Tip jar

If you like CaB and wish to support it, you can use PayPal or KoFi. Thank you, and I hope you continue to enjoy the site - Neil.

Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

Support CaB

Recent

Welcome to Cook'd and Bomb'd. Please login or sign up.

April 27, 2024, 12:36:27 PM

Login with username, password and session length

The Amazing Levitating Welsh Granny

Started by Alberon, March 05, 2024, 01:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alberon

I think I worked out how she performed this trick, but I won't spoil it for others.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-68480196

Neville Chamberlain

Video Game Fan 2000

QuoteA woman was raised several feet into the air after her coat became stuck on a shop shutter in this hilarious viral video that's left viewers "screaming" with laughter.

love it when old people have an accident and they panic

reminds me of great british comedy

Video Game Fan 2000

first comment

QuoteWhy did king Charles go to the dentist?
TO GET HIS TEETH CROWNED 👑

Senior Baiano

"She was really frightened"

"Ha ha, yeah"

Pavlov`s Dog`s Dad`s Dead

She's got real confidence in her act. No patter to heighten the anticipation, just straight into it when the curtain goes up

Zero Gravitas

Why didn't they keep going up?

Not what I was hoping for.

Alberon

QuoteSpeaking at her home near the shop, Ms Hughes said: "I was just stood there when my coat got caught and up I went. I thought flipping heck!

"People say it could happen to anyone, no, it could only happen to me! It's just lucky I've got a good sense of humour."

She was sporting a bruised face and black eye – but said it was from another accident and not her shutter shocker.

She said: "I've been suffering falls for the past six months or so and the doctors up the hospital think it's from low blood pressure – it was going up then!

"I was lucky my coat didn't break because I really didn't want to land on my face again."

The store posted CCTV footage of the incident online saying: "Don't hang about like Ann, come down to Best One to get the best deals!!! The only thing going up in this shop is our staff, not the prices!!"

QuoteShe said she was shaken up by the incident but not injured - and has even seen the funny side.

"Last night we were singing Fame to all my messenger group and they thought it was hysterical," she joked.

"I'll have to handle the fame, always have my make up on.

"I'll never go against those shutters again. Never. I've learned my lesson."

The way things are going with the Wonka ripoff saga actors she'll be cancelled by teatime.

idunnosomename

for some reason the music that sounds like it's for the infoburst over the credits at the end of Bad Influence makes it funnier

Video Game Fan 2000

Quote from: idunnosomename on March 05, 2024, 01:32:33 PMfor some reason the music that sounds like it's for the infoburst over the credits at the end of Bad Influence makes it funnier

if you pause at 0:25 you can see Nam Rood's recipe for Sonic the Cupcakes

TrenterPercenter

Now that's wot I call shoplifting.

Also cool af having zero fucks given

El Unicornio, mang

Gives new meaning to the phrase "Grab a Granny"!!1

Video Game Fan 2000

Video Game Fan 2000

kazuma kiryu going nani? and slamming the ufo catcher when the welsh granny falls flat on her face

Psybro

Kankurette

Is anyone else thinking of that scene in Scream where Rose McGowan gets trapped in a garage door?

Icehaven

Quote from: Alberon on March 05, 2024, 01:32:17 PMThe way things are going with the Wonka ripoff saga actors she'll be cancelled by teatime.

Or she'll sue the shopkeeper. It was just as well he was a burly bloke who could lift her down, but that won't matter to Ann, she wants her compo.

Butchers Blind

Those are some good shutters to be able to lift an old codger. Need to put that in their advertising blurb.

shiftwork2

Whenever I go back to my hometown I'm always struck by, but not lifted up by, those shop shutters which are everywhere.  They don't exist where I live now.  I wondered why that was and concluded: they put them up in shitholes.

Senior Baiano

shiftwork2

Oh, sounds to me like someone lives in shuttertown.

Video Game Fan 2000

[blown out garage rock riff]
mark e smith off Levitate: i'm a granny
[blown out keyboard overdub]

Underturd

I thought all Welsh grannies could levitate, it's a national talent.

the hum

"She'll do things that ye never saw yer Granny do"

Terence Bowl

Has this Welsh Granny been Milkshake Ducked yet?

Terence Bowl

Milkshake Duck isn't a thing, stop trying to make it a thing.

Maurice Yeatman

Quote from: Butchers Blind on March 05, 2024, 02:29:10 PMThose are some good shutters to be able to lift an old codger.

But she's only the same age as Lynda Carter who played Wonder Woman.

Makes you think.

madhair60

steve98

Give me a firm place to stand and a lever electrically-operated shutter, and I can move the Earth a Welsh granny - Archimedes.