?

The ill-hearted amongst us may fall foul of temptation and allow themselves to see a rising sun casting rays of golden sunshine over abundant farmland (populated by a flock of "early birds"). It's enticing to see this as nothing more than an incantation for wealth and prosperity, but we must not allow ourselves to become bewitched by spectral mirages! Those accustomed to the dark arts can see the destructive nature of the sorcerer's true divine will: a globe rises on the horizon, marred with the harbingers of misfortune and the mark of McCain. This glittering globe of gold looms above once-Edenic land, over scarlet trees, across the site of the first murder, and expands outwards, submerging all in its shadow. This forbidden "apple of the earth" represents that which grows nearer, that which shall engulf all with its cackling flames, that which shall turn the majesty of our land into an arid, infertile desert. You reap what you sow.

Pink Gregory

well, I for one hope that it is, in fact, chips

Uncle TechTip

Blimey, thought they were dead from the title.

Blue Jam

Quote from: The Mollusk on June 30, 2022, 07:00:31 PMI cannot fucking stand Baga so personally I'm completely fine with this.

Massive Tory ain't she? Yeah, I am also cigs about this.

bgmnts

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 30, 2022, 10:10:15 PMMassive Tory ain't she? Yeah, I am also cigs about this.

Nah she's just thick as mince it seems:

Quote from: Metro'I'm not gonna lie, I supported Theresa May, but I don't like Boris Johnson, I think he's a t**t. I hate Trump. In America, I supported Hillary Clinton and Obama – I'm as liberal as they come. I just don't really like the really far, far, far left politics where everything is free

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: Blue Jam on June 30, 2022, 10:10:15 PMMassive Tory ain't she? Yeah, I am also cigs about this.

More. 👏 Left. 👏 Leaning. 👏 Oven. 👏 Chip. 👏 Hawkers. 👏

Triple Cooked Gastro Chips deserve better representation, They're McCain's posh pub chips!

They're as indulgent as you'd expect: made from the best potatoes, thick-cut and triple-cooked. These are proper pub chips brought to the home.

For best results use a DEEP edged baking tray WITHOUT HOLES and preheat the tray for 5 minutes.

Quote from: bgmnts on June 30, 2022, 10:12:44 PM
Quote from: MetroI'm not gonna lie, I supported Theresa May, but I don't like Boris Johnson, I think he's a t**t. I hate Trump. In America, I supported Hillary Clinton and Obama – I'm as liberal as they come. I just don't really like the really far, far, far left politics where everything is free

Why do my heroes keep disappointing me!?

jamiefairlie

Quote from: Midas on June 30, 2022, 08:24:38 PMLook at the imagery in the McCain Global Foods sigil. What do you see?

Nuclear explosion

Blue Jam

Quote from: Midas on June 30, 2022, 08:24:38 PMLook at the imagery in the McCain Global Foods sigil. What do you see?

The Oasthouse?

Bernice

Can't believe the wokes just invented drag to turn me gay. 1066-2019 all man easily identified by tweed, pipe, cap. Now it's all gay, slide-whistling nancies with extra nipples, and yet I'M the "racists'???

Goldentony

Wrote an aticle on why to vote Conservative, YASS QUEEN'd Teresa May, voted for her, spread a bunch of lying bullshit about Corbyn and then mentioned she'd changed her mind way way after any of it mattered without an acknowledgement of any of the damage they'd joined in with helping create, so a very destructive and annoying tit with a hand in the hell we live in, but not deserving of this so utimately I suppose fuck absolutely everybody involved for different reasons. Cheers.

Bernice

Can't even behold the wonder of a big juicy HETEROSEXUAL cock these days without seeing facsimile labia hanging off the underside. Et tu, chips?

Zero Gravitas

What does proper pub chips brought to the home., mean other than being tantalizingly close to an Aimé Césaire quote?

Are pubs famous for their chips? Or are they reproducing the experience of a gastropub shoving a bag full of Brakes™ potato oblong #23 into an industrial oil free fryer and tumbling them until the timer goes off. But with a home oven?

Shadow puppetry of a shadow puppet show.

Goldentony

I think it's a plea to not murder your family since when you're at the pub you arent at home having your soul crushed

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Well I do want chips now. And I had fish and chips for dinner.

Zero Gravitas

I know what you mean, sometimes you just want something hot and tasty – and quick. McCain Quick Chips are made with top quality potatoes and a dash of sunflower of oil. Made for the microwave, they're great when you want to cook in a hurry or fancy a quick snack.

Poirots BigGarlickyCorpse

Quote from: Zero Gravitas on June 30, 2022, 10:38:51 PMI know what you mean, sometimes you just want something hot and tasty – and quick. McCain Quick Chips are made with top quality potatoes and a dash of sunflower of oil. Made for the microwave, they're great when you want to cook in a hurry or fancy a quick snack.
Why, I'm off to buy some now! Perhaps the crinkle-cut variety. 50% extra free at Iceland!

Zero Gravitas

bgmnts

Chips are like crisps. They are so fucking good I could just eat a bucket of them like a horse.