Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:33:54 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Texas Attorney General ready to criminalise gay sex.

Started by Paul Calf, July 02, 2022, 07:19:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

touchingcloth

Quote from: flotemysost on July 03, 2022, 01:36:29 PMI think it depends on what type of criticisms of BLM you're referring to here, but white people going "ALL lives matter!" really isn't the same as people (Jewish or not) criticising human rights abuses in Israel. I can completely appreciate some Black people (including some of my friends) have had a complex reaction to the way the BLM movement panned out in 2020 and beyond.

Anyway can we get back on topic? This definitely isn't going to stop at Roe v. Wade and it's terrifying.

This isn't the Roe v Wade thread, it's the bumming one.

tourism

Quote from: Martin Van Buren Stan on July 03, 2022, 07:45:18 AMYou think I'm some former poster you have beef with because I said "salty"? It's an incredibly common word these days

more of a 2019 thing

shoulders

flotemysost

Quote from: touchingcloth on July 03, 2022, 01:43:58 PMThis isn't the Roe v Wade thread, it's the bumming one.

Oh I know, I meant that they're definitely not going to stop there. Bumming next. As some of the tweets shown in the article in OP say, it's all part of the same fight.

touchingcloth

JamesTC

Quote from: bgmnts on July 03, 2022, 12:58:55 AMJust going to strap yourself over a table or something or...?

Happy to be the giver or the receiver. In Texas ONLY.

Buelligan

Quote from: bgmnts on July 03, 2022, 02:24:16 PMWell more bumming = less abortions.

That is just what they're hoping to avoid, you iiidiot

Murdoch and his pals want lots of desperate minions fighting over the crumbs.  More live births so's they can feed the babies into their fucking money machine.

flotemysost

A few US-based queer/lefty/feminist social media accounts I follow have recently suggested that, taking the lead from Black civil rights campaigners, responding to these changes by protesting and donating will only get us so far, and we really need to collectively hit them where it hurts - i.e. boycott and strike. I don't disagree but I have no idea where to start, really.

Dex Sawash

Already boycotting TX because it is too fucking hot. Not sure what to do next, can keep on using Texas Pete hot sauce because it comes from Winston-Salem (north carolina).

flotemysost

Will this law also mean that Americans can no longer say "bummer, dude!"? Surely THAT's got to be unconstitutional!

bgmnts

Quote1) Snickers, Skittles and Starburst More than half of the Snicker bars consumed in all of North America are made in Waco, at the Mars Chocolate North America factory. The facility has been in this quirky college town — more infamously known for a biker shootout and the Branch Davidian siege — for some 40 years. The factory employs 500, and also produces nearly all of the Skittles and Starbust consumed on this continent.

touchingcloth

Waco had a biker shootout? That sounds like a round from Fun House.