Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 08:58:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

The Metropolitan Police is a criminal gang part 32589476439

Started by Gurke and Hare, January 24, 2022, 03:14:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ferris

And with legitimate concern. If they get in trouble at a UKIP rally or whatever, which side will the other copper pick?

17 of these cunts are out there, right now, with badges and handcuffs and if they decide to arrest you and fuck up your day for no reason they can, and you have no recourse even though they are known to be bad at their jobs. If you fight it, it'll take 9 years to see recourse, and that's in the very unlikely event you see any at all.

There's a reason no one likes the police.

Buelligan

Absolutely.  I think this https://youtu.be/KRIvlqynKlU?t=953 (timestamped moment on a Novara vid) says it for me.  More and more people are being touched by the malice active in so much of the police and they and their families and friends are waking up.

Fambo Number Mive

Quote...Ms Farrell was arrested after she sat on her partner's car in Stevenage when a tow truck arrived to take it away in August 2018.

When she refused to give her name at the police station, she was taken to a cell where a CCTV camera monitors the detainee at all times.

She was asked to remove her clothing, with a replacement "crop top and hot pants" left in the cell.

"I'm a 50-plus-year-old woman and a Rastafarian. Where are they going, giving me those items of clothing? I called them back and I said, 'Listen, this is not suitable clothing. I need something long to cover'," she told the BBC in an interview from her new home in the Caribbean.

A police custody officer may remove a detainee's clothing if they believe it could be used to cause physical injury, damage property, interfere with evidence or used to escape.

Ms Farrell said officers said they were taking her clothes because she would not tell them who she was.

"[They said] 'We don't know anything about you, so you can harm yourself. So with that, we're going to take your clothes.' That was the excuse that they gave. It's not good enough."...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60158879

Janie Jones

Quote from: Twit 2 on February 01, 2022, 06:56:23 PMHas this one been mentioned yet?

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/feb/01/met-officers-joked-raping-women-police-watchdog-racist

I'd honestly never heard or read the expression 'hate fuck' until I saw it used (a while back but not uncommonly, for example about a female Tory or unpopular public figure) in ironic bantz on CookdandBombd and I've never seen it anywhere else until now. So the use of that expression is something we've got in common with a load of hateful, ignorant pigs.

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: Janie Jones on February 02, 2022, 10:14:15 AMI'd honestly never heard or read the expression 'hate fuck' until I saw it used (a while back but not uncommonly, for example about a female Tory or unpopular public figure) in ironic bantz on CookdandBombd and I've never seen it anywhere else until now. So the use of that expression is something we've got in common with a load of hateful, ignorant pigs.

'We'? Hmm.

We also had the HAHA RAPE tag around that time.

There's confirmation bias at work here, JJ.

Ferris

Quote from: Fambo Number Mive on February 02, 2022, 08:39:24 AMhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-60158879

Key sentence:

QuoteHertfordshire Police's professional standards department initially rejected Ms Farrell's complaint. She then enlisted the help of solicitor...

So they told her to piss off until she got a lawyer involved at which point they changed tack pretty fucking quick.

It's all about making accountability as difficult and expensive as possible and hoping that people just give up, which (most of the time) they probably do. We only get reporting on these fringe cases where somebody is determined enough to get an apology.

There must be thousands of people out there who didn't have the energy or resources necessary to assert their rights. In fact, this thread was started in response to someone who was arrested for telling someone else their rights.

Buelligan

Absolutely.  It's a common thread running through all of these appalling events. 

The police are a clan, a gang, not interested in serving the public or upholding the law or standards set, not if that conflicts with their own behaviour and protecting themselves.  Why are we paying them?

Ferris

I imagine they don't mind upholding the law or standards, but only as and when it suits them (and if it's broadly in line with what they were going to do anyway).

It's why they like kettling and hitting people with sticks so much - ooh we're allowed to do this and we wanted to anyway so everybody wins. And even if we're not allowed, who's going to stop us?

What you gonna do mate call the polis? We are the polis!

Kankurette

I am a small middle-class white women and I've never been in trouble with the police, and both times they were called on me, they were really nice.

I still don't trust them.

Buelligan

My attitude was greatly awakened when they took my beloved brother - just under 18 at the time - into custody for no reason at all and then beat him in the cells.

When you tell people that, they just think, well... the police probably knew that the lad'd killed a kiddie but they didn't have the proof or somesuch, so you end up not only beaten for no reason but universally regarded as a criminal who's managed to get away with it so far.  The police are lying evil cunts.

Ferris

I've never had any direct interaction with them, and don't intend to. I'm sure they'd be very polite to me because I'm a white man with a nice accent. One waved at my son and flashed his lights which made him laugh.

Doesn't matter, has absolutely no bearing on my disdain for them as a service and my willingness to defund them where practicable. Nova Scotia has salary disclosure laws for public employees who make over $100k - about half are police. You can't overpay people, give them absolute moral authority without oversight, then be surprised when it doesn't work out - there are simply better and more effective ways to invest that money into society.

Interestingly, they've chosen a picture of an officer in full riot gear to illustrate that article - I was at that protest, funnily enough (I have a side gig as an affordable housing advocate). There was absolutely no need for riot gear (or the zip ties and mace that came out later) but there you go.

Buelligan

Quote from: Buelligan on February 01, 2022, 02:03:24 PMThe annual budget of the Metropolitan Police is £3.26 billion.  Is this money well spent?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metropolitan_Police#Budget

Was just thinking about this - the figure is just the Met, London and surrounds, that's circa 62 and a half million quid a week.  Certainly puts Johnson's bus into perpective.

The Frank Butcher

The Home Affairs Committee that has just released this report on police oversight yesterday has at least one member who has acted against a constituent, myself, as if he doesn't know what he does know as part of that Committee.

I've been reading the report, which includes witness testimony that chimes with my experience over the last seven years, and it has the appearance of being promising, though we know these Committees can just shove out a whitewash. This one seems dirtier. But the committee member in question has actively been part of making me homeless from wrongful arrest I've mentioned here. I received acknowledgement from the Committee at 8 this morning with a remark that shows my email was read properly as it refers to something said in the last line.

The recommendations in the report are either finally some movement to the ends of true reform or a way of giving the appearance of this. I can as easily believe the latter but I have got some leverage on this MP's career and reputation and I'm going to be using it.

This is not Met-specific but clearly is about the structures that create a sense of impunity within officers and forces, of the likes that enabled and emboldened Wayne Couzens.

Phrases like Joint Criminal Enterprise and Perverting the Course of Justice only ever seem to apply in one direction, yet these people in power are absolutely guilty of both.

The Frank Butcher

Impressively, on the Kafkaesquometer, the very Committee that issued this report has just advised me to go to the IOPC about my issue, and to the Local government and Social Care Obudsman, which passed the decision that I rightly didn't accept, leading to my unlawful arrest.

It's hard to know if this is idiocy, stonewalling, piss-taking or evidence that the Committee is just more of the box-ticking that passes for democratic representation.

Last year Coronation Street of all things had a storyline about police oversight, with a pretty extensive tie-in on the ITV website and the IOPC Twitter. How many people have been pulled into a cycle of gaslighting, stonewalling and anger as a result of this storyline, thinking there was a way out of being victimised by the police? Did the Home Office ask for that storyline, as with the CIA's communications with film-makers? Two black actors were crassly exploited in this storyline also, and may remain even now none the wiser as to the IOPC's essential corruption.

buttgammon

When I first heard about the Metropolitan Police War Crimes Unit, my first thought was that they'd assembled a crack team of war criminals.

Sebastian Cobb

I saw one of these a while back but there's another example here of The Met springing up face-recognition vans in high-traffic areas, with fuck all warning. I thought they'd stopped doing this after some push-back.

Quote1. Telling people at 11:42am that a piece of rights-violative tech is going to be used at noon at an undisclosed location in Central London is definitely... a choice. Definitely nothing to hide then.

2. When we finally found the facial recognition van, there were A LOT of police deployed near it - at least 12 in uniform, and probably many more plainclothes police wandering about.

3. The presence of lots of police in high-vis was actually a helpful warning, given that the actual signs notifying the public of the use of facial rec were not that far from the actual vans nor were they easily visible, meaning people could be easily scanned without realising.

4. The signs say "there is no legal requirement to pass through the LFR system."

But it's hard to see how people can exercise their legal right not to be scanned if they don't even know what's happening.

5. When I asked one of the officers, they said the reason they were in Leicester Square was because it is "full of criminals". They didn't seem to have any other reason, which suggests to me they were casting an extremely wide net and almost fishing for matches.

6. The officer told me that the facial recognition system works by scanning people's faces and comparing them to a watchlist, and that it deletes people's faces who do not match.

They also said there is a CCTV camera that records people's faces that they can "check them later".

7. Of course, as highlighted by
@BigBrotherWatch
, the camera appears to have been broken - tech was on our side today! But lots of people seemed extremely concerned that they were being scanned.

This fundamentally rights-violative tech has no place on our streets. #BanFacialRec

https://twitter.com/hyjpang_/status/1501961929392377864

This sort of thing is the antithesis of policing by consent, and much like the dna databases that preceeded it they're going on the tack of deciding it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Ferris

Sorry they have a face recognition thing like in Minority Report? and they just wheel it around and scan your mug regardless?

Fucking hell.

I doubt they could arrest you on the back of it (a decent lawyer could argue you weren't able to meaningfully assert your right to avoid the dystopian fizzog-snatcher) but still fucking hell.

Sebastian Cobb

Quote from: Ferris on March 10, 2022, 04:59:11 PMSorry they have a face recognition thing like in Minority Report? and they just wheel it around and scan your mug regardless?

Fucking hell.

I doubt they could arrest you on the back of it (a decent lawyer could argue you weren't able to meaningfully assert your right to avoid the dystopian fizzog-snatcher) but still fucking hell.

What they tend to do is put the cameras up in a busy area and have it perform lookups for people with outstanding warrants, previous convictions etc.

The technology is reliant on contrast so is naturally less good at dealing with people of colour. However the real problem is what they do in spite of this when the system has an unconfident match - it's generally configured to give people the worst possible experience (configured to give false positives in the street for a shakedown but dialled down to be extra picky in something like an immigration/passport setting).

Ferris

That is somehow even more fascist and bleak than my initial understanding.

How does this stuff get past parliament? That's Winston Smith tier.

Sebastian Cobb

I think they start using the technology first and worry about that later.

Buelligan

Why are the Metropolitan Police still a thing?  What is the justification?

Johnny Yesno

Quote from: SpiderChrist on March 15, 2022, 09:31:09 PMFucking hell

Holy shit. That's appalling.

Somehow, I missed this slightly better news: https://www.itv.com/news/london/2022-03-11/sarah-everard-vigil-organisers-win-high-court-case-against-met-police

QuoteThe Metropolitan Police breached the rights of organisers of a vigil for Sarah Everard with its handling of the planned event, High Court judges have ruled.

Reg Tits

That's why we call you the filth,
That's why we call you the filth,
You don't give a shit,
You never will,
That's why we call you the filth.

I don't understand how anyone these days can respect these cunts.

Buelligan

You have to laugh or you'd have to hang them all from lamp posts. 

The other night, I felt a bit homesick for the old UK.  Had a look on YT and found a nineties police story about David Jason, thought, this'll be just the ticket.  Ended up shouting CUNTS, YOU FUCKING CUNTS.  After a matter of minutes.  Even their cuddly olde worlde imaginary facade is all about being UTTER FUCKING CUNTS.

mjwilson

https://twitter.com/Nadine_Writes/status/1504536237482426379

QuoteOver 9000 children were strip searched by the Met Police in the last five years including 35 children under the age of 12, Freedom of Information data shows. #ChildQ

Kankurette