Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 07:01:37 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Post your non-cat/non-dog pets

Started by Kankurette, February 14, 2024, 03:29:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kankurette

Inspired by the current Glinner thread and these guys:
Quote from: g0m on February 14, 2024, 02:18:13 PMsorry. if you own these gentle beloved rodents you're queer. cited as evidence, here are peppermint and chamomile [2021-2023, rip] pictured here making a yin-yang because they are very concerned about energy

We've got a thread for dogs and a thread for mogs, but what about other pets? Anyone got any pets that AREN'T cats or dogs? Tortoises, guinea pigs, chinchillas, snakes, tarantulas, bunnies etc.?

(I am phobic of mice and rats but not to the point where I can't look at pictures of them, and some pet rats are cute tbf)

Zero Gravitas

RATS!? Okay, this has turned me reactionary.

baptist

Is that a car seat?

They get bolder by the day.

buttgammon

imitationleather

Keep misreading the title as "Post a pic of your non-canon pets" and I like it.

Egyptian Feast

Edit: Bugger. Misunderstood premise of thread.

imitationleather

Didn't even bother to misread the thread title.

Zero Gravitas

Quote from: imitationleather on February 14, 2024, 04:05:52 PMKeep misreading the title as "Post a pic of your non-canon pets" and I like it.

Gurke and Hare

Wouldn't mind a chinchilla. This one's not mine, it was scampering round in a cannabis social club I visited in Madrid and was v cute and friendly.

imitationleather

Gurke and Hare

Quote from: imitationleather on February 14, 2024, 04:58:01 PMCannabis!!!

Yeah, I know, but that's where it was. I didn't imagine it because there were peas coming out of my face or anything.

Poobum

Potato loving his edible wonderland.

The last mice I had.

The last rats I had, Bean, Boko, and Kayki.

Piggy's herb time.

Mop in full glory.

Mop with his summer cut.

The Mollusk

Quote from: Poobum on February 14, 2024, 05:14:31 PM
Mop in full glory.

I'm quietly losing my shit over this image, thank you

buttgammon

Head Gardener

the look of a humiliated lizard

at precisely 14:53 Mulder became aware that there was another one

Kankurette

Jerrykeshton

Had guinea pigs until just before Christmas.  Miss the cheeky little boys every day.

I'll try to figure out how to post an image.

Glebe

tookish

I'm currently caring for an elderly, obese mouse called Mortimer. He was exceptionally grumpy when I got him but now sits in my palm to eat mealworm.

Poobum

Glad Mop is getting the love he quite rightly deserves. Never imagined what absolutely lovable animals guinea pigs are until I got em, so much joy in just watching them exist.

bgmnts

Quote from: tookish on February 15, 2024, 10:43:22 AMI'm currently caring for an elderly, obese mouse called Mortimer. He was exceptionally grumpy when I got him but now sits in my palm to eat mealworm.

Give him a tiny sliver of peanut butter and watch him go!

buttgammon

Quote from: Poobum on February 15, 2024, 02:02:43 PMGlad Mop is getting the love he quite rightly deserves. Never imagined what absolutely lovable animals guinea pigs are until I got em, so much joy in just watching them exist.

Guinea pig squeaks are the best of all animal noises.

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

I am currently looking after three corn snakes for two of my friends. Two are just for a few weeks while their owner is on holiday, the other is here indefinitely, pending his owner finding a pet-friendly place to live (I also got a cat out of this deal, but that's off topic). A lot of my friends and family are aghast at the idea, but I think they're really quite lovely creatures. Admittedly, the long term one has bitten me twice, but my biggest fear of handling them is that they might do a poo on me.

Quote from: Gurke and Hare on February 14, 2024, 04:55:11 PMWouldn't mind a chinchilla. This one's not mine, it was scampering round in a cannabis social club I visited in Madrid and was v cute and friendly.

We looked after three of them some years back and they flung their turds everywhere. They're brutal little bastards as well: There used to be four, but their owner came home one day to find that they'd killed one, by biting its face off.

Kankurette

prelektric

Quote from: Kankurette on February 16, 2024, 06:59:35 PMThe Wheekening

We kept a small herd of guinea pigs back in the day - wonderful creatures, loved them dearly. Wish I still had some photos of them, might ask my mam next time I see her, we had some real beauties. Love "Mop" further up thread, we had one like that.

They need proper care though, and never, ever keep one on its own. They're highly social creatures and need some pals to jump around with. But I'm sure the piggy owners here know that of course. :)

Claude the Racecar Driving Rockstar Super Sleuth

Bitey boy, sinking his teeth into something other than my hand.

That's the tooth that I dug out of my finger a week later.

lauraxsynthesis

Quote from: The Mollusk on February 14, 2024, 05:36:53 PMI'm quietly losing my shit over this image, thank you

SAME. Someday when my doggies are gone I will again have guinea pigs. My last ones were sisters named Blodwyn and Myfanwy.

Small Man Big Horse

Once a year I have a creative writing lesson about guinea pigs, and have to begin the lesson with this video:

Now the song is part of me. I am part small man, part big horse, and part guinea pig Olympics. And the latter is slowly growing in size, pushing the others in to the gutters, and one day it will be all that's left of me. I'll be a big fat old mad lunatic uttering the words "Marvel at the blur of their tiny feet" over and over again.

Proactive

I'm a gentle, kind soul in many ways but if I had the means, I'd wage nuclear war against all reptiles without a second thought.