Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:30:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

London CaB Meet 4th May 2024

Started by Small Man Big Horse, March 02, 2024, 05:35:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madhair60

lauraxsynthesis

Small Man Big Horse

Quote from: lauraxsynthesis on March 03, 2024, 10:00:37 PM@Small Man Big Horse did you say @Barry Admin is coming to this one?

Not to my knowledge, though I know we've both spoken about the possibility of a trip to Northern Ireland to celebrate CaB's 25 anniversary.

Quote from: madhair60 on March 03, 2024, 09:28:02 PM

Nah, I've proof, see below a screengrab of the Notepad diary I keep on my pc:

flotemysost

Look like the old "train strike scheduled for same day as a London CaB meet" curse smites us again, btw (except this time it's the Tube, not rail): https://www.timeout.com/london/news/london-train-strikes-everything-you-need-to-know-021723

Hopefully if we stick with the suggested London Bridge location this might not be too much of a fly in the ointment, depending on where people are coming from, as trains should still be running? Or we can always just ensure we faaackin ave it laaaarge until at least 11:59PM when the strike action will be over, PROBLEM SOLVED

Memorex MP3

Quote from: flotemysost on March 20, 2024, 07:36:38 PMLook like the old "train strike scheduled for same day as a London CaB meet" curse smites us again, btw (except this time it's the Tube, not rail): https://www.timeout.com/london/news/london-train-strikes-everything-you-need-to-know-021723

Hopefully if we stick with the suggested London Bridge location this might not be too much of a fly in the ointment, depending on where people are coming from, as trains should still be running? Or we can always just ensure we faaackin ave it laaaarge until at least 11:59PM when the strike action will be over, PROBLEM SOLVED

The day after the local elections isn't it? Strike will probably be cancelled a fair bit beforehand

Butchers Blind

Quote from: flotemysost on March 20, 2024, 07:36:38 PMLook like the old "train strike scheduled for same day as a London CaB meet" curse smites us again, btw (except this time it's the Tube, not rail): https://www.timeout.com/london/news/london-train-strikes-everything-you-need-to-know-021723

As long as mainline services are running, London Bridge is ok for me.

madhair60

cackling about your cunty little meet getting scuppered. don't ever fuck with me again.

lauraxsynthesis

Now I'm boycotting that Cambridge bollocks then

jobotic

Is this cunty little meet still a goer?

lauraxsynthesis

Yes! Still trying to find the ideal venue but failing that, same as xmas

dr_christian_troy

I can be there somewhere in London for any Saturday in May (except the 4th)

Dex Sawash

I thought I was the only Star Track fan on here

lauraxsynthesis

Habeamus the perfect venue!

The Horseshoe Inn:
- is just behind London Bridge Station
- is a beautiful traditional pub
- has a pub cat
- doesn't have loud music
- is possibly reasonably priced for central London? £6.80 for Guinness, £6.70 for Heineken
- has loads of outdoor space in case it's a nice day/for you smokers
If it looks familiar, it was The Railway Arms in Ashes to Ashes, where Nelson
Spoiler alert
took Alex to the afterlife
[close]

We've got a covered area booked in the ground floor beer garden - go through the pub, out the back and turn left and look for the wooden structure. It's booked from 1pm and they'll only hold it for 15 mins so it would be great if a few folks get there in time for 1 :D 

26 Melior Street, SE1 3QP - quickest route is from the St Thomas St exit from London Bridge Station.

Butchers Blind

Looks decent. Thanks for organising and will try to make it for 1pm.

non capisco

Looks mint. Cheers again for sorting Laura!

flotemysost

Great work, cheers Laura! I'm gonna nominally say I should be alright to get there for 1 (but will see closer to the time).

lauraxsynthesis

BUMP!
1pm The Horseshoe Arms, 26 Melior Street, SE1 3QP - quickest route is from the St Thomas St exit from London Bridge Station. We'll be in the covered bit on the left side of the beer garden.

DrGreggles

Won't be there. Train replacement buses innit.

M-CORP

I will see about this, would obviously love to but budgeting and other commitments may prevent me (already got lots of excursions to London and Belfast to save for).

That and I'm scared of horses.

pancreas

I expect to make an appearance.